• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Why doesn't Amazon have release day shipping for this? ._.

I know that for big releases (such as COD and FF and the like), most stores will get the game early (about a week) so they guarantee that they will have it for release date. For smaller games, such as BB, the stores will get the game ON the release date (or sometimes even a day after, which is what I'm assuming Amazon is doing since it says that I will get the game 2 days after the release date).

Now, WHY the smaller games won't ship it early to stock? I have no idea.

Fugu

This makes me sad. I really want to get this ASAP. :(

Any tips for re-learning Litchi? I hardly even had the chance to get comfortable with her in CS2, and now CSE is almost here.
Her combos are easier now but more numerous. Could you do the CS2 ones?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Her combos are easier now but more numerous. Could you do the CS2 ones?

Nah, but I admittedly didn't try very hard. I didn't get to delve into CS2 as much as I would have hoped. Post patch I didn't really get a chance to sit down with the character much. I'm pretty much going straight from CS1 into CSE.

Fugu

Nah, but I admittedly didn't try very hard. I didn't get to delve into CS2 as much as I would have hoped. Post patch I didn't really get a chance to sit down with the character much. I'm pretty much going straight from CS1 into CSE.
If you can do her CS1 stuff then the CSE stuff should be no problem.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This game needs more love. I never understood why this game doesn't get a good rep and people play the insanity that is MvC.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This game needs more love. I never understood why this game doesn't get a good rep and people play the insanity that is MvC.

The entrance barrier for marvel is about as close to zero as you can get in fighting games

I'm so excited for this game. I havn't played since CT and I get to toy around with all these new characters? I'm really excited to play with Tsubaki and Relius. Been watching Tsubaki vids for the last hour and she looks like sooooo much fun. Tager will always be number 1 in my heart, but variety is the spice of life, right?

I'm gonna dig so hard into this Tuesday night

-Smaller marketing budget

Bingo! I showed some of my friends this game, and they also bitched about the small roster from CT.

dwix

Are the tutorial and training modes good in this game? Having never played the BlazBlue series, I believe I'm going to need some coaching!

Ken

MvC was a lot easier to get into than Blazblue for me. Maybe I'll try BB again with this iteration though.

Alright, thanks, that's good to know! I'll check Dustloop for some bnbs.

This is the only game (aside from MVC3, for obvious reasons) where I found creating combos to be fun and more practical. I recommend trying your own stuff before going into a forum like dustloop. Those are good places to pick up tips and share/critique things.

Noel has a new VA? WTF?

;_; I hope this is because they couldn't get Cristina for it but will get her back for BB3

Laura Bailey just recorded new lines for Noel because Christina Vee was unavailable to do it. A couple of characters have new lines recorded by different VA's so don't be surprised if you hear something slightly different than what you're used to. And as far as I know it's just stand-in work so things should be normal for the next major game.

Fugu

Crap. Where would you suggest I go for her new bnbs? Maybe I should search Youtube?

There's a good video, I'll find it. In the meantime, start with these...

Corner: 5B[m] 2C[m] 6D(2) TK Hatsu Haku Chun Haku Hatsu Ippatsu A Riichi A Tanki Hatsu 5D (hold slightly) Chuun 6D(2) 5B 6C(1) 4Kote j.B dj.BCD falling j.C 6A

Midscreen (staffless): 5B 6B 5C 2C 6C(1) 4kote 6B 5C j.B dj.BC hatsu chuun

Midscreen: Itsuu B 6C(1) Hatsu Ippatsu A Riichi A 6A 5D Hatsu Chuun 6D 5B 6C(1) 4Kote j.B dj.BCD falling j.C 6A

Esura

Banned
Laura Bailey just recorded new lines for Noel because Christina Vee was unavailable to do it. A couple of characters have new lines recorded by different VA's so don't be surprised if you hear something slightly different than what you're used to. And as far as I know it's just stand-in work so things should be normal for the next major game.

Oh.....I don't mind Laura Bailey replacing Christina even though the latter is good too. I thought it was going to be some no name voice actress replacing her. Bailey is just on a whole 'nother level that Christina haven't hit yet. Hell, let Laura Bailey voice Noel from now on, I don't mind.

alstein

Noel has a new VA? WTF?

;_; I hope this is because they couldn't get Cristina for it but will get her back for BB3

Maybe this is due to Skullgirls. Fighting games are tough on VAs.

I want to get this, I just don't know if I have time with KOF and SC.

Oh.....I don't mind Laura Bailey replacing Christina even though the latter is good too. I thought it was going to be some no name voice actress replacing her. Bailey is just on a whole 'nother level that Christina haven't hit yet. Hell, let Laura Bailey voice Noel from now on, I don't mind.

Keep in mind that Laura Bailey and everybody else who stood in were for lines in CS2. I have no clue if she's in Extend or not. We'll see Tuesday.

And Laura Bailey has had years to perfect what she does. Christina Vee will be there in a couple of years I think.

Maybe this is due to Skullgirls. Fighting games are tough on VAs.

It would have more to do with that she's the Voice Director for Skullgirls on top of doing Cerebella.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Uhh... I disagree. I'd rather Cristina do it than Laura.

Lothars

I prefer MvC in every way but blazblue gets ignored because of the characters are unknown and even though they have great online and training modes and it's just not marketed much. The thing that surprises me is why doesn't aksys get criticized for making new versions every 2 years or so? Which doesn't bother me at all but seems to be brought up in every other fighting game thread.
Edit: I am going to be ordering this as well just not sure what version.

Tobe

As hype as i am to finally get to play as cute little plat, i have no clue if the has lobbies or replay or even spectator. If so, is soneobe gobna create gt to round up the players?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There's a good video, I'll find it. In the meantime, start with these...

