• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait, wait... Jade (BG&E) was black??

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
First black videogame stars:
http://microscopiq.com/2007/02/first-black-videogame-stars/

bge-jade.jpg

Edit: And Alyx Vance?

180px-Alyx_face.jpg

Hmmm...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
SlaughterX said:
Alyx obviously is, I mean her father is black...

I've haven't played HL2 (yet). Only seen all the promo stuff and videos. I never thought she looked black.

swoon

wasn't she darker in the early screen shots and then she was made lighter, bustier and
an alien! which sort of makes her race a moot point

MutFox

Banned
norinrad21 said:
michael.jpg

Michael Edwards in Eternal Darkness

The most positive portray of a black person I've ever encounter in a video game. :)
It's because he's Canadian. (SK is Canadian, so they want to make the Canadian look good.)

tnw

Banned
There's a gay(well at least flamboyant) black bartender in shadowrun. (at the jagged nails bar, The one where you meet Kitsune)

And of course

yamp-jax.jpg

Question: Can a rascist joke be stated with no ban if the joke is preceeded by a warning?

If not, forget that.

And no, I always thought of Jade as an arab.

Amir0x

Banned
they said black MAIN character. I presume they mean the central focus of the games plot or gameplay. So for FFVII, Barret wouldn't be the main character... Cloud would. Same goes for Gears of War, with Marcus Fenix being the main character.

Rhazer Fusion said:
I'm pretty sure Alyx was black and asian. In the beginning of Half Life 2, there is a picture of her father and an asian woman holding a baby if I remember correctly. I am assuming that the baby was Alyx.

kinda like Tiger Woods...

I have no idea why I just pointed that out

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
They are both the colour of hotness, ie. real women.

Unlike those fapfests populated with inflated Itagaki titty dolls that you sad wankers keep purchasing.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Amir0x said:
they said black MAIN character. I presume they mean the central focus of the games plot or gameplay. So for FFVII, Barret wouldn't be the main character... Cloud would. Same goes for Gears of War, with Marcus Fenix being the main character.

Yea, thats what he meant, I think. Half of the characters mentioned are like side characters...

I can't really think of any main characters (especially not female). Add on to the fact that most of the characters are like stereotyped to all hell. :/

bishoptl said:

Unlike those fapfests populated with inflated Itagaki titty dolls that you sad wankers keep purchasing.

A ****ing men.

Branduil

Karma Kramer said:
kinda like Tiger Woods...

I have no idea why I just pointed that out

It seems like asian/african-american couples often end up with really beautiful children.

karasu

BlindN-Fan said:
What? She don't look asian..more of a european for sure.

eh? What europeans are that dark with uber dark hair, eyes, eyebrows, etc, and names like Jade(a name western writers tend to give female asian characters)?

Pimpbaa

bishoptl said:

Personality wise? For sure. As for looks, Jade looks more cartoony than the DOA girls. But that's not necessarily a bad thing since it makes her fit in with the style of the game (otherwise you'd have some shit like whats in the "next gen" sonic game). Alyx, she definitely looks real. Too real. So real it makes me wanna tap that a....nevermind.

Top Bottom