• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon ZD: The Frozen Wilds - Landscapes- japanese trailer

vivekTO

Trailer link
Japanese version is unavailable right now.

ODwZpwe.jpg

V444xQM.png

Some new environment shots are included!!

4xnyRgg.gif

YH2aalD.gif

Lakuza

Won't watch the trailer but the screenshots look nice. Don't want to spoil too much from it since i'm expecting it to be short.

Freeman76

The visuals and artwork in this game are second to none. I just wish I found the actual game engaging instead of feeling like ive seen it all before. Will give it another go sometime in the future, when the complete editon is 20 or less, I'm a sucker for snow environments.

wouwie

I'm surprised at how much i'm looking forward to this. I rarely buy DLC but i'll gladly make an exception for this depending on how big it is. Horizon is one of the few open world games i really enjoyed playing (the other one being Read Dead Redemption).

vivekTO

Where have they confirmed this? Missed that completely
Citation needed.

Back in June, we announced an expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn called The Frozen Wilds. Set in icy territories to the north, this new chapter of Aloy's journey adds a new area to explore, new mysteries to uncover and new, highly lethal machines to take on. Today, we're happy to share that the release date for Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds is 7th November, 2017.
Link

If you guys talking about exact timeline than there is not much of detail out there.it might be that you can complete this expansion before final mission.

Complistic

Eh, I'd be surprised if it's really post game. Though they might just leave it ambiguous so you can assume whatever you like.

KORNdoggy

i was hoping this would get a stand alone physical release, i rarely ever buy DLC and i can't imagine this will be an exception, sadly.

MikeBison

It's been about the right amount of time since playing the base game. Will be ready to jump back in for the release of this.

Hope for something like 2-3hrs of story content then extra challenge areas and side stuff to do..

I would be extremely disappointed if that was the case considering it's 20€ base price.

I'm not expecting something as massive as Witcher 3 expansions though.

Can't wait to go back to this game, so far it's my goty.

Eh, I'd be surprised if it's really post game. Though they might just leave it ambiguous so you can assume whatever you like.

I don't see any reason it couldn't take place post-game.
We know Sylens has Hades and will likely be a large part of the sequel but there's nothing to suggest that's an immediate danger so the DLC could take place between HZD and the inevitable sequel quite concievably.

Tovarisc

If you guys talking about exact timeline than there is not much of detail out there.it might be that you can complete this expansion before final mission.

It would make very little sense to have this story in middle of HZD main story when looking at timeline, at least to me this would be senseless side trip for her to do. It makes perfect sense for this to take place after events of HZD main game are over. While ending and last few cutscenes to main story are powerful and well done it doesn't close the book on Aloy so future adventures with her make a lot sense.

Hope for something like 2-3hrs of story content then extra challenge areas and side stuff to do..

Maybe CDPR really spoiled me with TW3 expansion content, but I'm expecting more than 3 hours of story and few collectibles at ~20€ price.

One thing I've been wondering: where in the game will this be playable? After the main quest? During the game? I wish we knew just for my curiosity.

Rmagnus

Banned
I am glad I didn't get the original version. Held off buying bloodborne as well until old hunters and it is still the best game I ever played on par. Can't wait to see what is all the fuss about for horizon

I know I might get roasted for this, but I really think GG could have done wonders with a multi-player mode for this game...

The actual combat and gameplay mechanics are so satisfying. With all the weapons and the ability to use stealth, hack and use the wildlife to your advantage, could have allowed them to come up with some very very unique and compelling multi-player game-modes.

Also, with the various tribes and setting, they could even nicely frame the MP mode within the game's narrative, by setting it in a time when all the tribes are at war. Each player would then play a random tribes-person (with customization for your outfit and look).

Now that they've got the engine and production pipeline down after the first game, maybe its something they'll explore in a sequel. The MP mode will definitely let them get in on the whole GaaS craze.

Tovarisc

One thing I've been wondering: where in the game will this be playable? After the main quest? During the game? I wish we knew just for my curiosity.

Most logical place is after story of main game has ended.

Tagged as has spoilers about ending of HZD.

Aloy has ended her personal quest of learning about herself and who she is, even got to visit her real... home and meet herself. So to speak. Also just because Sylens has Hades or what remains of it doesn't mean they come up with some nutty world domination plans instantly so Aloy has time to explore world and stumble upon new mysteries. Like here.

Top Bottom