• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

It was announced without including it.

Resident Evil 5 was not on the Wii.

There's more evidence against it than for it at this time. I think you're crazy for assuming so yeah.
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil the Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles were :)

?oe?oe

The only thing that makes me nervous about RE 6 is that it seems like Capcom has already prepared a lot early press materials for the game, and there's no Wii U logo in sight.

Recent trailers of Darksiders II have no Wii U either. It's probably one of the more discussed Wii U titles from 3rd party developers, yet no logo.

Thus, Nintendo Ninjas.

Arkham City and Darksiders 2 were announced without mentioning Wii U. (damn, beaten)

Nintendo is probably keeping third parties quiet and planning a E3 launch software explosion. Every H2 2012 third party game is potential Wii U launch game.

Exactly.

It's hardly guaranteed that every H2 2012 multiplatform HD title will get a Wii U version, and the percentage that do/don't will be very telling of the platform's future for good or ill. But keep in mind that, AFAIK, DQX is the only Wii U game to be announced since E3, and that almost none of the official PR materials for the already-announced Wii U multiplatform titles mention the Wii U version.

So either Nintendo is keeping things under wraps to an absurd degree, or literally none of the multiplatform HD titles announced in the past six months are coming to the platform. I know which I think is more likely.

AzaK

[Nintex];34406746 said:
As far as I know Crytek has nothing in production for Wii U at this time. They problably won't do a very late Crysis 2 port and their next scheduled title is Ryse in 2013 followed by Homefront 2 in 2013/2014. TimeSplitters 4 was heavily rumored to be in production for the next Xbox as a launch game but evidence has yet to surface.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning a game, but some sort of tech demo of their engine running in Wii U all maxed out.

So either Nintendo is keeping things under wraps to an absurd degree, or literally none of the multiplatform HD titles announced in the past six months are coming to the platform. I know which I think is more likely.

Exactly. No way will the Wii U have 0 3rd party titles.

[Nintex]

Exactly.

It's hardly guaranteed that every H2 2012 multiplatform HD title will get a Wii U version, and the percentage that do/don't will be very telling of the platform's future for good or ill. But keep in mind that, AFAIK, DQX is the only Wii U game to be announced since E3, and that almost none of the official PR materials for the already-announced Wii U multiplatform titles mention the Wii U version.

There's still a bunch of fall titles that haven't been unveiled/announced yet like Assassins Creed III, Call of Duty, Need for Speed by Criterion and more. And those happen to be the titles I expect to land on Wii U. When it comes to games like DMC, Dead or Alive 5, GTAV and others I'm not at all certain they'll release on Wii U. Third parties seem to look at this on a case by case basis.

Nintendo is going to do one of those things at E3, the old logo splash on the screen. You'll see all the game logos or company logos they've partnered with.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

There's more evidence against it than for it at this time. I think you're crazy for assuming so yeah.

On the one hand, it's been an entire generation since a Nintendo home console got a mainline Resident Evil game.

On the other hand, the GameCube got a port of every single RE game, as well as built-from-the-ground-up games (4 and 0.) The 3DS is getting a "mainline-ish" RE game while its competitor is not, and if the MH deal is anything to go by, Nintendo and Capcom are on pretty good ground right now.

I'm 50/50 on it.

Nintendo is going to do one of those things at E3, the old logo splash on the screen. You'll see all the game logos or company logos they've partnered with.

Likely.
I mean, they can't show EVERY single game for the Wii U.
They will, however, demo Killer Freaks and any first party launch games.

[Nintex];34407397 said:
There's still a bunch of fall titles that haven't been unveiled/announced yet like Assassins Creed III, Call of Duty, Need for Speed by Criterion and more. And those happen to be the titles I expect to land on Wii U. When it comes to games like DMC, Dead or Alive 5, GTAV and others I'm not at all certain they'll release on Wii U. Third parties seem to look at this on a case by case basis.

True. We shouldn't take every PC/PS3/360 announcement at face value and assume the worst for Wii U, but nor should we assume that every such title is getting a Wii U port. We'll have to wait and see, and I can't say I'm wildly optimistic.

Jackano

RE6 will be a symbolic game to follow when you will judge third party support for the Wii U at E3.

Nov.20th? Could be a really big name in a launch line-up. If Nintendo manage to actually build the Wii U like they claim to want in order to have more third party developers support, RE6 will be there on day one. Best case scenario, it will be right away the "superior" version.

Middle scenario, it will come in early 2013, like the PC version.

Worst case scenario, no RE6, Nintendo doomed, etc... Sounds unlikely when you look at Gamecube and 3DS, but it just sounds more possible if you take RE5.

Alternate scenario: RE5 port!

wsippel

Banned
Oh, man, if TimeSplitters 4 isn't on Wii U or PC I might have to buy a 2nd console next gen. I never owned any of them, but I played them splitscreen at parties. The games are so crazy there has to be a lot of great uses for the touchscreen, especially for map making (they had map making, right?).
From what I've heard, Crytek ported their engine over quickly, and it works (and looks) great, but they're not working on any Wii U games. I personally think that's stupid, as there's obviously no better marketing for an engine than an actual game, but yeah... It's what I was told.

