• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ refer-a-friend promotion ($5 for friend & you if friend subs)

jvm

Gamasutra.
This was brought up in the PS Store thread by kingofthedead45 and I thought people might generally want to know about it. If you hook up with friends here through GAF, you could get some $5 codes.

32El6xD.png

In a nutshell:
* Submit email addresses
* Friend gets trial code
* If friend subs (3-month or 12-month) within a certain period, you and friend each get $5 in PSN money

Lots of PS+ subscribers will be getting these emails. Folks can post here if they want to work together to get in on this, I suppose.

Edit: This is the email, with subject line "Earn up to $25 in PSN codes! Refer your friends to PS Plus"
YNUQBBv.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Nice move by Sony. 3 months of plus for $12 make this deal pretty tempting. I usually sub only during the summer months but I might get 3 months during the semester if anyone can spare a code.

jvm

Gamasutra.
One important question: will the codes work if you have already subbed before? Not clear, right?

What if you're already a subscriber? Shouldn't add on to existing sub, but who knows?

Dammit. I only know one other person with a PS3 and he's about as afraid of doing anything involving gaming and the internet as your typical Gaffer is. Literally went out and purchased 2 physical games for like $40 total when he could have paid $50 and got those games and like 30 more on PS+.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If we get a spreadsheet going I'll gladly throw up my email for my PSN account. I'd love a free month and I'll definite sub for a full year afterwards since I think that sony still rewards you with a free 3 months if you sub for a year?

Subbing for now.

Whompa

isn't that the very definition of a pyramid scheme? Except instead of a small percentage of people being on top it's just Sony?

Wait, does this mean if a friend emails me this, I get a free trial of PS+?

Because I desperately want a free trial, and when it ends next month, I will more than likely buy the 3-month sub to finish off the year and whatever sales come my way.

But I've spent the last two days scouring the internet for a free PS+ trial. Does someone want to add me?

Edit: Wait, we both get $5, not just the person who sends the invite? Fuck it, I'm in for the 3-month when the trial ends for sure.

Wait, does this mean if a friend emails me this, I get a free trial of PS+?

Because I desperately want a free trial, and when it ends next month, I will more than likely buy the 3-month sub to finish off the year and whatever sales come my way.

But I've spent the last two days scouring the internet for a free PS+ trial. Does someone want to add me?

Edit: Wait, we both get $5, not just the person who sends the invite? Fuck it, I'm in for the 3-month for sure when the trial ends for sure.

Ill add you!

So how exactly does this work? I want $5. D:

And i'm using my phone, and i'm not sure if its the link or just my phone. I think its my phone. :eek:

GeeDuhb

I would happily refer someone if anyone wants a month free trial ;P

Cool promo though. Silly that it only lasts a week though...

I got the offer in email as well :)

Edit: But i am skeptical on getting the money since AFAIK, Sony hasn't even given the Summer Promotion bonus yet and hearing that the same happened with the other scheme, i am not so sure now :p

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So, I didnt get this email... I'm Canadian, is that why?
US here and I haven't gotten anything either. Maybe they're not done sending out the emails or maybe they're doing it in waves like the free $10 they sent out earlier this year.

Top Bottom