• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madonna's MDNA |OT| Her exquisite oyster display and reductive garnishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

C0F4P.jpg

OwJtc.jpg

8hyZN.jpg
Pjv8V.jpg

• Name: MDNA
  • Editions: Standard Edition . Deluxe Edition
  • Release Date: 26th March 2011
  • Genre: Electro-pop
  • Length: ~ Currently Unknown
  • Producers / Collaborators: Alle Benassi, Benny Benassi, The Demolition Crew, Madonna, Michael Malih, Mika, Indigo Muanza, William Orbit, Martin Solveig
    event.png
clTJ0.jpg

• The album will be her first under the Live Nation record label
  • 12 tracks will be on the standard edition
  • 16 tracks will be on the deluxe edition, along with one remix
  • Producer William Orbit on the album: "There’s some pretty hard, rocking tracks. There’s a very different variation of…styles. Mostly pretty savage, actually. The singles that have come out aren’t necessarily representative."
  • On working with Martin Solveig:
    “Well, I did a good majority of the album with Martin Solveig… I love his sound — it’s really fresh, doesn’t sound like anybody else’s,” Madonna said. “Happy. I would say his music is happy. It puts a smile on your face.”
  • On the sound of MDNA
    “I feel like all the records on the radio right now have a homogenized quality to them,” she said in The Times interview. “I’ve made a huge effort to try and not sound like everybody else. The music that I’ve done with William is quite introspective, whereas Martin’s is more ironic and funny and upbeat. There’s a really up aspect to it and a really fun aspect to it."
Puu2U.jpg

SINGLES
NON-SINGLE TRACKS
  • #2 Gang Bang (Madonna, Mika, Demolition Crew)
  • #3 I'm Addicted (Madonna, Benny Benassia, Alle Benassi, Demolition Crew)
  • #4 Turn Up The Radio (Madonna, Martin Solveig)
  • #6 Some Girls (Madonna, William Orbit)
  • #7 Superstar (Madonna, Indigo Muanza, Michael Malih)
  • #8 I Don't Give A... [ft. Nicki Minaj] (Madonna, Martin Solveig)
  • #9 I'm A Sinner (Madonna, William Orbit)
  • #10 Love Spent (Madonna, William Orbit)
  • #11 Masterpiece (Madonna, William Orbit)
  • #12 Falling Free (Madonna, William Orbit)
BONUS TRACKS (Available in Deluxe Editions only)
  • Bonus #1 Beautiful Killer (Madonna, Martin Solveig)
  • Bonus #2 I Fucked Up (Madonna, Martin Solveig)
  • Bonus #3 B-Day Song [ft. Nicki Minaj] (Madonna, Martin Solveig)
  • Bonus #4 Best Friend (Madonna, Benny Benassi, Alle Benassi)[/url]
6q3A1.jpg

Mnhii.jpg

Madonna_World_Tour_2012_poster.jpg

• Tour was first announced February 7th 2012 after the Superbowl.
  • Madonna says: ""Start saving your pennies now. People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together and come to my show. I'm worth it".
  • The tour will also visit Australia and South Africa in 2013.
cuS2b.png

TvSlE.png

svJht.jpg

uN0Kt.jpg

THIS MADONNA ALBUM IS FUCKING GREAT
PopJustice (Full Review soon)
Overall, this might not have the serious pop intensity of Confessions, it’s not as drastically new or experimental as music critics might like, but it’s fun, fucked up, dancey and full of drama. It’s what her fans have been waiting for: a wallop enough of an album to put her back up there, at checkmate against Lady Gaga, who, despite her brilliance, doesn’t quite give you songs that are as easy to disco dance to as some of these are. Is Madonna still ‘the Queen’ as Nicki Minaj gabs at one point? On the strength of MDNA, it’s hard to argue against.
Attitude Magazine UK FOUR STARS
I genuinely loved most of what I heard. I would be shocked if many people didn't feel this was a vast improvement over Hard Candy which, let's be honest, was a good record. There are definitely songs on here that are personal, uplifting and inspiring mixed among the far louder "I'm still hot and young, fuck me in any hole you can!" club crushers.
BoyCulture Blog (Includes track-by-track review)

