• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Qz2hA.jpg

Twitter: http://twitter.com/greenmangaming/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GreenManGaming (sometimes exclusive % off codes can be found here)

What is Green Man Gaming?
PC gaming digital distributor based in the UK (can order from anywhere, though).

Is it safe?
Yeah. If you're in the U.S., your credit card company might flag the transaction as suspicious because it's from the UK but just call them to confirm it's OK and tell them to allow future transactions from GMG to go through.

What's so special about GMG?
Insane pre-order prices. They've had these 20% codes that allow you to pre-order AAA games for $34. Even without the 20% off it's like $43, which is still the lowest price out there.

Also: 1) You can trade-in games for credit, 2) There's a nice referral program that helps both people, 3) You can get a little cash to write reviews.

Trade-in digital games?
Info here: http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2011/01/green-man-gaming-a-trading-introduction/

Referrals?
Info here: http://www.greenmangaming.com/recommendafriend/

Basically you give your referral link to a friend and he has to register to the site and spend $5 or more and you'll both get $5 credit after. This must be done in a single cookie session in your browser. Don't X out or close the tab in the middle of it.

Cash for writing reviews?
Info here: http://www.greenmangaming.com/payforreviews/

wilflare

thumbs up for this site :D
got my Deus Ex, Dead Island, Red Orchestra from them.

planning to get Hard Reset and Space Marine from them as well

Glass Rebel

Got Deus Ex pretty cheap and made some credit to get Renegade Ops too. Pretty good site but I don't know how Capsule (their download client) is as DX and RenOps are Steamworks.

Heavy said:
These prices are outrageous. I bought Deus Ex HR from them for 28 fuckin' dollars. Does anyone know if they charge your card immediately or wait until release day? Any other thoughts on GMG...
i want to know this too :<

Spookie

Bump because not only do they give good support I won one of their compos too. :D

Stabby McSter said:
i want to know this too :<

They charged straight away for my Deus Ex pre order.

Card Boy

Banned
I should get my user name changed to LovinGMG. (i kid)

Love this site, especially as an Aussie that gets screwed over on Steam. Props to Robert Clarke to putting Valves whole support department to shame.

LiK

Spookie said:
Bump because not only do they give good support I won one of their compos too. :D

They charged straight away for my Deus Ex pre order.
Ditto, DXHR was charged right away.

Glass Rebel

I gotta say though, the site is pretty barebones i.e. you can't make any wishlists and the search function isn't as fleshed out. Also not nearly enough big publishers support it, only SEGA, 1C, Ubi, Square Enix/Eidos, Warner Bros Games, Paradox and 2K so you probably won't be able to buy BF3, Skyrim or Space Marine on GMG.

Does anyone have a referral link they could send me? Do I need to sign up first? If someone does send me a PM so we can both get $5 :)

EDIT: Got one thanks all for responding

TimmiT

Got Deus Ex from them and used the credit I got to pre-order Renegade Ops. It's a great website and I will most likely continue using it.

Card Boy

Banned
Glass Rebel said:
I gotta say though, the site is pretty barebones i.e. you can't make any wishlists and the search function isn't as fleshed out. Also not nearly enough big publishers support it, only SEGA, 1C, Ubi, Square Enix/Eidos, Warner Bros Games, Paradox and 2K so you probably won't be able to buy BF3, Skyrim or Space Marine on GMG.
Wishlists should be up soon and is currently being coded.

Contracts for EA, Rockstar, Bethesda and Thq are being worked on.

Edit: and Activision

I'm bummed I missed out on the $5 off from signing up with a referral link. I just signed up regularly...too late now.

Now I'm wondering if I should get Batman now or wait for a sale later. Arkham Asylum felt like it was on sale a lot for sub $10 and it's also single-player only... so waiting several months wouldn't be a big deal. AC Revelations has multi-player though so that sounds like a good purchase for day one.

Spookie

Glass Rebel said:

I don't want anything else out of them though. I've got steam for all that. All they need is good prices, more publishers and a solid delivery system and I'm happy.

NZNova

I just bought Arkham City from them. Between the discount and my referral credit it came to like, $28USD. That's $32NZD at the moment - same game would have cost me $100 in the shops. Crazy. I just hope it works in this region, lol.

MRORANGE

Heavy said:
I'm bummed I missed out on the $5 off from signing up with a referral link. I just signed up regularly...too late now.

Now I'm wondering if I should get Batman now or wait for a sale later. Arkham Asylum was on sale a lot and it's also single-player only... so waiting several months wouldn't be a big deal. AC Revelations has multi-player though so that sounds like a good purchase for day one.

you can just make another account and get it that way. ask for a pm for a invite if you want.

