• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

page14tow1.png

page2ipp5z.png

page34op8d.png

qaoeoav.png

NEW FIGHTERZ

september1644k01.png

9/16/2017
Yamcha - Power: B | Speed: S | Reach: B | Technique: A | Energy: B
Tenshinhan - Power: A | Speed: A | Reach: A | Technique: A | Energy: B
Android 21*

10/18/2017
Nappa - Power: S | Speed: C | Reach: S | Technique: A | Energy: B
Captain Ginyu - Power: S | Speed: B | Reach: A | Technique: S | Energy: B

*Playability unconfirmed

gokuavatarbmlqa.png
gohanavatarvky3h.png
vegetaavatary1b66.png

friezaavatar0wa8f.png
cellavatargyxw5.png
buuavatarr2zw3.png

Release date will be announced in November issue of V Jump!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is this going to be one of those games where there's like 8 different Gokus to choose from at the character select, or will they and the different super saiyan transformations, be rolled into one character?

Is this going to be one of those games where there's like 8 different Gokus to choose from at the character select, or will they and the different super saiyan transformations, be rolled into one character?

So far it looks like everything is rolled into a single character

TreIII

Nah, not likely.

If Slaythe is right, there will likely only be two Gokus to worry about (unless Goku Black is also a thing, but he doesn't reallyeven fight like Goku does). The SSJ form that we've seen and his Blue form that's likely going to be just as different Order Sol was to Sol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was wondering if we were going to get a thread like this like we have the Marvel thread (which is basically used for general discussion), subbed

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Supreme Kai World
Random Earth City
Wasteland
Red Ribbon Base/Lab
Tropical Island Environment
Inside Buu

My stage guesses.

shaowebb

Piccolo, Krillin with steerable destructo discs, Future Trunks with Sword, and Broly

These 4 make it in and I am happy no matter what else occurs. I'll be able to run all the matches I truly wanted with these last few. Game is only 20% complete at this point. I got good odds of getting the me all too :)

Basketball

1. Goku
  2. Future Trunks
  3. Vegeta
  4. Nappa
  5. (Teen) Gohan
  6. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  7. Krillin
  8. Raditz/Bardock/Android 20 ??
  9. Tien
  10. Piccolo
  11. Android 17
  12. Android 18
  13. Android 16
  14. Frieza
  15. Ginyu
  16. Majin Buu
  17. Kid Buu
  18. (Perfect) Cell
  19. Pikkon
  20. Broly
  21. Dabura
  22. Super Buu
  23. Hercule
  24. Gotenks
Pretty Good hopeful list I think
Sticking with just Z

Stages:
Beerus's Planet
Kami's Lookout
Babadi's Ship
Cell Games Arena
Roshi's Island
King Kai's Planet
Planet of the Kais
Future Trunks's Destroyed City
U7 vs U6 Arena
Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Capsule Corp

Alienous

1. Goku
  2. Future Trunks
  3. Vegeta
  4. Nappa
  5. (Teen) Gohan
  6. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  7. Krillin
  9. Tien
  10. Piccolo
  11. Android 17
  12. Android 18
  13. Android 16
  14. Frieza
  15. Ginyu
  16. Majin Buu
  17. Kid Buu
  18. (Perfect) Cell
  19. Pikkon
  20. Broly
  21. Dabura
  22. Super Buu
  23. Hercule
  24. Gotenks
Pretty Good list I think

Get Pikkon, Android 17, Super Buu out of there - replace them with Beerus, Hit and Goku Black. Bardock instead of Raditz. Take out Nappa (SSJ Goku and Vegeta seem to be their default, so I doubt the game will cover the Saiyan Saga) and Hercule. Add SSB Goku and Vegeta, and that's about what I expect the roster to be.

Basketball

Get Pikkon, Android 17, Super Buu out of there - replace them with Beerus, Hit and Goku Black. Bardock instead of Raditz. Take out Nappa (SSJ Goku and Vegeta seem to be their default, so I doubt the game will cover the Saiyan Saga) and Hercule. Add SSB Goku and Vegeta, and that's about what I expect the roster to be.

No Super hopefully

Super Buu did so much damage in Z (killed everyone) (What other character did this)
You can't have 18 without 17
Bardock okay
Nappa is iconic in the series and pretty well known due to memes and Team4Star but I like him over any Super characters or used character slots for Hair changes

Okay if one Super character makes it .. Beerus maybe for Pikkon

cordy

Banned
My prediction is...

- Goku / SSB Goku
- Vegeta / SSB Vegeta
- SSj2 Gohan (Cell Saga)
- Freeza / Golden Freeza
- Perfect Cell
- Majin Buu
- Piccolo
- Krillin
- Future Trunks
- Ultimate Gohan
- Gotenks
- Vegetto
- Hercule
- Nappa
- Captain Ginyu
- Super Buu / Kid Buu
- Broly
- Beerus

20 characters.
SSB and Kid Buu will likely be similar to Installs.
Only Super characters I see in the base game are Golden Freeza, Beerus, SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta.

All the other Super characters will be DLC or for the sequel where they can go all out with the series.

