• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 3D - They do move in herds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booties

Banned

Get hyped because the greatest movie of all time is coming for your face.

Definitely going to watch this in iMAX as well. Can't wait to shit my pants.

Booties

Banned
I can't wait to do what I did when I was 5: go with my parents, have way too much chocolate, and poop my pants in fear. Maybe now that I'm an adult I'll get a fear boner instead.

Yeppers, gonna have to watch the HELL outta this one <3 I'm glad they waited until 3D was more of an "extra element" in movies rather than the "main gimmick". AND I GET TO SEE IT IN THE THEATERS THIS TIME. EEEE!!

Sapiens

Spielberg at the height of his powers.

I'll never forget seeing this the summer of 1993. I had a knot in my stomach the whole time from fear.

I wonder if there will be a way to see it theatres sans 3D though.

B.K.

I need to buy Jurassic Park whenever it gets its own Blu-Ray release. I haven't seen it since the late 90s. I never did watch the sequels, either.

Suairyu

Banned
The editing and sound design of that trailer really shows the damage modern MTV-style action has done to the medium. Jurassic Park is an incredibly exciting film, but it's not FAST FAST BOOM BOOM CLASHING DRUMS, which this trailer is desperately trying to make it seem like.

Booties

Banned
The editing and sound design of that trailer really shows the damage modern MTV-style action has done to the medium. Jurassic Park is an incredibly exciting film, but it's not FAST FAST BOOM BOOM CLASHING DRUMS, which this trailer is desperately trying to make it seem like.

Everyone's seen this movie. Might as well get them excited as to why they may want to see it in 3D.

Maybe I am wrong, but it didn't look that way during the preview of the T-Rex set piece I saw this weekend before Oz.

They could just be using a less modern HD conversion, but that's kinda lackluster. Sometimes the film and CGI files arn't there for a proper conversion.

Here's some images maybe detective gaf can figure it out.
2422_TP_00064R.jpg

2422_TP_00042R.jpg

2422_TP_00104R.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
They could just be using a less modern HD conversion, but that's kinda lackluster. Sometimes the film and CGI files arn't there for a proper conversion.

Here's some images maybe detective gaf can figure it out.

Figure out what? They're not redoing the effects.
And the third one is not CGI.

All I know is that I really hope Spielberg has seen the Jurassic Park Butt Carwash gif and has incorporated it into the T-Rex scene.

Magnus

Seeing this tomorrow in Toronto! Can't wait. Never seen the original in theatres at all! Was too young.

HYPE

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Anyone know when tickets are going on sale in North America? I saw this when I was way younger and definitely don't want to miss out on seeing it again.

Ominym

Banned
Seeing as how I was three when the movie came out in theaters originally, this will be my first time getting to see it in theaters. This movie defined my childhood, I am more excited than you will ever be.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Spielberg at the height of his powers.

I'll never forget seeing this the summer of 1993. I had a knot in my stomach the whole time from fear.

I wonder if there will be a way to see it theatres sans 3D though.

lol, yeah. I sat there with my legs curled up trying not to shit myself.

Magnus

what? plz tell me your under 25, cause i remember seeing this in theaters somewhere in toronto, think it was fairview mall.

28. I was 8 when this came out; no way I was allowed to see something this 'scary' and violent that young. Remember back in the '90s? When parents cared? ;)

Favorite movie of all time. =)

Reason why I went into paleontology.Reason why I backed out of paleontology and started perusing film. Anyways...

I saw the preview before Oz in IMAX yesterday.

Holy shit.

The picture quality.. the sound... the scale.. and the 3D! I can't get over how good everything was! I thought the 3D would be OK at best, but I was wrong. It looked fucking amazing. When the rain is hitting the windows and the T-Rex looks in...wow.

Also-

Official TV Spots from the JP youtube channel.

'Welcome'

'Faster'

I'm actually quite excited to see this. The last time i watched it i was staying in a lovely bed and breakfast in Sidney by the sea with an old girlfriend, i can't think of one without the other now.

I seriously can't get over how well this movie has aged. Nor can I get over the stellar 3D conversion.

Also, the preview made me really really feel 3D like never before. The fucking t-rex looks real, the life sized animatronics really brought the effect together.

Sigma722

I got to see the preview before Oz as well, and I was definitely surprised at how well it worked. I'll probably try to get out and see it, even if I just saw JP in 35mm at the Drafthouse like 3 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom