• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stubbs the Zombie 2 in the future

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Not sure how many people are interested in hearing about Stubbs the Zombie 2, but Xbox Evolved interview Wideload Games regarding Hail to the Chimp and the question was brought up of course.

XE: Just one last question—Stubbs the Zombie was a great start for you guys, I personally loved it—when can we expect to see Stubbs 2?

Matt:I’m glad to hear that – Stubbs is near and dear to all of us, and we’ve heard from lots of people who would like to see more of him. I can’t say anything specific right now, but it’s safe to say he’ll be back. They say you can’t keep a good man down, and that goes double for the ones with an insatiable hunger for brains.

Also, Xbox Evolved asked the question about Cyclomite on the XBLA.

XE: Any plans to bring Cyclomite to XBLA? What can you tell us about it?

Matt: The beauty of the Shorts games is that they’re small enough to be deployed on multiple platforms in a reasonable amount of time. Wideload Shorts team is open to exploring any platform that makes sense, so it’s entirely possible that Cyclomite will end up in more than one place. We’ll have more to say about it in the very near future.

Full interview is here Hail to the Chimp Interview.

I, for one, would love to see a sequel to Stubbs the Zombie with co-op online support. Anyone else interested?

Ecto311

I never got to play the first one but I really like the idea and zombie shit is always good. Ill look for the first one soon and give it a shot, i actually forgot about it.

newsguy

Caspel said:
Not sure how many people are interested in hearing about Stubbs the Zombie 2

I can tell you; not many. When I created my LTTP Stubbs thread it was met with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Decado

Stubbs was a great idea, but the game wound up being really shallow. Would be interested in a sequel if the game had a lot more depth (and was tougher).

Sure a hell of a lot more interesting than Hail to the Chimp :|

Falagard

The story may have been shallow, but the gameplay wasn't.

Vehicular combat, possession, head bowling, hordes of zombies on your side, tons of weapons, rip an enemies arm off and beat him with it, co-op. It was a great game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wait, what?

hail to the chimp?

cyclomite?

can someone clue me in a bit? nm, reading the interview is helping :p

as far as stubbs go, i'm certainly very interested. i always thought the first looked like loads of fun, but it came out at a bad time and i never checked it out. i would definitely purchase it if it was downloadable on live though. is it even backwards compatable?

anywho, stubbs 2 would certainly get my attention

As long as they make it open world I'm down. Away with the halo level design. I hated the all the backtracking. Everytime you'd get a nice sized zombie army on your side you had to zone to a new area and they couldn't follow you anymore. I want to feel like a zombie lord damn it!

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
It was interesting, just not as awesome as I expected it to be. Halo engine was probably the cause of that (It seemed to really limit the amount of people on screen).

A new game would be welcome by me.

pje122

I feel bad for you that skipped this one. This game was such a joy to play.

Not to mention arguably the best licensed soundtrack for a game EVER. I have the soundtrack and yeah, it rocks so hard.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Yeah, the soundtrack was a part of the reason why I fell in love with the game the first time around. Plus, it was so damn humorous. I hope Wideload Games continues with the franchise as they are alluding to.

Top Bottom