Corner: 5B[m] 2C[m] 6D(2) TK Hatsu Haku Chun Haku Hatsu Ippatsu A Riichi A Tanki Hatsu 5D (hold slightly) Chuun 6D(2) 5B 6C(1) 4Kote j.B dj.BCD falling j.C 6A

Midscreen (staffless): 5B 6B 5C 2C 6C(1) 4kote 6B 5C j.B dj.BC hatsu chuun

Midscreen: Itsuu B 6C(1) Hatsu Ippatsu A Riichi A 6A 5D Hatsu Chuun 6D 5B 6C(1) 4Kote j.B dj.BCD falling j.C 6A

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'm printing these out to practice once I have the game.

Esura

Banned
Keep in mind that Laura Bailey and everybody else who stood in were for lines in CS2. I have no clue if she's in Extend or not. We'll see Tuesday.

And Laura Bailey has had years to perfect what she does. Christina Vee will be there in a couple of years I think.

I'm now excited. Laura Bailey's voice is like....so awesome. I can't describe it. Awesome.

Uhh... I disagree. I'd rather Cristina do it than Laura.

Imagine Laura Bailey saying, "Hands off the panda!" :D

I....I'm torn. I like Cristina....but I like Laura too. :(

Busaiku

Wait so the VAs are mixed?
Like at one point it's Cristina Vee and then at another it's Laura Bailey?

Dang that sounds horrible.

I don't think anyone else mentioned it, but MvC isn't the reason people don't play BB. People have been not playing BB before MvC was even announced.

I prefer MvC in every way but blazblue gets ignored because of the characters are unknown and even though they have great online and training modes and it's just not marketed much. The thing that surprises me is why doesn't aksys get criticized for making new versions every 2 years or so? Which doesn't bother me at all but seems to be brought up in every other fighting game thread.

Edit: I am going to be ordering this as well just not sure what version.
CT-06/30/09-launch @ full price, LE was also $60
CS-07/27/10-Nearly thirteen months later @ budget price
CSII-05/10/11-Free update about nine months later for everyone. Switch back and forth fine.
Extend-02/14/12-About nine months after CSII and eighteen months after CS which was the last disc release. This is also @ budget price. Even LE is budget haha.

The schedule seems more or less like Street Fighter IV's history which I don't have a problem with(unlike Mahvel's super accelerated release schedules). I'm not fond of the fact that we are only getting one character. I really think that is BS, but this is one of the few games that has good online, beefy single player, a good mission mode, replays, a great fighting system and a load of characters that I want to play. Other fighters right now are usually missing some key components like these, have boring characters or have horrible single player that is not even worth mentioning so this gets top priority since it checks all of the boxes.
As hype as i am to finally get to play as cute little plat, i have no clue if the has lobbies or replay or even spectator. If so, is soneobe gobna create gt to round up the players?
wat

Have you ever played BB? More or less everything that SSFIV got was already in CT from the start, especially spectator mode :lol.
Nice, now lets try to get Fighting game gaf to buy this great game.
You should have mentioned it sooner. I might have picked it up for the 360 instead...

Tobe

I played a bit of CT, since i knew no one who played i stopped then i became an online monster and gaf so i waited out for extend. Solar deep inside of me is a anime fighting game lover from AH to Aquapazza. Tho im more hype for the persona game.

I know you want to double dip, DO IT.

Wait so the VAs are mixed?
Like at one point it's Cristina Vee and then at another it's Laura Bailey?

Dang that sounds horrible.

No. There are additional scenes that weren't in CS1 that are in CS2/Extend and they needed voice work is all. There aren't that many to mention anyway so you won't even know the difference in some cases unless you're really paying attention to it anyway.

alstein

I don't think anyone else mentioned it, but MvC isn't the reason people don't play BB. People have been not playing BB before MvC was even announced.

It's a standin for Capcom and folks who are Capcom fans but not FG fans outside of Capcom games.

You hear it more these days due to Capcom hating becoming trendy now. I wonder how many of the sponsored players would be playing Capcom games if they weren't making money doing so?

One name I suspect who wouldn't be for sure: Arturo.

StayDead

I'm going to need to pick this up. Loved CSII and Calamity Trigger (had a massive gap between the first and CSII play wise). Just don't have the money yet.

Looking forward to beating up my mates Ragna with my Platinum again. <3

Is there going to be some sort of gamertag/SEN list for matchmaking? It might be a good idea to build one before this game drops.
I played a bit of CT, since i knew no one who played i stopped then i became an online monster and gaf so i waited out for extend. Solar deep inside of me is a anime fighting game lover from AH to Aquapazza. Tho im more hype for the persona game.

I know you want to double dip, DO IT.
I'll probably end up double dipping, but it probably won't be at launch. If I were to buy any other fighter besides Skullgirls and Extend PS3 it would be SCV which I really want.

cj_iwakura

No. There are additional scenes that weren't in CS1 that are in CS2/Extend and they needed voice work is all. There aren't that many to mention anyway so you won't even know the difference in some cases unless you're really paying attention to it anyway.

Actually, there is mixed VA. Hazama's new VA has lines against Relius when fighting him, and you can tell it's someone different compared to his normal dialogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjwjiHoSKps
(Relius VS Hazama, dubbed)

The fighting game that I hate and love. CS got me super bored and then some, but I did like the changes to the Burst Meter....Will get this sometime next month, SCV got me right now. And going to get Phantom Break first. I'll keep an eye out on this thread, to see how people like the changes and all.

dwix

I apologize that my only contributions to this thread so far are questions, but is there a bigger following for BB on PS3 or 360? Still trying to decide which platform to get it on.

Top Bottom