• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Developer Conference on MAY 17, 2011

WillyFive

Nintendo 3DS Developer Conference

WHEN:
May 17th, 2011 <- DATE

WHERE:
W Hotel
6250 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood Ca​

WHO:
Target audience is Producers, Designers, key decision makers regarding game features, and project green lights. This will not be a technical conference. The target audience will not be programmers or marketing teams.​

TOPICS:
The Nintendo 3DS provides the most connections and distribution opportunities of any system Nintendo has launched. We will be discussing the various methods of content/messaging distribution the device has to offer, and how your products can leverage each of them. The Nintendo 3DS system allows you to reach your audience everywhere they go using online, (wireless broadband connection) and peer to peer through 80211 based local wireless communications. The event will also cover the features native to the system that will drive its use, and provide new ways to surprise and entertain. Features covered in the presentation will include:​

Nintendo 3DS's new e-Shop
Out of House Distribution (Nintendo Zone viewer)
Apps
Online Matchmaking
Internet Connectivity
Friend Presence
Digital Distribution​

Local Wireless

Street Pass TM
Multi-player​

Native System features

AR Functions
Anti-piracy
Tools/Middleware update
Project Sheet​

Reception to follow

Screenshot of website:

481331-metoer_fall_fast_cropped_in_version_for_duel_0001.jpg

This is the first I've seen of this...is this kind of like the event they had before E3 a few years ago for the DS Lite? I remember there being pictures of Craig playing a then announced game that ended up being Star Fox.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
In a post-mobile world, Nintendo really has to get decision makers on board for quality software on this handheld. I wouldn't expect anything that would get us forum dwellers too excited tbh.

Dystify

As far as I know Nintendo Zones are places where one can go online with their DS, download various things, etc.

Maybe it got something to do with it.

GeekyDad

Ushojax said:
It's probably the equivalent of the Nintendo channel for the 3DS.

Honestly, that would be pretty cool. I know TNC is pretty much out-and-out Nintendo propaganda, but besides having a campy quality I enjoy, I'll take anything that's 3D for this system, especially if it's updated weekly.

depward

I wonder if it's viable to say that, since they'll be covering the "Nintendo 3DS's new e-Shop" if that means it'll be available for all?

Interesting.

ShockingAlberto said:
I almost 100% guarantee people are getting their hopes up for this too high already.

geez, all i'm doing is writing 'metroid dread trailer' under 17 may on my calendar. back off

Teknoman said:
I really hope that means the shop will be up before or by then.

It's scheduled for "late May," probably meaning Monday the 23rd at the absolute earliest. The more pertinent question is whether this conference is coming before or after we get a date/lineup announcement... but either way, we'll get that info soon enough.

ShockingAlberto said:
I almost 100% guarantee people are getting their hopes up for this too high already.

Well, I'm certainly not expecting any new retail game announcements to come from this. JUST GIVE US THE DAMN ESHOP LAUNCH INFO ALREADY

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds cool.

Hopefully that means eShop will launch around the 17th.

khan

According to the-magicbox, Japanese update will be available before the end May and will include:

3DS Ware - Rockman Dash 3 Prologue (200 yen), Petitcom (800 yen)
DSi Ware - import DSi Ware from DSi to 3DS
3D Classic - classic titles in 3D, Excitebike, Legend of Zelda and Xevious will be available
Virtual Console GameBoy - Ikari no Yousai, Phantasm
Virtual Console Game Gear - Sonic & Tails 2, Sonic Drift 2, Dragon Crystal, Columns
Virtual Console GameBoy Color - Super Mario Land, The Legend of Zelda DX (Demo)
Virtual Console PC ENgine - games TBA
Demos - 3D Video Player, 3D Game Trailer/Previews Channel, Fuji TV and Nippon TV Previews​

No source given

khan said:
According to the-magicbox, Japanese update will be available before the end May and will include:

3D Classic - classic titles in 3D, Excitebike, Legend of Zelda and Xevious will be available
Virtual Console Game Gear - Sonic & Tails 2, Sonic Drift 2, Dragon Crystal, Columns
Demos - 3D Video Player, 3D Game Trailer/Previews Channel, Fuji TV and Nippon TV Previews​

No source given
Ch... What about DSiWare Shop?

FoneBone

Father_Brain said:
Well, I'm certainly not expecting any new retail game announcements to come from this. JUST GIVE US THE DAMN ESHOP LAUNCH INFO ALREADY
Yeah, an eShop announcement is the only (public) news I'd expect from this. Anything else major will be saved for E3.

Door2Dawn

Banned
khan said:

No source given
So demos don't include game demos? I thought the 3DS could do that?

Sounds awesome. I'm there for 3D The Legend of Zelda and maybe Mega Man Legends.

It's amazing how the 3DS was released in a sort of barebones state, and now it'll get a ton of amazing updates to make it 2x awesome.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Not expecting to hear anything from this, but it's good that events like this are happening. Anything to get more decision makers behind the system.

khan said:

No source given

The source appears to be this Japanese blog, by the way. Sounds to me like it might just be compiling information from various other sources, but we'll see.

watershed

Banned
I hope we get some info out of this, then again it doesn't look like press are even invited so the best we can hope for is a press release/media from Nintendo during the event I guess.

DNF

khan said:

No source given

It exists a Super Mario Land for GameBoy Color ?

That blog post looks like a collection of news from various other sources, not a complete listing. Everything there was part of some other news story -- the Jaleco games that got rated by the ESRB, the announcement of a free copy of Excitebike, etc.

GameE

Hum, I don't get the demo thing for Zelda. What would be the point of putting out the demo for the game but not the game itself.

Kobun Heat said:
That blog post looks like a collection of news from various other sources, not a complete listing. Everything there was part of some other news story -- the Jaleco games that got rated by the ESRB, the announcement of a free copy of Excitebike, etc.

Yep, that's what it sounds like. Except for the Zelda demo bit. It's not on NCL's site, so I'd wait for some official news.

watershed

Banned
GameE said:
Hum, I don't get the demo thing for Zelda. What would be the point of putting out the demo for the game but not the game itself.
The only reason would be if its a free demo and the full game isn't ready yet. So that would probably mean Nintendo just put the demo on there so that the launch of the eshop wouldn't be empty. Also demo makes people more likely to buy the game, unless you're Konno.

Top Bottom