• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Übermatik;47537387 said:
+ RETRO's new game, obviously...

But Mario Kart is already on there!

Portugeezer

needspeed.png

Dat EA support.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Nice thread, still goes to show that I won't be needing a wii u until Q2/Q3. In Kamiya I trust.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I thought Pikmin 3 got pushed to Q3.

Wow. That looks great; love how you identify the game and then the info beside it.
Good stuff. Careful not to let this sneak into a 'community' thread though; it'll get shut.

Love what you've done though. Good stuff.

IrishNinja

sharp OP! hope to see more on this list later, though...
thank god for all these cheap wii games i put in my backlog last year; just like usual, the first 9 months of nearly every console cycle are largely barren for me. fall's lookin' good though.

Qurupeke

Great OP! Also, damn it! 2013 and early 2014 is probably the worst year for me! I won't have time for anything! And yet there are so many games I want for Wii U! Pikmin 3, Zelda, TW101, WW HD, SSB4, Super Mario and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are the ones I want the most. I'll also buy Bayo 2 if I manage to play the first one. And there's X, Yoshi and Mario Kart too... OH MY GOD. NO TIME FOR ANYTHING.

Games an interested in getting a WiiU for:

This is dependent on its performance though; it looks like huge fun but the draw distance worries me how it'll finally play.

It just looks great.

The first game that properly got me excited for the WiiU. A must.

Obviously everything else is TBD; so I won't include them as their up in the air.
Are the above three enough? Not really. If Wonderful 101 ends up being the WiiU's Kid Icarus then I'll be mighty tempted; but I might hold off for some of those not yet dated games.

Specifically Mario Kart. The online could really be great if Nintendo expands on the 3DS stuff.

I have to say that the OP has a beautiful layout. Looks really nice!

Line-up for this year looks rather weak anyhow, in my opinion. Nintendo isn't and never was doomed, by the way. I don't know yet if the Wii U is doomed or not, but worst case scenario is that Nintendo goes SEGA and becomes third-party. Nintendo's own games sell like crazy. Nintendo will exist for as long as games exist, that's for sure.

ramparter

Banned
At least this time they launched before their rivals, this should give them some time to prepare and maybe they can pull off a 3DS move with a price drop and some bigger games at q3/q4 2013.

But right now that list looks really sad.

Ok, I'm glad for this thread, you've successfully reminded me that some good games are still coming. Just a little longer...

On the other hand, Mario kart U (I think it's definitely coming this year), Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends (once it hits the bargain bin), Revelations (Bargain bin again, not double dipping for full price), Wonderful 101 and potentially a new 3d mario & Yarn Yoshi would probably stretch my budget for games to the limit anyway. And that's if Wii U was the only console I would be buying games for.

As for the eShop,
Runner 2 : Future Legend of Rhythm alien shouldn't be too far off, since Gaijin submitted it for all 3 consoles recently.

Anyone know how cloudberry kingdom is progressing?

Tenki

I'll buy LEGO City Undercover and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in March, and Pikmin, The Wonderful 101 and Game & Wario hopefully Q2.

I wonder when Nintendo will date all those remaining games they have.

I wonder when Nintendo will date all those remaining games they have.

E3. I suspect we'll see some NSMB2 shenanigans where a release (hopefully Mario Kart) slips into late Q2. If possible then it'll probably be bundled.

Everything else will start seeing dates and quarters too.

Awesome sauce of a thread! :D

You should replace the pic for Pikmin 3, it's old as donkey shit. :p

Go with this!

iPZPGCP0YNC45.png

Or perhaps this:

ibjYsft1Q2vXZ7.png

Textures aside, this game is a feast for the eyes, DAT COLOR!

I don't get the "CoD just an annual update" bashing, but Nintendo is pumping out Mario games and spinoffs at a much faster rate.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand nor do I play FPS' (mostly because I suck at them), but it seems hypocritical; also not saying the bashing happens here, just the internet in general.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I don't get the "CoD just an annual update" bashing, but Nintendo is pumping out Mario games and spinoffs at a much faster rate.

In my opinion :

- Everyone is trying to pump out CoD-esque games ( not just genre but mechanics, procedural MP progression etc etc etc ) year after year.

- Only Nintendo is "pumping out" games like Mario.

Nothing coming out that peaks my interest at all on that list aside from the Nintendo offerings that don't have a release date.

Very nice job on the thread - very clean and easy to read!

DaBoss

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand nor do I play FPS' (mostly because I suck at them), but it seems hypocritical; also not saying the bashing happens here, just the internet in general.

You don't group the mainline Mario games and Mario spinofffs together. Then within the mainline there are 3D Mario games and 2D Mario games. There have been 5 mainline 3D Mario games in the span of 19 years? 11 mainline 2D Mario games in the span of 28 years?

In one gen we got a CoD every year, there is a big difference in timespan. This current gen has the most mainline Mario games (5) spanning across both the Wii and the DS.

Looks like it's going to be a Nintendo/Retro/Platinum machine for me. Which I'm fine with, their output should be worth the price of admission.
I'm not counting on any, western especially, third party to impress me or take the Wii U seriously. Sure X looks nice, but I don't think I'll enjoy it if I thought Xenoblade was boring.

There's more differences between Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy than between most CoD entries and all it's clones, lol.
And something like Paper Mario, Luigis Mansion or Warioware couldn't possibly be further away from the original Mario series in almost every aspect except that the main characters face is known.

Top Bottom