• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Cystm

Best if viewed in the Vanilla NeoGAF theme @ 1080p+

EDIT: Minus stopped direct linking.

Listen to a sampling of the OST in the background if you like.

ibIRqiq1NwK6N.gif

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

ityW8KPAnxR03.png

iGABlWCEXPo2v.png
iYXVVQiQCwqBN.png

ibvTprHjm0L4xo.png

ibe5zfgxK9wECW.png

iBXS359V8QWNQ.png

ixcmqaWnfIw0T.png

ibn4gbPB9JO4Yq.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

i0NYpGbr4FnMF.gif

iF0ARsuPtIKPB.gif
iZRuQZm9MS6dc.gif

iElT4BiayZrK1.png

ibmKSvyhCCfcwt.gif
ibfKQlUbHphgZ7.gif

iHshQ2HyfJcZx.gif

iyduF7WWxrOS0.gif
iboysSTsd2xBKD.png

ixd1pZDxwQZow.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

iLp8IRkSYg3w9.gif

i3sg1oZ7mw2Js.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

iY99250KRhmSw.png

ibbA67oDXey6C2.png

irBXOJNP1TLDK.png

iFoVbif1TpP6B.png

ibjnmKzE7MoASe.png

i8Vmt9kTriGiR.png

ibnYULy1Bp63BK.png

ihbD8PKeDM2YG.png

iNDSvoxxH5053.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

ibanjN5sft0t4V.gif
iNxooN8f7CmuW.gif

iYrpstP5nXcWR.gif

ibyWUO3rJ2o4cX.gif

i2yXRnIunKPGW.gif

ibptBSh2o6QRth.gif

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

iuxQ5yFi0BQzf.gif

ibsfyl3nm6nrPp.gif

i3rr89rhch6rM.png

i1rUAEVVtEPhA.png

iwEWv8nt4y0SR.png

ixTfkR9TVX6Sl.png

iVv3cEGEr489k.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

ioujvVec21N15.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

i75Tp6RPg8ZsG.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

iEUeRXFCGh3A0.png

irsPEwoezDKtv.png

ivOqa4DC4j9cs.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

ib0MpfkRWWyits.png

io2gStktyHq59.png

ibhGxjDW8pdZ7e.png

iWzXpIHsxfrpa.png

ixnA11ageDvCQ.png

ibj32PoLGKilG6.png
ib0Av6JwL1EnRj.png

iP0EBJfZsKOV7.png

iZPBYGB7wmi86.png

ibtc5u3lZmxPWQ.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

i7HO2EwH7yr6.png

ibi0ea0Xjfyg4A.png

ibgJ2DIQh6rBwp.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

ib1glQnOLoasj8.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

Everything Else:

Reviews:

Special thanks to the TORGAF Community.
  • I would not have bothered with any of this if it wasn't for how awesome you guys are. Hope It's good.

Wall of Shame

Useful Links:

Databases / Skill Tree Calculators

TOR Movies:

Roleplay:

Extras:

HBroward

Nice job on the new thread. Also, GAF Empire has a story Explosive Conflict run scheduled for 8pm EDT tonight, a change from the old 10pm on Saturday time.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Nice job! My first time on a Wall of Shame *wipes a tear* I'm so proud.....and ashamed.

Zafir

Nice Op. :p

I'm surprised by how much I've been enjoying my sentinel in PVP. I'd heard they were rather late bloomers, but I've been doing pretty great at only level 20. The only class which I just physically can't kill head on is a sniper/gunslinger, but they're meant to be the counter to sents/maras.

Tarazet

Diplomacy has nothing to do with light armor or any other armor generation. It's specifically meant to provide medical supplies for blue and purple Biochem recipes. If you're a Synthweaver, you are probably going to want Underworld Trading for the Luxury Fabric drops.

Cystm

Diplomacy has nothing to do with light armor or any other armor generation. It's specifically meant to provide medical supplies for blue and purple Biochem recipes. If you're a Synthweaver, you are probably going to want Underworld Trading for the Luxury Fabric drops.

You are right. When I get a chance, I will update that image to reflect current mechanics.

After a long 7 day grind, I got my WH mainhand. Now im a dps shadow and I did not go with the stalker one as I have a orange crit crafted saber. My stats on the saber from the Force mystic saber, my own power crystal and augment.

+112 endurance
+100 willpower
+110 expertise
+108 power
+649 force power
+53 surge

Its a beast!

UltraMav

So I think my server finally died this week. We were holding out as "Standard" for a good while too, but this week has been awful. :(

vilmer_

I have this weird 'bug' where one of my friends always appears offline, even when they are not. I don't get the login notification and I have to manually open up my friends tab to see if they are online and the name etc still looks greyed out. It's fine on other toons... Not sure what's up with that, perhaps I can open a ticket or post on the swtor forums.

Very classy OP. I've been taking notes on various ones as I work on the Diablo 3 OT.

And holy shit at BattleMonkey. That's some seriously prolific posting.

New thread and awesome OP! Nice job.

It's in reference to a shitty 4chan meme.

Ah im glad I didn't get it then.

I see they were doing a poll type thread on the official forum for planets people want to see added to the game, kashyyk and dagobah seemed to come out top.

I wouldn't mnd Dathomir personally.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Whatever planet they add I hope it's tropical or at least wooded. Too many planets with snow. I would happy with pleasantly sunny.

aett

Whatever planet they add I hope it's tropical or at least wooded. Too many planets with snow. I would happy with pleasantly sunny.

This times a million. Way too many snowy planets. Naboo would be nice, especially if we can visit the old-fashioned city as well as a forest and an underwater gungan city. I really want more diversity.