My current guesses for the roster:

1) Goku
1.1) Goku Blue
2) Vegeta
2.2) Vegeta Blue
3) Gohan
4) Ultimate Gohan
5) Future Trunks (Ikari install)
6) Vegito (Blue install)
7) Krillin
8) Piccolo
9) Gotenks (SSJ3 install)
10) Freeza (Golden install)
11) Cell
12) Majin Buu
13) Kid Buu
14) Android 18
15) Beerus
16) Hit
17) Merged Zamasu (Final Boss)
18) Broly
19) Bardock

I feel like every character on this list is 100% guaranteed to be in. They amount to 19 characters + 2 clones.. which seems reasonable by Arc standards.

If they decided to up the roster to 24 characters, I think those with highest chances to be in are:

20) Android 16
21) Android 17
22) Master Roshi
23) Tien
24) Yamcha (Joke character)

Other possibilities can be Captain Ginyu, Raditz, or Nappa. I hope none of them are in though.

for the DLCs, I think we're getting Black, Caulifla, Kale, and Jiren. That would be perfect for Super representation.

Alienous

No Super

Super Buu did so much damage in Z
You can't have 18 without 17
Bardock okay
Nappa is iconic in the series and pretty well known due to memes and Team4Star but I like him over any Super characters or used character slots for Hair changes

I don't think ArcSys are going to miss out on representing Super - I doubt Bandai Namco would even give them the option. Golden Frieza is in this and was in Extreme Butoden, and though he's technically part of the canon DBZ movies I imagine ArcSys will want to go further than the roster they had in their previous DBZ game. Goku Black would have been the talk of the town when they were putting the roster for this game together.

Super Buu did a lot, sure, but he'd be the third Buu in the game (surely Kid Buu would get in). That and his movelist would require his absorptions, and I'm not sure how they'd handle that. His exclusion would leave Gotenks in a weird place though.

You can have 18 without 17. ArcSys have done it before.

And Nappa - as I said it seems like Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta are the default. If that's the case I don't expect Nappa or Raditz, but the game to skip representing the Saiyan saga entirely.

My thoughts on a realistic* roster with ASW at the helm:

1: Goku
2: Vegeta
3: Gohan
4: Frieza
5: Cell
6: Majin Buu
7: Piccolo
8: Krillin
9: Future Trunks
10: Android 17
11: Android 18
12: Android 16
13: Captain Ginyu
14: Caulifla
15: Hit
16: Broly/Kale
17: Goku Black
18: Zamasu
19: Beerus

*You may replace most of the DB Super characters with "clone" characters like SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, Kid Buu, Adult Gohan and ect...

1. Goku
  2. Future Trunks
  3. Vegeta
  4. Nappa
  5. (Teen) Gohan
  6. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  7. Krillin
  9. Tien
  10. Piccolo
  11. Android 17
  12. Android 18
  13. Android 16
  14. Frieza
  15. Ginyu
  16. Majin Buu
  17. Kid Buu
  18. (Perfect) Cell
  19. Pikkon
  20. Broly
  21. Dabura
  22. Super Buu
  23. Hercule
  24. Gotenks
Pretty Good hopeful list I think
Sticking with just Z

LOL at Pikkon

TreIII

My thoughts on a realistic* roster with ASW at the helm:

1: Goku
2: Vegeta
3: Gohan
4: Frieza
5: Cell
6: Majin Buu
7: Piccolo
8: Krillin
9: Future Trunks
10: Android 17
11: Android 18
12: Android 16
13: Captain Ginyu
14: Caulifla
15: Hit
16: Broly/Kale
17: Goku Black
18: Zamasu
19: Beerus

*You may replace most of the DB Super characters with "clone" characters like SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, Kid Buu, Adult Gohan and ect...

The thing about Cauliflower and Kale is that they're both a) too new and b) the saga they're introduced in hasn't even really gotten fully under way, yet. At most, as far as Super content goes, I don't see them going past Goku Black for Base Roster.

dlauv

I want Super Buu or Kid Buu. I think Kid Buu has more potential for an interesting move-set, but I hate small characters.

Deffo Ult Gohan

Caulifla

USSJ Trunks
>=]
for speed for power

Majin Vegeta for energy staples and self-destruct gimmicks

Broly because it will shut fans up

SSJB Goku for SSJB + Kaio Ken aura and install

Beerus for his voice

Hit so Arc Sys can make returns on Johnny's development

If there's time:

Burter for his amazing speed.

Zarbon for a heavy armor install.

Pikkon was cool
even if he's not cannon
Beating Cell/Frieza single handily was pretty cool at the time.

Replace with Gogeta or something lol

I mean, I think you're expecting too many characters regardless (I doubt we'll get more than 20). I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get either Super Buu and Kid Buu, or if we do we only get one.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The thing about Cauliflower and Kale is that they're both a) too new and b) the saga they're introduced in hasn't even really gotten fully under way, yet. At most, as far as Super content goes, I don't see them going past Goku Black for Base Roster.

Considering how they appear to be well received both in Japan and the States I doubt those two facts will be an issue.

Top Bottom