• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
19883968_10213853635953812_2927802988511031697_n.jpg

Previous PoliGAF Threads:

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair
PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house
PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why
PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.
PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love
Poligaf 2017 |OT| It Almost Isn't Fair

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented
PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black
PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!
PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country
PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic
PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting
PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll Reply to Thread
PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!
PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.
PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour
PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts
PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam
PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN
PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida
PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated
PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Jeb is a mistake. Jeb is a huge mess

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops RIP
PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print
PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World/You are already Kay Hagan
PoliGAF 2014 |OT| Kay Hagan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad News

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout
PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1
PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PoliGaf 2012 |OT6| OBAMA
United States Election: Nov 6, 2012 |OT| - Barack Obama Re-elected
PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi
PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.
PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down
PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control
US PoliGAF 2012 | The Romney VeepStakes: Waiting for Chris Christie to Sing...
PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

PoliGAF 2011: Forum member gridlock causes inaction on thread title naming crisis
PoliGAF 2011: Of Weiners, Boehners, Santorum, and Teabags
PoliGAF 2011: The 112th U.S. Congress is now in session: Want some graphs with that?

Poligaf episode 2010: The Empire Strikes Back
PoliGAF 2010: On our way to November 2
PoliGAF 2010: Home Of "By The Time I Get To Arizona"

PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA Checkin' Off His List
PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA's First 100 Out of the Way

pigeon

Banned
Pretty good title although I was thinking of proposing

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| We are literally all in danger of being murdered by Nazis

Vimes

Listening to yesterday's Pod Save America and I'm fucking mad as hell about Arpaio.

Impeachment proceedings should have started already.

Mueller is working

giphy.gif

Yup.

Special counsel subpoenas Manafort's former attorney and spokesman

CNN said:
Washington (CNN)Special Counsel Robert Mueller has issued subpoenas to a former lawyer for Paul Manafort and to Manafort's current spokesman, an aggressive tactic that suggests an effort to add pressure on the former Trump campaign chairman.

The subpoenas seeking documents and testimony were sent to Melissa Laurenza, an attorney with the Akin Gump law firm who until recently represented Manafort, and to Jason Maloni, who is Manafort's spokesman, according to people familiar with the matter.
Manafort is under investigation for possible tax and financial crimes, according to US officials briefed on the investigation. The allegations under investigation largely center on Manafort's work for the former ruling party in Ukraine, which was ousted amid street protests over its pro-Russian policies.

Ajit Pai doesn't give a shit about your comments. They are getting rolled back.

Pai is what everyone feared Wheeler would be.

Also: /S4P/ circlejerking about a poll that shows Sanders is more popular among minorities than Clinton and talking about how the DNC needs to apologize and move forward... while they continue to dwell on 2016.

Teggy

my god these people are just terrible. All they were doing was collecting data! Paperwork reduction act my ass.

NWLC‏Verified account
@nwlc
Follow
More
BREAKING: Trump administration halts a critical equal pay initiative, blocking EEO1 pay data collection effort started under Obama.

Teggy

Laura Jarrett‏Verified account
@LauraAJarrett
Follow
More
CNN's confirms that the GSA's inspector general is evaluating the agency's management/administration of the lease for Trump's hotel in DC
5:18 PM - 29 Aug 2017

oppomoluments

UPDATE: Trump's companies have pimped the following properties and services on Twitter during Hurricane Harvey. Note, all of these come through trumps_feed, so he at least has to scroll through them:

1. Trump Tower, Punta del Este in Uruguay
2. Trump golf course in Los Angeles
3. Trump Banquet services in Miami
4 "Getting to know the groundskeepers" video on Trump's golf courses
5. 9th annual Wine and Beer festival on Trump property in Los Angeles.
6. Helpful reminder that there's still time to hit the Trump golf courses on Labor Day.
7. Trump SoHo in Manhattan, New York City.
8. 1st Annual Golf Fashion Weekend at Trump Doral.

teiresias

Is this for federal employees or everywhere??

No idea, but the federal workforce (not contractors) has a very rigid and standardized pay scale that applies to everyone (excluding some agencies that have their own special scales) so there's not the same issues of salary negotiation as in the private sector. Within-grade step pay increases are also standardized, so the only real issue i can think of is potential systemic issues in promotions and hiring in the workforce.

teiresias

I'm seriously seeing tons of parallels to the modern USA in the Earth Gov plot during my Babylon 5 rewatch. It seemed so far fetched back when I first watched it.

I don't see how what Mattis did isn't in line with the directive. He was always ordered to review what should happen with those currently serving, and he's not defying the order to stop admitting new transgendered recruits.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
We already went through the last thread, yet here I stand with no new tag. It appears the mods of Poligaf honor their contracts about as well as our president does. :mad:

ascii42

No idea, but the federal workforce (not contractors) has a very rigid and standardized pay scale that applies to everyone (excluding some agencies that have their own special scales) so there's not the same issues of salary negotiation as in the private sector. Within-grade step pay increases are also standardized, so the only real issue i can think of is potential systemic issues in promotions and hiring in the workforce.

I work in software for the DoD. We've recently gone to a performance based system. There isn't any negotiation, but I could still see them evaluating the system for biases in ratings or something. What I expect, though, is that we'll go back to the standardized pay scale soon enough. It's happened before.

Diablos

I'm not sure Trump has the balls to fire him.
Trump just pardoned a man who called his prisons concentration camps while a hurricane was heading for Texas

He doesn't give a damn. Mattis probably just lost a lot of Trump's respect. If he doesn't get fired now it's only a matter of time

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Btw. Being that I have a lot of free time on my hands now on account of not having to deal with school no more, I wanted to become a bit more well read. The problem, unfortunately, is that I'm exceptionally lazy and won't be able to do so without some motivation.

So I was wondering if any of y'all would be interested in having some kind of Poligaf book club, where we read and discuss various books on politics/history/economics?

pigeon

Banned
Btw. Being that I have a lot of free time on my hands now on account of not having to deal with school no more, I wanted to become a bit more well read. The problem, unfortunately, is that I'm exceptionally lazy and won't be able to do so without some motivation.

So I was wondering if any of y'all would be interested in having some kind of Poligaf book club, where we read and discuss various books on politics/history/economics?

This would be rad, but I want the first book to be Neustadt's Presidential Power.

Sounds interesting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'm in.

I'm in, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom