• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fallout 3 pics

Yoboman

2e30v8n.jpg

33ticmc.jpg

33lnqkg.jpg

4j0s92.jpg

fallout08.jpg

More at link:
http://www.pcgames.de/aid,638781/Po...id=802601&page=1&order=POSITION&viewcnt=1#top

battleMAUS said:
will i need to play the other games in the series to have a clue whats going on? this game looks badass

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but they are classics so you'd be better off anyhow if you did look them up.

Phthisis

Doc Evils said:
Will the game be as big or bigger than oblivion? (world size)

They say a bit smaller, actually.

Can someone tell me how this plays ?

is it like a typical FPS or like the previous fallout games ?

You can play it like an FPS if you want, but you can also play it by queueing up actions and targeting body parts in a non-realtime manner (think of choosing powers in Mass Effect). Once you unpause, the character executes the actions you've chosen.

Doc Evils said:
Will the game be as big or bigger than oblivion? (world size)

Like it's been said, a bit smaller but the interactivity with the world will be bigger and more detailed which is a good thing. Yes. A good thing.

I don't think these shots do the game justice. These really look sized down, especially the second and third pic (look at how the ends of the trees become pixelated, that can't be normal).

The rest of the shots I've seen of this game look fantastic, these look...not so good.

Mutagenic said:
Slightly smaller geographically, but with more detail and density.

Quality over quantity, always.

Doc Evils

SketchTheArtist said:
Like it's been said, a bit smaller but the interactivity with the world will be bigger and more detailed which is a good thing. Yes. A good thing.

Hmm we shall see.

I hope it isn't because of disc space

:bow Dogmeat :bow

The Fallout fanboy in me is pleased.

Now, Bethesda, Fallout demands an LE filled with Pip boy and Nuka Cola goodies. Make it happen.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Phthisis said:
They say a bit smaller, actually.

You can play it like an FPS if you want, but you can also play it by queueing up actions and targeting body parts in a non-realtime manner (think of choosing powers in Mass Effect). Once you unpause, the character executes the actions you've chosen.

Ah cheers

delirium

My only fear is this game will be Oblivion with guns. I hated Oblivion. It felt like a step back in the TES series.

delirium said:
My only fear is this game will be Oblivion with guns. I hated Oblivion. It felt like a step back in the TES series.

Well, you should also be afraid that ninjas will spring from the box and kidnap you in your own house for weeks before leaving you for dead tied up in your bedroom closet.

Alex

They'll never please some of the psychotic Black Isle stragglers, but I think they're doing a pretty excellent job thus far from all that's been shown.

ICallItFutile said:
That second pic doesn't look so hot. I like the rest of them though.

funny, thats the most "important" one to me.

:lol

Esperado said:
Wtf is wrong with you guys? Rabble Rabble Rabble Down With Bethesda!

Looks incredible

well wait for gameplay vids *grin*

still tho id rather have some fallout then it just be dead *glares at x-com*

Top Bottom