• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Volume 3 - UMvC3 Invitational

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ijTbAIn3QoXaY.png

What?

Announcement Video

This is the third iteration of the Curleh Mustache Tournament Series hosted by BT IFC Yipes and TeamSp00ky. A high roller MvC3 tournament series, with this one being the second of UMvC3. Even better, every match is 3 games out of 5, as many players have been begging for as the standard for UMvC3 matches. 25$ entry for those invited and 10$ venue/spectator fee is in place for Curleh Mustache 3.

The last two Curleh Mustaches have been pretty successful at delivering the hype, and with recent shakeups in tournament results with regards to character variety being on blast, we can only hope to see what new technology is put on display here. Will we finally see MarlinPie's inescapable, instakill mixup on a character coming in?

The payout is unknown at this point in time, but the previous Curleh Mustache Series had the winner taking home the entire pot.

The main events this time around are:
  • New York vs. Maryland
    TEAM NY
    RayRay (Captain)
    AlukardNY
    FC Chris G
    Moons
    Dieminion DragonGod

TEAM MD
    DJ Huoshen (Captain)
    RyRy
    Unknown
    4th Star
    Meep
  • DJ Huoshen vs. SmoothViper

CLICK HERE FOR BRACKETS.

Who?

List of invited via SRK:
NYC/NJ:
Chris G
Noel Brown
Ray Ray
SmoothViper
Alukard
Omniscythe
Evil Rashaan
MegamanSteve
Pungza
FooBlat
nerd Josh
jago
NYCFab
Dieminion
Moons
Li joe
TA predator
Winrich
dragongod
Liston
Jason Da Dragon
Bankboyspanks
Mr.quotes
Marlin Pie
XeQushioner
genius
sean aquino
KDZ
BUM
Masta CJ
Mike Infinite
Omen

Upstate New York:polish Mafia
Damus
Ryan Tonner

Philly:
Demon hyo
Felax
Rogue Yoshi
Doc Chaos
10 Stars
Damien
julien Robinson
Josh Wong
Insaynne

Maryland/Virginia:
Unknown
FourthStar
Meep
Dj houshen
Ryry
Steve H
Grimy Grizzly
Master Crash
Boss N
iNerd

Rhode Island/Connecticut:
Essex
J juice
Ill Will

Out of Towners,lol:
RDK
OMG its andre
Smokey

Why?

Do you need any other reason?

The first Curleh Mustache Series was overflowing with hype and new tech, including the infamous Quicksilver glitch found at the end of MvC3's lifespan. But new game, renewed hype.

The second Curleh Mustache Series was no slouch either, with a metric ton of hype as well. Parallax Scroll brought the hype too with the incredible Stream Monster Bingo that took the GAF experience to the next level:

q738M.png

I mean we could all make our own.. but damn.. this is too good. If you like high level UMvC3 play, you would be a fool to miss out the Curleh Mustache Series.

Previous winners of Curleh Mustaches:
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 1: UVG Noel Brown
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 2: MCZ AG MarlinPie

Where?

At The Next Level arcade in NYC.

Or, like most of us, watch the live stream here with fellow GAFers on TeamSp00ky's own3d.tv Channel.

When?

Tonight, March 31st, 2012 at 7PM 8PM EST. 5PM PST for west coast folk. The stream is live with casuals at the moment.

In the mean time, you can check out the infamous Bum's House of Crack stream for pipin' and some mayorin', or other current fighting game streams going on.

---

ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif

GET HYPE!

Beth Cyra

So did I miss the thing that tunred into a meme with putting West Coast three hours ahead of east?

Just wondering because this isn't the first time I've seen it.

sephi22

I dont get it - Is Bum coming or not?
His name is struck off in the list, but his stream says hes practicing for this

Azure J

Best 1st post and 1st reply ever. :lol

Man this one is fucking stacked. Here's to seeing some sick shit. :D

Edit: I want to see some rushdown Morrigan.

Dahbomb

I am hyped for MarlinPie's new guard break tech. If I see it on stream I will call it out and you guys can cross off "new glitch" from the bingo.

Dis gonna b gud.gif

Although looking at the Bingo, most of those aren't going to make it. Very low chance of a 5-0 as there aren't that many money matches this time around. But whatever GET FUCKING HYPED!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So did I miss the thing that tunred into a meme with putting West Coast three hours ahead of east?

Just wondering because this isn't the first time I've seen it.
Honest mistake! Will fix :p

I dont get it - Is Bum coming or not?
His name is struck off in the list, but his stream says hes practicing for this
One of the first replies in the SRK thread said that he wouldn't be able to make it, and he flops on tourneys on the regular. The last Curleh Mustache had a live Bum stream the days before too and Bum still bailed. I'll uncross it just to be safe.

USD

On the House of Crack stream Bum mentioned that it was his birthday, so there was no way he would be going to Curleh Mustache.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
On the House of Crack stream Bum mentioned that it was his birthday, so there was no way he would be going to Curleh Mustache.
But he'll stay up and play Marvel all day anyways at home? :p

Anyways, noted. Will re-cross.

Giard

Morrigan is now top-tier? Things have changed since I've last played...
I think I'll play a couple of matches this week, get my ass kicked by gaffers.

She's not top tier, but everyone here is expecting Chris G to be in the finals spamming Soul Fists. I actually kind of have been unimpressed by his play recently but it's kind of hard to see anyone in East Coast beating him. Marlinepie might but he's still a bit free to zoning.

Give me Morrigan or give me death.

Edit: I have not seen Marlinpie play in a good minute. I hope he goes crazy at this tournament. He is just one of the best players to watch in action when it comes to rushdown.

shaowebb

I'm betting we see some people with either Raccoon or more Joe's this time around after Final Round's stuff. A ton of people seem to be trying to make a backpocket Raccoon with Log assist for setups lately and Joe is just someone I'm betting on because of how slick Ageojoe's mixups were if you dhc into slow to setup folks. I just feel people will try to copy his tech or setups in some form with the lil guy at this.

At least I can hope so :D

Azure J

it's all about her fireball pressure that builds meter during her doppleganger super.

start at 2:00:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQkaI0_f7ek

marlin deals with it better than a lot of other players

I think in that one week alone, he cracked it open, especially with how many times he had to run it back with Chris G after the exhibition. (8 on The Break & Big Two multiple times in brackets)

Give me Morrigan or give me death.

Edit: I have not seen Marlinpie play in a good minute. I hope he goes crazy at this tournament. He is just one of the best players to watch in action when it comes to rushdown.

I don't get what it is really, but every time Marlin comes to play, I'm always rooting for him. Everything about his play style just seems calculated in a way you can't comprehend at first glance and dat execution.

Corimon

Neo Member

I personally don't believe she's top tier compared to the rest of the cast. Though in terms of zoning, she's pretty much the best. Especially with them Doom missiles.

rexor0717

Looking forward to this one. The last one was full of great matches, especially Alucard v Marlin Pie. That was probably my favorite match, and it inspired me to level up my Doom.

Top Bottom