• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Durango specs: x64 8-core CPU @1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM, 50GB 6x BD...

Shikoro

Thanks to Musiol from the other thread.

As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.

The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.

How are durango components connected?

Here you can see the Durango system block diagram:

Durango Arquitecture

Let’s check what’s inside the box:

CPU:

- x64 Architecture

- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)

- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache

- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache

- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources

- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:

- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor

- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads

- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle

- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second

High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Storage and Memory:

- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)

- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)

- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.

- Hard drive is always present

- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

Networking:

- Gigabit Ethernet

- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct

Hardware Accelerators:

- Move engines

- Image, video, and audio codecs

- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware

- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing

Takuya

Banned
Source: http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-durango-unveiled/
durango_arq1.jpg

From that site as well.

There is no link to the article, and it would probably nicer if you only make a summary instead of copy/paste.

Edit: Ok second post has a link...

Takuya

Banned
Does that just mean it's in all SKUs or what?

Yup... But the specifics need to be unveiled. In other words, are we talking about hard drives, or solid state drives, or flash memory? For all we know it could be a small amount of storage for one SKU and a hefty amount for another SKU.

I don't understand any of that techy-stuff... but isn't 1.6 GHz clock speed for their CPU pretty weak?
Clock speed isn't everything. So, no it isn't weak.

jaypah

And the pic:

beateeeeeen.

And so I am trying again: Why does it need an HDMI in?

I tried to reply in the other thread but we had already moved here. I'll repost.

:
Damn, I knew I was confused ... xD Then let me add: HDMI in?

so you can have access to your cable box with an overlay ingame. Though I wonder if you could hook a PS4 to it instead, lol. Talk about inception.

HDMI in is probably if it can record programmes, and possibly just to allow devices to stack with one another e.g. connect together and only use one HDMI port.

I'll let the experts explain what the new info means.

Is the Data Move Engine the magic secret thing?

Also could somebody elaborate on the combined peak bandwidth thing - it looks like they just added together the DDR3 and ESRAM bandwidth figures - is that how it works in practice?

JimiNutz

Banned
This means nothing to me, can someone translate.

Any glaring weaknesses/flaws or does it look suitably beefy?
How does it compare to the 360?

Good to see:
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

Someone break down this stuff for us please:
Hardware Accelerators:
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing

JaggedSac

The parallel thing is interesting, GPU can read from both the esram and main ram at the same time, Move component is probably managing this.

High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Doesn't make sense, due to there being a Kinect in port, which one would assume someone could plug and unplug a Kinect.

Jadedx

Banned
3.5 gb of ram @ 192ghz or 6.5-7gb of ram @ 170ghz. Which is better?

Will ask in other thread too.

Also, what data will the blitter be transferring?

Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware

So this probably means Kinect will be included too.

So how does this new RAM bandwidth compare to the purported Orbis specs?

For the data in the ESRAM, the Xbox seems capable of achieving 102GB/s and simultanously 68GB/s from DDR3. But those 102 GB/s are imo still only for the 32 MB, and that 8 GB RAM only has 68GB/s bandwidth. Imo this isn't nearly as good as the rumored PS4 solution.

nib95

Banned
So the combined 170 GB/s bandwidth is essentially Esram and DDR bandwidth combined? I.e, limited to use of the 32mb of Esram?

jaypah

The parallel thing is interesting, GPU can read from both the esram and main ram at the same time, Move component is probably managing this.

Doesn't make sense, due to there being a Kinect in port, which one would assume someone could plug and unplug a Kinect.

I think it's both, the NUI is always running because they assume you'll always have a Kinect plugged in. Shit might be standard. Also I too am curious about that bandwidth setup.

Top Bottom