CIzOq.jpg

wPfVy.jpg

COMING SOON - SUGGESTIONS WELCOME

Kyon

Banned
^^^^ You are so shady icu

I thought either Phono, cosmic or I had to make this thread lmao thanks though OP :)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
girl gone wild is way better than give me all ur luvin

hopefully this will be fantastic enough to make me forget all about hard candy

GGW has grown on me a lot. I still feel as if the production is a little empty, but thankfully it isn't OTT like most current dance-pop.

And lol Kyoyeon, we don't work, we SUPERVISE.

Kyon

Banned
GGW has grown on me a lot. I still feel as if the production is a little empty, but thankfully it isn't OTT like most current dance-pop.

And lol Kyoyeon, we don't work, we SUPERVISE.
Good point lol we are the Stans in the Front Lines

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It's killing me having that recently added second Seattle date flaunted in my face along with the Vancouver shows. Four chances to realize I'll never have the money to see one of my lifelong faves perform before she keels over! A friend and I are probably going to sit in the parking lot and hope that Key Arena's soundproofing has deteriorated over the years. :(

Nemesis_

If you guys think of a new title I will update it for sure. I just wasn't sure what else to put >_>

I will also fix the M.D.N.A. thing. Sorry about that >_> BUt I would rather send ONE PM to a mod rather than two.

Koodo

Banned
Well, the songs released thus far redefine reductive, so the title is appropriate.

I'm seriously considering lighting a candle for the William Orbit songs. Those have to sound fresh.

Well, the songs released thus far redefine reductive, so the title is appropriate.

I'm seriously considering lighting a candle for the William Orbit songs. Those have to sound fresh.

Can't be any worse than anything he did with Pink.

SpiffyG

Am I the only one who when seeing MDNA thinks of ecstasy? Was that intentional? Also, silly question, but does Madonna write her own music?

royalan

All the better for MIA, really. This album is shaping up to be something one probably wouldn't want to be associated with.

Go319

this is GAF right? lets get some stats up in this thread!

Madonna has a record breaking week
Written by Giampiero Fiorelli

It's been a record breaking week for MADONNA. Along with the largest halftime U.S. viewership in SUPER BOWL history including MADONNA's BRIDGESTONE Halftime performance (peaking at 112.6 million viewers), the pre-orders for THE MATERIAL GIRL's upcoming MDNA album ascended to the top spot on iTUNES stores in 50 countries and was the largest one day pre-order of any album in iTUNES history, it was confirmed today by her record label INTERSCOPE.
Commented MADONNA, "Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world."

A key part of the album release included a first of its kind worldwide promotion by CLEAR CHANNEL, which premiered MADONNA's new single and video, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," across its full range of media platforms, including radio, outdoor, online and mobile on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd.
"CLEAR CHANNEL MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT's global reach on the MADONNA launch was unprecedented, and we couldn't be more excited about our partnership," said INTERSCOPE GEFFEN and A&M Pres./Promotion BRENDA ROMANO. "Their willingness to work with us on every element of the simultaneous, multi-platform campaign -- everywhere MADONNA fans are -- exceeded our expectations and was instrumental in driving pre-sale of MADONNA's new album MDNA."
"You cannot overstate the impact that CLEAR CHANNEL's MADONNA campaign had on the MADONNA pre-order on iTUNES during SUPER BOWL Weekend, as we experienced the largest first day pre-order ever for an INTERSCOPE artist,” said INTERSCOPE GEFFEN and A&M VP/Sales GARY KELLY.
"We felt the amazing power of CLEAR CHANNEL worldwide, they clearly have the muscle to create an event program," said MADONNA's Manager GUY OSEARY. "The results speak for themselves -- we are very happy."
"We're thrilled to help contribute to the success of MADONNA's new album MDNA," said CLEAR CHANNEL National Programming Platforms Pres. TOM POLEMAN. "Our goal was to use CLEAR CHANNEL's multi-media platform to create a massive international pop culture event on a scale that's never been done before. And we're excited to see how quickly and passionately our listeners responded."

