• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic is developing a PC exclusive game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
No further details are known.

Joystiq said:
Mike Capps: Epic Games has a PC-exclusive game in the works
by Ben Gilbert on Apr 7th 2012 1:50PM

Gears of War and Fortnite dev Epic Games is getting back to its roots with a PC-exclusive project, creative lead Cliff Bleszinski and president Mike Capps announced today during a PAX East panel. "We might be working on a PC-only title," Capps teased, before Bleszinski picked up where he left off: "Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game."

The panel is still going on, but we'll be sure to chat to the Epic folks as soon as it's over.

Update: Epic Games prez Mike Capps told us after the panel that the unannounced PC project is currently underway, and that the current plans are to keep the game exclusive to the PC platform. Unsurprisingly, he wouldn't tell us anything else.
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/07/epic-games-has-a-pc-exclusive-in-the-works/

Makoto

They're going to dump zero marketing dollars into it, deliberately have it bomb, only to use that result as evidence that PC gaming is dead.

I'm kidding.

Or am I?

Atomski

There was a thread about this yesterday.. but I can not for the life of me find it with search.

Anyways great news.. can't wait to see what Epic will do with a PC only game. Would love a new Unreal Tourney :).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
actually it will be interesting to see what it is because they might try something new with this. As PC allows direct communication with players and quick adjustments to their needs it might pan out pretty nice.

Tellaerin

UT F2P. Its a no brainer, really.

Bleh, no.

I'd like a new UT game. Or, hell, an Unreal 3 that hearkens back to the original Unreal.

Couldn't care less about playing the games I already own through a web browser, especially since I don't see an F2P UT supporting all the community-made content that's appeared over the years. And it'd no doubt be infested with microtransactions as well. No thanks.

zlatko

Banned
It better be the next "Crysis" in terms of pushing what a PC can do to run it.

I don't care if it's a FPS, TPS or whatever, but I'm hoping it's a serious big ass project and not just a free to play type of game.

Lancehead

Considering CliffyB's recent comments on level design, I kinda expect this be a shooter in vein of old school ones.

sp3000

Bleh, no.

I'd like a new UT game. Or, hell, an Unreal 3 that hearkens back to the original Unreal.

Couldn't care less about playing the games I already own through a web browser, especially since I don't see an F2P UT supporting all the community-made content that's appeared over the years. And it'd no doubt be infested with microtransactions as well. No thanks.

Yeah, I have no interest in a Free to play UT when I can still find a match for the original with tons of user made content. My UT folder is over 9 gigs at this point.

It's not going to be anything graphically impressive either because they are bound by MS and Sony to not show their UE4 engine until next gen platforms show up. They also don't have the budget to spend money on a PC exclusive UE4 game. So it's almost surely going to be F2P.

Plissken

I would be very happy if it was a PC sequel to Bulletstorm, but that's never gonna happen. So I would go with everyone else and guess F2P Unreal, probably browser based ala Quake Live.

Unreal Tournament 4 on Unreal Engine 4 featuring melee combat from the Championship games, and playing like a proper sequel to UT2K4.

Epic instantly redeemed for wasting six years on Gears.

King_Moc

Banned
I'll believe it when i see it. I think they've realised where the money is and will be pouring most of their effort into whatever console game they do next.

Top Bottom