Tarazet

After a long 7 day grind, I got my WH mainhand. Now im a dps shadow and I did not go with the stalker one as I have a orange crit crafted saber. My stats on the saber from the Force mystic saber, my own power crystal and augment.

+112 endurance
+100 willpower
+110 expertise
+108 power
+649 force power
+53 surge

Its a beast!

I ran my Assassin alt as a 0/10/31 in PVP today, and had a pretty rough time trying to figure out the playstyle. Death Field and load up the dots I suppose, then Thrash as they slowly eat the target for lunch. It was doing pretty mediocre damage numbers though.

Kyari

I finished the Imperial Agent story the other day. That was really pretty satisfying the way it played out for me, and now I eagerly await an expansion or something for more class story content. :(

Isaccard

I ran my Assassin alt as a 0/10/31 in PVP today, and had a pretty rough time trying to figure out the playstyle. Death Field and load up the dots I suppose, then Thrash as they slowly eat the target for lunch. It was doing pretty mediocre damage numbers though.

It's really simple once you get used to it. Recklessness on your first Death Field then then, Creeping Terror and Discharge on priority targets (healers.) After that I shock for the melee's bonus, followed by Thrash and hope for Raze to proc, then insta cast Crushing Darkness. By now Death Field is up again, so throw that on again, melee some more and watch the numbers fly.

As Madness I can solo anyone except for a really good Marauder/Sentinel or enemy Tankassins. Juggernauts/Guardians will blow their cool downs which will only help against you melee in which case, you just keep the DoT's on them and kite them around as there's nothing they can do about it. Sorcs/Sages I always wait for them to cast Force Shroud for the duration it lasts for them and then proceed to burn them down. Troopers/BH's probably go down to fastest to a Madness Sin/Sorc, using the same idea's stated above. It's a really fun spec with great utility (Self heal, Instant WW, Taunt) and really carry's it's weight in premades. In the hands of some better players it tops the charts with 500k+ dmg.

Cider X

I'm reading a lot of complaints on the official forums about crashes and disconnects after the most recent patch. How is the game for you guys atm?
Got a 2 month gamecard here and want to get back into the game but not if it's unstable.

I'm reading a lot of complaints on the official forums about crashes and disconnects after the most recent patch. How is the game for you guys atm?
Got a 2 month gamecard here and want to get back into the game but not if it's unstable.

First day after the latest patch I had 2 crashes to desktop, since then nothing so wouldn't worry too much.

FLEABttn

Banned

Completely stable. Not crashed once with the game, ever.

theta11

Since the most recent patch I crash maybe once every 30-45 well, the time really isn't accurate moreso what activities I'm doing. I'd say I've got a 1-3% chance to crash at a loading screen, while entering a warzone or starting a quest. From what I can tell in my case it's more likely to happen when the game is loading a cutscene or loading a sound file to play but thats just my personal experience. It has greatly reduced the my will to play the last two weeks or so.

Based on conversations with other players though the crashing doesn't actually seem very widespread which is the reason it's probably taking so long to fix. The most common crash after the patch was the one when you opened your Crew Skill windows and had alot of schematics the game would crash. That was easy to fix since you could identify and recreate. Mine are much more random but are associated to specific activities but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Miletius

Since the most recent patch I crash maybe once every 30-45 well, the time really isn't accurate moreso what activities I'm doing. I'd say I've got a 1-3% chance to crash at a loading screen, while entering a warzone or starting a quest. From what I can tell in my case it's more likely to happen when the game is loading a cutscene or loading a sound file to play but thats just my personal experience. It has greatly reduced the my will to play the last two weeks or so.

Based on conversations with other players though the crashing doesn't actually seem very widespread which is the reason it's probably taking so long to fix. The most common crash after the patch was the one when you opened your Crew Skill windows and had alot of schematics the game would crash. That was easy to fix since you could identify and recreate. Mine are much more random but are associated to specific activities but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Same. I'm getting random crashes from time to time, but it's hard to pinpoint why the game is crashes or with what frequency. For a while it was sometimes when I exited a WZ but that's stopped now. Either way I don't think the crash issue is pervasive enough that it makes the game unenjoyable, it happens infrequently enough that I don't really mind.

Dunlop

I've crashed a couple of time since the last patch. Never once before that

Sigfodr

I never had a single disconnect (except due to my ISP) or CTD until 1.2, and then I had quite a few crashes, sometimes twice a day. Nothing changed about my hardware or software (except for installing ME1), but I haven't had any issues at all since the last patch. Granted, I've only played for about six hours since then, but hey, I'm doing better.

bjb

Banned
I've had a significant amount of in-game lag since the latest patch. Particularly on the fleet and during 16m Hard Mode Operations. I've never had any trouble running the game on very high in the past.

I'd assume it's my server, but considering the server is now dead (like many others), I find that difficult to believe.

Francois424

Neo Member
The only annoying problem I have since 1.2 is the sound being messed-up.
ie: Companion speaks way to low (are ok in cutscenes tho), and the damn speeder noise is way to high (bad on the fleet especially), as opposed to pre-1.2

Shutting down the environmental sound dosen't fix the voice issues, nor does removing the companion's helmet.

SWTOR now has 1.3m active subscriptions.

"STAR WARS®: The Old Republic™ active subscribers are 1.3 million. Two new content packs — Legacy and Allies, available in Q1."

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail...leaseID=671021

Still a pretty strong user base.

All they need to do is consolidate everyone togetter...
Glad to see the game is still alive and well.

Top Bottom