Glass Rebel

Gez said:
Wishlists should be up soon and is currently being coded.

Contracts for EA, Rockstar, Bethesda and Thq are being worked on.

Edit: and Activision

That's good to hear! Shame I pretty much already purchased all games I'll play this year.

Spookie said:
I don't want anything else out of them though. I've got steam for all that. All they need is good prices, more publishers and a solid delivery system and I'm happy.

I don't need them to emulate Steam but searching for games is a pain in the ass IMO.

Baha

Just posting here to support this thread, I bought Deus Ex HR, RO2 & Dead Island here for anywhere from 35% to 47% off. Cannot recommend this site enough if you're looking for a great deal on a pre-order.

Just bought Arkham City for $33.96 US. That's insane. It will be slightly less when converted to Canadabucks too.

To think that I would have paid $70 for this (with taxes) on console just a year ago.

DMPrince said:
still wish arkham city wasn't gfwl lol.

Didn't we have a thread saying it wasn't.

It isn't steamworks though.

Shit. Can you only use the code once? I went back to do AC:Rev and it won't accept it.

Corto

Another 20% off coupon that I just used successfully with Red Orchestra 2:

20SUM-MERSA-VINGS

PM me if someone needs a refer link from me.

Cptkrush

I grabbed Civ V when it was around 10 bucks, and DX:HR a couple weeks ago for 30, I love this site.

If anyone needs a referral link, send a PM

Corto said:
Another 20% off coupon that I just used successfully with Red Orchestra 2:

20SUM-MERSA-VINGS

PM me if someone needs a refer link from me.

Thanks. Used this one for AC:Rev.

$67 for two games is the price I would have paid for one a year ago on PS3/Xbox 360 at launch.

Corto

DoctorWho said:
Thanks. Used this one for AC:Rev.

$67 for two games is the price I would have paid for one a year ago on PS3/Xbox 360 at launch.

Yes. That was me also... hehehehe

wilflare

just waiting on Hard Reset and SpaceMarine
and Skyrim (if it ever happens, no news as of now)

haha and yes i made this post to say PM me if you need a referral link
RO2 and Dead Island beckon you

I totally support GMG. Just pre-ordered Renegade Ops for ~$10. Steam activation, of course.

PM me if you need a voucher for the $5 credits towards next purchase, by the way.

Can someone post the exact procedure required to make a referral link work?

I've given my referral link to 4 different people who have bought games on GMG after clicking it, and yet only one of those referrals actually worked. In the other 3 cases, neither of us got any credit :( and I have no idea what that one guy did differently to get it to work. Clicking the referral, registering a new account and buying in that same browser session doesn't seem to work. Creating a new account and then clicking on the referral to open the site and buy doesn't seem to work. Their site doesn't have any details on what precisely needs to be done for it to work either :|

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Picked up Deus Ex Human Revolution for 28.80 and Red Orch II for 27.20, both day one.

They gave me my steam code for DE:HR a few days early, and I already got my Red Orch Entered.

wilflare

spindoctor said:

I've given my referral link to 4 different people who have bought games on GMG after clicking it, and yet only one of those referrals actually worked. In the other 3 cases, neither of us got any credit :( and I have no idea what that one guy did differently to get it to work. Clicking the referral, registering a new account and buying in that same browser session doesn't seem to work. Creating a new account and then clicking on the referral to open the site and buy doesn't seem to work. Their site doesn't have any details on what precisely needs to be done for it to work either :|

do they have cookies enabled?

spindoctor said:

I think it's only supposed to work once.

Ledsen

A note for all euros: if you create your account through a us proxy/vpn, you will get dollar prices on your account. You don't need to use a proxy after registering :)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I like these Green Man Gaming guys. They sort of came out of nowhere, but they've had (so far) some fantastic prices and some good communication with the customer base. They also have this weird "trade in" system for games that don't have DRM that prevents it.

Basically this is the kind of competition we need in the DD space, instead of lame Steam knockoffs. Customer focused, good prices, offers something unique. Keeping my eye on these dudes.

(._.)

Banned
I have Batman and Stronghold on preorder. Got Deus Ex through them also. My go to site from now on for preorders.

Baha

Cool I just got store credit for writing 2 reviews. Essentially if you're the first person to write a review for a game (after being approved) you'll get $1 in store credit. Approved reviews afterwards get 25 cents store credit.

Enco

Great site.

Got DX3 Augmented Edition for $40 and got $5 credit too.

If you want a referral link (for $5 off after you purchase something), hit me up with a pm.

Top Bottom