• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Tangeroo

in Open Tee you could find hidden stuff on the course. Is that present in this one too? Also is there any way to get/unlock a new caddie. I hate this bitch.

Purchasing a course unlocks its corresponding caddie. As far as I can tell, there are no hidden items on the courses (although you can poke critters if you want).

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
God this game is soooooooooooooo good, worth the price of the system alone.

I've not been playing long but one thing I miss from HSG:OOB is the graph above the power meter showing the lie of the land, here's an example,

As some of you are probably already aware it's sometimes hard to judge if your even above or below the pin, yet alone how far, I know you have the yard indicator that tells how far/below the pin you are but it's a shame they took the graph out unless I'm missing something?

Anyway small quibble I suppose, amazing game so far, I love the character customization on this version, although sometimes it feels a little wrong lol

TheExodu5

Banned
God this game is soooooooooooooo good, worth the price of the system alone.

I've not been playing long but one thing I miss from HSG:OOB is the graph above the power meter showing the lie of the land, here's an example,

As some of you are probably already aware it's sometimes hard to judge if your even above or below the pin, yet alone how far, I know you have the yard indicator that tells how far/below the pin you are but it's a shame they took the graph out unless I'm missing something?

Anyway small quibble I suppose, amazing game so far, I love the character customization on this version, although sometimes it feels a little wrong lol

See that flag icon with the -20.2y? That means the flag is 20.2y below you.

edit: oh wait, you know that. I don't know what else more you need. I'm not really missing the graph all that much, myself.

This game made me realize how much I missed HSG. It felt like a familiar friend, birdied my first four holes and finished the first two challenges with 100% fairway and greens hits. It is like god damn crack having this game in the palm of your hands.

Add me to the list!
PSN: Gutterboy44

bender

What time is it?
I really miss the terrain indicator line as well, especially in the putting game. I'm sure I'll adjust but it is odd that they decided to remove it.

therapist

Anyone want to do a tourney tonight?

Gonna play some UNIT13 demo first but add me - JovialCharacter - im at work but can prolly do a 9'er.

Cheers

My current tourney rank for the dailies is 16th or something , but i did so shitty on the ones today im sure to drop.

People keep calling for me to fix their problems , IM TRYING TO PLAY GOLF YOU ASSHOLES!

lol

EDIT : I found something odd about my vita on this pc im on...it wont charge when i plug it in, IF its ON.
If i turn it off then plug it in , it charges , anyone have anything similar when connected to their pcs?

EDIT : I found something odd about my vita on this pc im on...it wont charge when i plug it in, IF its ON.
If i turn it off then plug it in , it charges , anyone have anything similar when connected to their pcs?

As long as you have USB charge enabled in the Vita's options it will charge from a PC even when turned on, there just won't be any visual notification and it will go rather slow.

On another note, I finally bought HSG as my first Vita game and don't regret it at all, it's harder than Pangya and Mario Golf though just as fun if not more. After a bit of training I guess I should try a tournament will all of you :)

Bullza2o

Hey everyone, I'm new to Hot Shots Golf and to PSN/SEN.

ID: BladeofAura

It would be awesome if I could play with GAF. Oh and I have 0 friends, so please add me to become my first PSN friends!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hey everyone, I'm new to Hot Shots Golf and to PSN/SEN.

ID: BladeofAura

It would be awesome if I could play with GAF. Oh and I have 0 friends, so please add me to become my first PSN friends!

I'll shoot you an add...But the ONLY thing I could think of was:

YouHave0Friends.png

lowrider007

It's been a while since I played HSG:OOB but I don't remember the pink hit area being so small when teeing off with a W1? it's like a pixel in width, is that do with my character/setup or something?

I just bought the game and put the card in to get the icon on the home screen. I then immediately redeemed the online pass, which didn't download anything but does have the little red bag in the store showing it's been "purchased". I updated to the 1.03 version and I do appear to be able to get to the online lobbies (I didn't try to get into any matches though). Am I good to go?

I only ask because I also picked up Wipeout, which actually downloaded something for the online pass.

Thanks guys.

lowrider007

they gimped the W1. it will always have that small impact width.

Ummmm, not sure how I feel about that tbh, doesn't make sense gimping a tee shot, I can understand gimping the w1 off the fairway but off the tee?, it should be an easy hit.

Have many people moaned about that or not a big deal?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright thanks, but I don't understand the meaning befind the picture.

What's the maximum amount of friends I can have on PSN?

I don't do it much, but it was the perfect opportunity for a South Park reference.

Also, I do not know...I have a LOT on my list ever since the Vita though. :)

therapist

As long as you have USB charge enabled in the Vita's options it will charge from a PC even when turned on, there just won't be any visual notification and it will go rather slow.

On another note, I finally bought HSG as my first Vita game and don't regret it at all, it's harder than Pangya and Mario Golf though just as fun if not more. After a bit of training I guess I should try a tournament will all of you :)

Derp.

Thanks!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought the game and put the card in to get the icon on the home screen. I then immediately redeemed the online pass, which didn't download anything but does have the little red bag in the store showing it's been "purchased". I updated to the 1.03 version and I do appear to be able to get to the online lobbies (I didn't try to get into any matches though). Am I good to go?

I only ask because I also picked up Wipeout, which actually downloaded something for the online pass.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, you're good to go. I managed to get both HSG and Wipeout too, and got the same things you did, in terms of the online passes. I've played 3 tourneys online so far. (Tanked the last one horribly though)

Bought this but haven't played it that much. I wanna get a little better before jumping online, but the launch lineup is too good to focus on just one game.

Just droppin by to ask how's the online? If it's solid, I'm def picking this up. Anything I should know as a complete noob? I haven't played a Golf game since Golf on the NES.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bought this but haven't played it that much. I wanna get a little better before jumping online, but the launch lineup is too good to focus on just one game.

Amen to that. What's more, I get the impression that regular play for some games is rewarded (Katamari and Hot Shots immediately come to mind).

Really dumb question, but does this game have an offline multiplayer mode?
On the fence about getting this, and being able to play with my significant other with out them having to buy a vita would be kind of nice.

Seems like this game would easily support a that type of multiplayer mode since you had to take turns in the PS3 version anyway. (Only other one I've played)

naib

Downloading now! Slowly..

I've got Minna no Golf 5 and Out of Bounds so this was a no brainer. Just this and Stardust for now.

Really dumb question, but does this game have an offline multiplayer mode?
On the fence about getting this, and being able to play with my significant other with out them having to buy a vita would be kind of nice.

Seems like this game would easily support a that type of multiplayer mode since you had to take turns in the PS3 version anyway. (Only other one I've played)
No, but there is an Ad-Hoc mode if you decide to pick up two Vitas.

- J - D -

Got my first crown in challenge mode.wasnt even aware of how I managed to do it until the end. No I have to go back and get crowns for the previous challenges.

Yep, that's basically all you need to know. The first matches are quite easy, so you don't need to know all the knitty gritty little details.

Top Bottom