AzaK

From what I've heard, Crytek ported their engine over quickly, and it works (and looks) great, but they're not working on any Wii U games. I personally think that's stupid, as there's obviously no better marketing for an engine than an actual game, but yeah... It's what I was told.

Well if they're under the same NDAs as every other third party publisher seems to be, I imagine they can't even hint at having Wii U versions of anything in the works.

HylianTom

Banned
I fully expect something like RE6: Cooking Pork Chops with Leon n' Jill to be Capcom's RE-flavored contribution to the Wii U. Color me skeptical.

Hiltz

A Resident Evil 6 port to Wii U seems like it will happen. Even if Capcom doesn't bother to up the graphics or add exclusive content, it can just use the console's streaming ability and now you've got something special about the Wii U version of RE 6.

ultrazilla

First post! Go easy on me guys, hello! :)

I'm totally excited about the Wii U and will be buying it day 1.

Since we will *most* likely get the release date for the system at E3, will major retailers begin taking preorders for the system the day of the announcement?

First post! Go easy on me guys, hello! :)

I'm totally excited about the Wii U and will be buying it day 1.

Since we will *most* likely get the release date for the system at E3, will major retailers begin taking preorders for the system the day of the announcement?

Probably a lot of them will start taking it that week at least.

ReyVGM

We'll have to wait until E3 unless someone has some info they want to share, but I also thought it was a bad sign that Metal Gear Rising wasn't coming to Wii U - at least it hasn't been announced. Kojima also said Project Ogre wasn't to Wii U though which is major. He's Konami's primary game producer so this to me means we might not get Castlevania either. That's a huge loss of Japanese third party support and games that are also targeted at western audiences. It doesn't bode well for Wii U if this is the case, but hopefully Nintendo is courting these developers if they are serious.

Kojima has never made a game for a Nintendo console (not portable), so I wouldn't be surprised if Project Ogre never comes to the Wii U.

guek

Banned
I'll be very surprised if RE6 isn't shown in some form during nintendo's E3 presser. I'm just not sure if I want to play it yet...I really missed the isolated feel of previous REs when I played RE5, and RE6 looks no different.

maeda

Do you guys know when will amazon start charging taxing on purchases made from CA? I hope the preorders for Wii U go up before that.

ReyVGM

Of course RE6 will be on the Wii U...
You guys are crazy to think otherwise.

I'm sure it will come too... however...

Will it come the very same day it's released for the other consoles or will we have to wait weeks or months until the Wii U version is released?

I wouldn't mind that if that meant better graphics/framerate + good wiipad implementation, but it probably won't.

I'll be just like the Gamecube days, where we got stuff later and not always the best version :(

MDX

Its very clear what Nintendo is doing.
They dont want to associate the WiiU with this gen.

They will probably have special WiiU advertisement for these games
Hopefully showing a difference in the quality of the graphics and the unique control scheme.

The Xtortionist said:
It's different for no reason. If they want it to be symmetrical, it should follow the dualshock layout. Clearly there are a ton of people who like it...why be different?
So if they want it to be symmetrical, they also have to ditch the "analog over d-pad" standard that every non-Sony controller of the last decade has used?

MDX

I wouldnt be surprised if Nintendo shrinks down the WiiU to the Wii size.
Just replacing one box for another.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Resident Evil: Outbreak Chronicles

A railshooter as a test. What could possibly go wrong ?

No, first they'll port RE5 but it'll be co-op optional making it the best version by default, then they'll spring the on-rails rehashes.

7HQ9F.png

botty

Banned
Do you guys know if the Wii U controller is capable of a sorta "dual-play"?

Where you have one experience on the TV and another on the controller; say you're playing Pikmin and you command Olimar on TV, and Louie on the controller (by using the screen).

Or maybe a better example would be a TWEWY style game.

gkryhewy

No, first they'll port RE5 but it'll be co-op optional making it the best version by default, then they'll spring the on-rails rehashes.

7HQ9F.png

I played through RE5 without co-op just fine. But yeah, why no Wii U version for RE6? I suppose it could be announced later with the console.

Anth0ny

RE6 will be on Wii U.

If not, Nintendo already fucked up.

But really, Nintendo and Capcom have always been close. REmake, RE0 and RE4 were GC exclusives (til RE4 went everywhere). They were then ported to Wii, and Capcom put out the two Chronicles games.

It's clear that Nintendo is keeping everything Wii U under wraps until E3... for some reason. Whatever.

Yeah there's no doubt in my mind Nintendo has told every other company to not even utter the words Wii-U, probably because they don't want to take the sting out of any announcements. Even though it's semi-common sense that RE6 will be on the system, Nintendo announcing it on stage possibly with any extras (better graphics? On screen inventory system? Anything really) will have more umph than having it mentioned at the end of the trailer or in a PR statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom