• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Season%20Ten%20(Teams).jpg

Dynasty Wire Page

Human Game Schedules For Season One
Human Game Schedules For Season Two
Human Game Schedules For Season Three
Human Game Schedules For Season Four
Human Game Schedules For Season Five
Human Game Schedules For Season Six
Human Game Schedules For Season Seven
Human Game Schedules For Season Eight
Human Game Schedules For Season Nine
Human Game Schedules For Season Ten

National%20Championship%20Winners.jpg

Heisman%20Trophy%20Winners.jpg

Basic Rules:

1. Play legit. If I have to explain this at length, think twice about signing up.

2. Get your games in on time. If you know you're not going to be around for a game (or two, or ten) let me know and I'll put your team on autopilot (CPU-controlled) until you return. If you don't, your game will be simmed for missing the deadline.

3. This online dynasty is being run "career" style. As such, all incoming members must start with a team that has a prestige of three stars or less at either the head coach, offensive coordinator, or defensive coordinator position.

4. The game sends out email notifications for when we advance, so I'll need everyone to sign up for that so they get notices. I'll also post in the thread when we do so.

Other Rules:

1. Games will be played at the default All-American difficulty with six minute quarters. This subject to change once the game is out.

2. In those games against the CPU where you're flat out dominating, you will be required to mass sub your second offensive and defensive teams into the game once you're leading by 35 points. To expand on this more, once you reach the 50 point mark, run the clock out on offense pre-snap and run clock killing plays until the game's over (no matter what quarter you're in). For games that still go past 60 and 70 points, I'll get in touch with the team owner first and issue a warning. If you wind up Supersimming a game and it does this, let me know or I'll assume you ran the score up.

3. In weeks where there is more than one all-human matchup, there will be a 3 night window to play your games. On weeks with one human matchup, this will be flexible depending on the person (aka the storybook rule), but no longer than 3 nights. On weeks where there no human matchups, there will be a 2 night window to play your game. For those who need more time, let me know or I'll assume you just forgot to play your game and will sim it.

4. While I encourage everyone to post in the thread, there may be times when members of this dynasty don't. For that reason, be sure to contact your opponents via PM, the online dynasty website, or Xbox Live messaging in the situations where they don't.

5. When the league is full, all members will required to play at least four human controlled opponents in a season. This will obviously scale depending on the amount of members in the league.

6. New For This Year's Dynasty - Three Strikes And You're Out: Anytime somebody comes to me with a complaint about a person's play or I see a scoring violation (as mentioned above), I'll look into into it and issue a warning, if neccessary. After that, anytime the aforementioned happens you will be issued a strike. Violate the rules three times, and you're out of the league. This applies across ALL seasons, and doesn't reset each season like I used to do. This has never been that much of a problem, and I'm hoping that continues this year.

7. Weeks will be advanced immediately after everyone's games have been played, regardless of when the deadline is. This essentially means to take care of your recruiting ASAP, because I'm not waiting for you to do it. It doesn't take that long to do, and you can do it from practically anywhere now thanks to the web features. Hate to be an ass about this one, but I gotta keep things moving. If you don't want to handle the recruiting yourself, let the CPU take over and set the "Ready to Advance" notice so we can move on.

8. Deadlines for each week's games are Midnight EST. If a game hasn't been played (or planned for human games) or isn't being played by 11 EST on deadline day, I'm advancing to the next week.

Rules regarding coaching and conference changes:

With the introduction of the coaching carousel this year, all coaching moves made after the first season are completely up to you.

If the game doesn't automatically do it, I'll realign the conferences to their proper setup in Season Two.

As for individual teams changing conferences, I'll examine this on a case by case basis, but I won't even think about moving any teams until at least Season Four so that'd be the earliest time to contact me about it.

Current Members:

1. GCQuinton (Army) (AIM - Wsv77 2K3)
2. BigAT (Rutgers) (AIM - CommandoAT)
3. KanZolo (Ole Miss)
4. Striker (Pitt) (AIM - Toth029)
5. BigPapaHusker (Minnesota)
6. Azwethinkweiz (Arizona State)
7. Nightz (Navy)
8. TheDrizzlerJ11 (Air Force)

GCQuinton

CB3 said:
Weird. That League A made me think this was FMT's new thread.

I know. My name listed as the thread starter totally looks like FMT's.

KZ and BPH, whenever you guys pick a team I'll add the logos to the banner.

BigAT

Best league is best.

Quinton, as long as you're updating the OP image would you mind using the Block R for me? That Scarlet Knight icon is kind of antiquated for Rutgers athletics.

MrCWS83

Could I propose that Azwethinkweiz, Nightz, mik, and myself (current Pac 12 members) vote on the location of the Pac 12 title game for season 2 and maybe a few years on? Here are a few options IMO

1. Rose Bowl
2. LA Memorial Coliseum
3. Qualcomm Stadium-San Diego
4. Sam Boyd Stadium-Las Vegas
5. Invesco Field-Denver

I am for the Rose Bowl and Las Vegas

GCQuinton

MrCWS83 said:
Could I propose that Azwethinkweiz, Nightz, mik, and myself (current Pac 12 members) vote on the location of the Pac 12 title game for season 2 and maybe a few years on? Here are a few options IMO

1. Rose Bowl
2. LA Memorial Coliseum
5. Invesco Field-Denver

CC and Bowl games will stay where they are for the most part, but in this case, I'll let you guys vote on it. We're not gonna get wacky and start changing stuff for the sake of doing it, though.

MrCWS83 said:

1. Rose Bowl
2. LA Memorial Coliseum
5. Invesco Field-Denver

Personally I don't think they'd use the Rose Bowl for the Championship game since the Rose Bowl is already reserved for the #1 PAC 10/12 champ unless they made it to the national game. Same reason that the SEC will probably never use The Superdome for the SEC title game.

Nightz

I don't really have a preference as I'll never make it to the championship game, but my hometown bias is telling me to vote Qualcomm.

MrCWS83

storybook77 said:
Personally I don't think they'd use the Rose Bowl for the Championship game since the Rose Bowl is already reserved for the #1 PAC 10/12 champ unless they made it to the national game. Same reason that the SEC will probably never use The Superdome for the SEC title game.

I hear ya. The SEC game will most likely always remain in Atlanta. It's signed through 2017 and would take some serious bidding to move it away. I forgot all about University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ. Throw that beauty into the PAC 12 mix

BigAT

A couple of deals are starting to pop up for this, finally. K-Mart has a $20 gift card, hopefully Amazon matches as it isn't really worth my trouble to drive out to a K-Mart...twice. Best Buy has some weird trade-in bonus if the credit goes towards NCAA, 40% extra I believe.

MrCWS83

GCQuinton said:
CC and Bowl games will stay where they are for the most part, but in this case, I'll let you guys vote on it. We're not gonna get wacky and start changing stuff for the sake of doing it, though.

I agree about not making changes just because, I just thought maybe come up with this idea being most likely next year and from there on out, my guess, the Pac 12 will have a neutral site for the CC. I'm not asking to change bowl matchups and I meant this merely as a suggestion for those of us in the Pac 12 to vote on it

MrCWS83

BigAT said:
A couple of deals are starting to pop up for this, finally. K-Mart has a $20 gift card, hopefully Amazon matches as it isn't really worth my trouble to drive out to a K-Mart...twice. Best Buy has some weird trade-in bonus if the credit goes towards NCAA, 40% extra I believe.

So I recall a few months back that Amazon said it'd find the lowest price on the game, is there a chance they may give a gift card like KMart(sucks)?

KanZolo

BigAT said:
Fellow Slickdealer stealing my thunder....

Best Buy is having Buy 2 Get 1 next week so if you have 2 friends to split the cost or you could sell two copies

EDIT: Still sucks compared to last year. EA store and Dell.com had preorders of NCAA 11 for $40

Nightz

Amazon is now offering a $20 credit with this game.

On a side note, I almost was able to get a copy from eBay today. Did a search, found an in-hand copy, clicked on Buy It Now and when I went to confirm it wouldn't go through. Found out that someone else beat me to it. :(

BigAT

Fantastic. I was getting worried they weren't going to offer a credit since it's so close to release. I didn't want to have to order it from somewhere else and miss out on the NCAA Football 12 Starter Guide and the most essential offensive and defensive plays contained within.

I'm going to try to get it this weekend at a store that I got NCAA10 from the Saturday before release. Lets hope they don't let me down like they did last year. :(

Just checked Arizona State's football schedule for this year. They play oregon state, cal, and colorado, even though two of you guys are in the other division :(

GCQuinton

Launch Day Patch Update:

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/launch-day-update

Week Advance Anywhere Update

One of the new features we have added for Online Dynasty is “Week Advance Anywhere”, a premium DLC feature that allows commissioners the ability to advance the week of their Online Dynasties from the dynasty.easports.com website. To ensure that we are delivering a feature that is of the highest possible quality, we have made the decision to delay the launch of Week Advance Anywhere until August. Our other premium DLC feature in Online Dynasty is “SuperSim on the Web” which will be available at launch for a new onetime fee of $1.99. If you decide to purchase the Commissioner Bundle DLC for $6.99 before Week Advance Anywhere goes live, you will receive the ability host up to five Online Dynasties as well as access to SuperSim on the Web. Once Week Advance Anywhere becomes available it will be automatically unlocked and available to be used.

If you purchase the Commissioner Bundle after Week Advance Anywhere goes live you will get the ability to host up to five Online Dynasties, SuperSim on the Web, and Week Advance Anywhere for $6.99. After Week Advance Anywhere goes live, you will still be able to purchase SuperSim on the Web for $1.99 or you can purchase Week Advance Anywhere for $2.99 which will also include access to the SuperSim on the Web feature.

Well, there you have it. The launch day title update for NCAA Football 12 with a ton of great improvements, as well as an entirely new feature, is ready and waiting. Tuesday can’t get here soon enough.

Lots of other stuff at the link.

Ramirez

Is anyone picking it up at midnight tomorrow and would like to run a game shortly after that?

I'll also be going on a mini vacation this upcoming weekend, so hopefully the league doesn't start til next week. :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ramirez said:
Is anyone picking it up at midnight tomorrow and would like to run a game shortly after that?

I'll also be going on a mini vacation this upcoming weekend, so hopefully the league doesn't start til next week. :p

I'll probably pick mine up tonight. If I'm on, send me a message.

Top Bottom