• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Mik2121

cwic4.png

WELCOME TO THE ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF JAPANESE THREAD.

Genre: Life Simulation
Developer & Publisher: Nintendo
Pricing: 4,800 Yen
Players: 1. Up to 4 online and WiFi.
Release: November 8th 2012 (Japan), Early 2013 (West)
Platforms: 3DS
Official site: Link

0dzDa.png

Full (though I'll keep it very short) thread coming soon. I'm just leaving this set up so people can start talking about it.
It also seems some gaffer(s?) already got it, so go ahead and post your impressions!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

IN THE MEANTIME...
THE GAME IS ALREADY AVAILABLE ON THE ESHOP!

USEFUL LINKS!

- Recycle shop sell prices list (WIP by a fellow Gaffer).

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NeoGAF Friend Codes (for people with the JP version or about to buy it):

- Autumn Thread - 2036-6362-8583
- Mik2121 - 2664 - 2280 - 4865
- StayDead - 0001 - 3269 - 2109
- Fren - 4253 - 3842 - 3232
- Oichi - 0602-6555-3879
- PushDustIn - 3695-0954-3750
- Mailenstein - 4253-3452-4855
- RagingAvatar - 5155-4269-8153
- Cultureculture - 1203-9402-8938

Jijidasu

Thanks for the OP!

Lets get some code sharing started! My friend-code is 2036-6362-8583. I actually only just joined the 3DS bandwagon yesterday, hah.

A couple of stores have broken street date (GEO in Tsurumai, Nagoya (short walk from Yabacho/Sakae) have broken date). I would have picked it up had I not dropped 5000 yen into my eShop account yesterday..

I just have one ? I really want answered: is there a 'no shoes / barefoot' option for your character's footwear, outside of the island / beach areas?

EDIT - Well will you look at that! Live stream answered my question. Neat. The wait for this game just became even more painful!

Mik2121

Yeah, I saw the game being sold on a store around here too, but I got myself this sucker so..

332a9d4424db11e2b2c322000a1f9804_7.jpg

Gotta wait 13 hours... :(

HMV (hmv.co.jp/en) isn't even listing the game and Play-Asia has the notice

"This is a product with limited availability and our allocations have been presold. If you have preordered this item, your order has usually been confirmed. If you plan to purchase this item, please check back on the item's release date for possible restock."

What's going on with this game?

Mik2121

711 are doing a promotion with Nintendo for special items to be distributed at 711 seven spots starting on Dec. 1st.

12/1 - 12/6: Convenience store sign
12/7 - 12/13: Convenience store mini-model
12/14 - 12/20: Convenience store register

http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-23397.html

That's cool! I will add it to the OT as soon as I get it done. But I wonder how will they do it? Just go to a 7/11 with your 3DS and it does some sort of streetpass or something? Because I can't remember there being any wifi on 7/11s here...?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I am in... but I'm flying to Toronto today. :( Will be getting the DL version anyway so I'll get it as soon as I land!

Friend code is 0602-6555-3879

Robin64

Many people on the stream crying about town size. Does look small from the map, but not too small. And I'd rather have a livelier smaller town than a huge empty one.

AAzLU.png

Begrudgingly subscribing, even though I'd love for this to be a completely new experience once it comes to NA

Sigh :/

I hope the impressions are overwhelmingly excellent, though

Mik2121

Many people on the stream crying about town size. Does look small from the map, but not too small. And I'd rather have a livelier smaller town than a huge empty one.

AAzLU.png

Yeah, the map looks definitely small. But given that you can customize it a lot, I'm not so sad about it. I wonder how many people can live in your town though... if there are only like 3 or 4 houses that would suck, but if there are like 8 or 10 it would be great. Oh well...

Yeah, the map looks definitely small. But given that you can customize it a lot, I'm not so sad about it. I wonder how many people can live in your town though... if there are only like 3 or 4 houses that would suck, but if there are like 8 or 10 it would be great. Oh well...

iirc, the map is capable of scrolling a little bit - you'll not the shop area is only just visible. Still, not going to be too much bigger, probably.

Mik2121

iirc, the map is capable of scrolling a little bit - you'll not the shop area is only just visible. Still, not going to be too much bigger, probably.

Yeah, after taking a closer look at the map, I also think it's already big enough. The purple house made it look small, but the green houses are much smaller and I guess those are the normal towns, so it shouldn't be so bad!

apricot

... On one hand I don't want to spoil the game, but on the other hand the stream is just too exciting! Amazed at how crisply they've got the 3DS footage going

Edit: Curious, how many people are downloading vs. buying the cartridge? I assume most foreigners are going to download?

Edit: Curious, how many people are downloading vs. buying the cartridge? I assume most foreigners are going to download?

Living in Japan and downloading.

Switching between this, Brain Training and whatever game is in the system will be super nice.

If I order that online, can I change the region to US to play US games, or is it out of the box permanent Japan region? :O

The later.

Drago

If I order that online, can I change the region to US to play US games, or is it out of the box permanent Japan region? :O

Permanent Japan region because lol

If I had the money I would totally import it. I need a JP 3DS anyways, superior colors, eShop and library :(

Mik2121

... On one hand I don't want to spoil the game, but on the other hand the stream is just too exciting! Amazed at how crisply they've got the 3DS footage going

I live in JP but I'm downloading just so I can have it always there. I also have a couple friends also downloading rather than buying the package.

apricot

I live in JP but I'm downloading just so I can have it always there. I also have a couple friends also downloading rather than buying the package.

Interesting! I guess it is the kind of game that does merit being on the SD card. I'm content with the download version coming with the LL bundle, but I do feel a little paranoid about downloading Nintendo games as they never feel as "permanent" as something linked to a specific account, like on PSN or whatever

Top Bottom