• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Holy shit, I went straight into my copy of the game after I saw some of those mtches, just to see off I could do something similar with Arakune. Thats the stuff that makes me so hype about this game. Seeing something cool in this is a completely different feeling than in Street Fighter (or any other fighting game, really).

Shtkn when exactly did you commentate? Wanna know when my fellow gaffer is popping off!

Edit: That Rachel player is doing some great stuff too. Holy hell
That uniqueness seems to be the exact thing that puts people off. I love it personally. No character plays like another and all of them are completely new. People may not like it because it's too anime or Guilty Gear, but I love fresh new content and characters every once in a while too.

I still can't wait for GGAC+ though. :p
BB Revo was exciting as hell to watch but I just can't believe how few the viewers are compared to even a daily thing like Cross Assault.
BlazBlue just isn't popular in the US. It was still an amazing stream though. It felt like a WNF/Major for MvC3 or Street Fighter. This is the kind of treatment that all fighting games deserve imo(especially BlazBlue).

well, just look for the commentator who's name would sound kinda like shtkn. i did commentate the grand finals tho, so you can go from there.

lol It was so obvious once I paid attention. I'm such an idiot sometimes

That uniqueness seems to be the exact thing that puts people off. I love it personally. No character plays like another and all of them are completely new. People may not like it because it's too anime or Guilty Gear, but I love fresh new content and characters every once in a while too.

I still can't wait for GGAC+ though. :p

Agreed with everything in this post, especially the last line. Millia Rage and Potemkin need me as much as I need them!
and that AMAZING bass line in the menus better be back!

cj_iwakura

Even(if not especially) when BB gets stream love on major fighting game streams, the chat monsters only bitch about it being too 'anime'.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Second piece of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND DLC is up on VITA & PS3 PSN! :)

Rachel Alucard announcer/system voice DLC!

2YmT7.png

Volcynika

Oh yeah, game froze last night when I was with Platinum_milk and dementia, right after milk won with Platinum. Where she just sat on her little horsey and the annoying music played. IT NEVER STOPPED.

Second piece of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND DLC is up on VITA & PS3 PSN! :)

2YmT7.png

Oh my god. Was gonna go to bed, but I have to check the Xbox live market place for some Rachel love (until Makoto makes her way to the marketplace).

Oh yeah, game froze last night when I was with Platinum_milk and dementia, right after milk won with Platinum. Where she just sat on her little horsey and the annoying music played. IT NEVER STOPPED.

That must be the worst.

Team Battle shows promise, imo. I'd love to play it with 4+ people some time.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just got it for 360. Goddamn this game is stuffed with content. I'm already 3 or so hours into the story mode and still just doing the Calamity Trigger catchup stuff. With every character having individual plotlines after, is this mode gonna last longer than Mass Effect 3?

Also REALLY like the idea of Abyss mode...until I discovered you start from scratch every attempt? Can you really not save your progress and stat increases? Do I have to irritatingly quicksave after every match just to avoid starting completely over. A real missed opportunity as it would be an amazing persistent challenge.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Just got it for 360. Goddamn this game is stuffed with content. I'm already 3 or so hours into the story mode and still just doing the Calamity Trigger catchup stuff. With every character having individual plotlines after, is this mode gonna last longer than Mass Effect 3?

Also REALLY like the idea of Abyss mode...until I discovered you start from scratch every attempt? Can you really not save your progress and stat increases? Do I have to irritatingly quicksave after every match just to avoid starting completely over. A real missed opportunity as it would be an amazing persistent challenge.
The real fun is when you find out that the AI difficulty jumps from "free" to "asshole in unlimited mode" at level 400.

If you lose you have to start over, and I don't think quicksaving changes that. If you win, there's no reason to quick save unless you're going to stop playing right then and there.

Volcynika

I saw a guide saying you could go back to the XMB if you were about to lose (PS3) for Abyss mode if you already did save and quit and you wouldn't lose progress from your last save.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
If you lose you have to start over, and I don't think quicksaving changes that. If you win, there's no reason to quick save unless you're going to stop playing right then and there.

...and there goes my interest in touching that mode again.

Seriously, how many 'survival' modes does this game have as is?

Yeah i got owned twice at depth 400, lost about 10k+ P$ then i tried again and lost same area. It's crazy :(

I saw a guide saying you could go back to the XMB if you were about to lose (PS3) for Abyss mode if you already did save and quit and you wouldn't lose progress from your last save.

I want to try this.

Anyone try the UnlimitedMars Mode? How far did you get? Only got to the 2nd guy.
What's the best way to farm P$?

remz

this crazy nu player smashing out one giant combo over and over wiped the floor with me. i ate 5000 dmg after i missed a tech. :(

i gotta get better.

this crazy nu player smashing out one giant combo over and over wiped the floor with me. i ate 5000 dmg after i missed a tech. :(

i gotta get better.
Wait, Nu? Like, unlimited Lambda? Unlimited characters are purposefully OP. I would t sweat it too much.

2YmT7.png

I don't understand this DLC. Are they really trying to charge you $5.99 for just the announcer (or system as they call it) voice. Oh wait it's actually an A and B type voices so there's 2!

Am I missing something here, or is this pretty much the biggest ripoff ever? I see they have a new one now and they expect you to pay an extra $5.99 for that one as well. Is anyone crazy enough to actually do it?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is this available as digital download on PSN?

Theonik

I don't understand this DLC. Are they really trying to charge you $5.99 for just the announcer (or system as they call it) voice. Oh wait it's actually an A and B type voices so there's 2!

Am I missing something here, or is this pretty much the biggest ripoff ever? I see they have a new one now and they expect you to pay an extra $5.99 for that one as well. Is anyone crazy enough to actually do it?
In the case of the Jin announcer I'd say it's money well spent. But that comes free on Extend anyway. I don't think there's many people that buy all of them anyway. Maybe a couple.
I'd hope for a bundle or something, not crazy enough about DLC; let alone cosmetic changes such as this

TheExodu5

Banned
So...Tsubaki a good choice as a newbie character? Seems pretty shoto-ish and easy to manage.

I always liked Rachel, but she's damned hard to play. Kind of annoyed that Sword Iris was changed from 22A to 214C, but not a big deal, I guess.

So...Tsubaki a good choice as a newbie character? Seems pretty shoto-ish and easy to manage.

I always liked Rachel, but she's damned hard to play. Kind of annoyed that Sword Iris was changed from 22A to 214C, but not a big deal, I guess.

Sword Iris' best change is that you can now use it in the air. Tsubaki's basics are super easy to pick up, so it's not a bad choice. The prob is that her advanced stuff is a bit trickier.

Sword Iris' best change is that you can now use it in the air.

as someone who plays Rachel simply for fun (and loves her), the ability to do the swords in the air is so great. I never win with her because my combos are so pedestrian, but the trolling against my friends is the best

Top Bottom