Madonna By The Numbers

50 #1's Pre-orders for MADONNA's MDNA album on iTUNES (biggest one day pre-order in iTUNES history) hit the top spot at iTUNES stores in 50 countries
11,000,000+ YOUTUBE downloads of new MADONNA video -- and counting
The most searched subject on YOUTUBE and GOOGLE during THE SUPER BOWL
13 MADONNA's new single catapults to the #13 spot on BILLBOARD's Hot 100 Chart
56 "Give Me All Your Luvin'" marks MADONNA's 56th appearance on the Hot 100
112.6 Million Peak audience viewership during MADONNA's halftime performance -- largest in SUPER BOWL history -- up 4 million from last year -- surpasses MICHAEL JACKSON's 1993 halftime performance.

Read more: http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/577-madonna-has-a-record-breaking-week.html#ixzz1lwsi3lpk

Go319

MDNA – Six Versions, New Tracklisting

UPDATE
As it’s often the case, Japan gets an exclusive track for of the upcoming Madonna album.
The tracklisting of the Japanese version of MDNA will be the same as the Deluxe Edition (Explicit) and will include “Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognito Remix – Radio Edit)” as an extra track.

Here’s the final tracklisting of MDNA…

Girl Gone Wild
Gang Bang (*)
I’m Addicted
Turn up the Radio
Give me all your Luvin’ (ft. M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj)
Some Girls
Superstar
I Don’t Give A (ft. Nicki Minaj)
I’m a Sinner
Love Spent
Masterpiece
Falling Free

– Deluxe Edition tracks
Beautiful Killer
I F****d Up (**)
B-Day Song (ft. M.I.A.)
Best Friend
Give me all your Luvin’ (LMFAO Remix – ft. Nicki Minaj and LMFAO)
Give me all your Luvin’ (Laidback Luke Remix) (***)
Love Spent (Acoustic Version) (****)
Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognito Remix – Radio Edit) (*****)

(*) NOT included on the Standard Edition (Edited) and Deluxe Edition (Edited)
(**) ONLY included on the Deluxe Edition (Explicit) and Super Bowl Deluxe Edition (Explicit)
(***) ONLY included on the Deluxe Edition (Edited)
(****) ONLY included on the Super Bowl Deluxe Edition (Explicit)
(*****) ONLY included on the Japanese Deluxe Edition (Explicit)

Mau ®

Suggesting Rihanus hasn't already gone stale.

ifjXHtOg5BCJ0.gif

Oh you are PRESSED

tumblr_liw0vgIuMS1qewmu6o1_500.gif

I guess it's cute GaGa is selling out markets that dont get many pop stars anyway lol. Even Mariah Carey did it
IkaMn.gif
Meanwhile Rihanna is still smashing with the biggest pop hit of the decade.
ny1.gif

OT: I agree with everything Koodoo said about the album. At this point, I just hope I like it.

I humbly submit a new thread title:

MDNA |OT| an album by Madonna -- Return of the Queen [Featuring Her Exquisite Oyster and other reductive guests]

Due credit to Phonomezer.

Koodo

Banned
That title won't fit. I suggest:

I guess it's cute GaGa is selling out markets that dont get many pop stars anyway lol. Even Mariah Carey did it
IkaMn.gif
I don't know what this means. Rihanus can't even book a visa in those countries. We all know why...

iyionowQHalll.gif

IkaMn.gif

Mau ®

That title won't fit. I suggest:

I don't know what this means. Rihanus can't even book a visa in those countries. We all know why...

iyionowQHalll.gif

IkaMn.gif

Rihanna's LOUD TOUR is the biggest selling female tour of last year though. 12 sold out O2 dates, lets see how the BTW tour fares on the markets that will matter: US and UK. Coincidentally the markets where she's not performing well with her latest... music offerings...if thats what people call them...ch
IkaMn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom