• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBW Rumor: The Next Xbox Has A Wii U Like Tablet Controller With HD Screen, Buttons

Emitan

Wii U controller is a traditional controller with a screen in the middle. Did the DS not get traditional style controlled games? It's basically the same idea.

AniHawk

Wii U controller is a traditional controller with a screen in the middle. Did the DS not get traditional style controlled games? It's basically the same idea.

as i remember it, the ds killed all gaming as we know it and cratered the economy, and now obama is president. thanks a lot, ds.

methodman

Banned
I'll buy 3DS twice if it will keep the Republicans out of the white house for 4 more years.

I bought one first day, does that count for two when I can get a brand new one for 140 on certain sites?

PS... Just kiddin around, I love my 3ds, and getting all those games through the ambassador program was bad ass

fernoca

Billychu said:
Nope. Heck Wii U is getting New Mario with only touch controls editions..and waggle.
AQoC0.jpg

GAF never ceases to amaze!
Well, Nintendo was hiding the Wii Remote so it tricked people into buying a Wii ignoring that it wasn't a "traditional" controller.

Then they released this...

9h54w.jpg

To confuse people even more.

Log4Girlz

Nope. Heck Wii U is getting New Mario with only touch controls editions..and waggle.
AQoC0.jpg

Well, Nintendo was hiding the Wii Remote so it tricked people into buying a Wii ignoring that it wasn't a "traditional" controller.

9h54w.jpg

To confuse people even more.

I don't know what the fuck people are smoking, that tablet looks sweet.

guek

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/AQoC0.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9h54w.jpg[IMG]

To confuse people even more.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa419/guek2/arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif.gif

TheOddOne

Rumour: Xbox 720 to Feature 3D Tech
Yet another job post suggesting Microsoft is currently working on its next-generation Xbox has appeared, this time suggesting the fabled device will house 3D technology.

First spotted by tech site BGR, the job listing in question appeared on Microsoft's site earlier in February. Asking for an Algorithm Research & Development Engineer for Xbox team in Israel, the listing's emphasis on developing new 3D imaging technologies soon raised suspicions that the job was focused on developing tech for Microsoft's next Xbox.

Specifically the post asked for an individual interested in developing "image processing algorithm and 3D imaging technologies which will serve millions through the world".

The rumour follows on from a similar report published in January by IGN. In it, IGN similarly reported that the next Xbox - commonly referred to as the Xbox 720 - would house a processor that supports 3D.

The reported 3D tech support is one of many Xbox 720 rumours circling the the cyber highways. Prior to the job posting, a report from Xbox World magazine claimed a number of unnamed sources have confirmed several details regarding the currently fictional Xbox 720's design.

The magazine reported that the next Xbox will be "a matt-black media hub with a mission to bring games to life in your living room with augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player, finger-tracking Kinect."

Additionally, not letting a lack of official word get in the way, the company suggested that Microsoft was working on a tablet-like controller. The controller will reportedly be similar in size to Sony's recently released PlayStation Vita handheld console.

"That touchcreen will be second only to Kinect in how you operate your console," wrote Xbox World magazine. "It could be a remote control when you're watching TV, a browser when you're on the internet, extra buttons and information when you're playing a game or a portable display when you want to take your game with you."

Microsoft is yet to release any official word on its next Xbox

Tunic

The next generation for gaming is going to be really interesting if this holds true. I don't know exactly how I feel about it yet. Obviously being able to demo it would help me have a better feel for it but who knows when we can be able to do that. I am excited to see what will really come in the near future. I think gaming consoles are slowly turning into streaming set top boxes for all sorts of entertainment.

What is this supposed to signify exactly? Wouldn't 3D support be trivial if they're up to date with HDMI standards?

3D imaging job in Israel? Sounds like Kinect to me (hardware was originally developed in Israel and uses a depth sensor which is a form of 3D imaging).

lol I remember making a thread about this a while ago, just seeing how people felt about it if the next xbox had a smallish touchscreen on it's pad that had the dashboard on it (a "dashboard+"). It favoured so so... If this turns out to be real, I'd like to delude my self into thinking I had something to do with this :p

edit:
Tharr you go...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440877&highlight=

jYI9x.png

thats pretty much perfect, only id move the buttons to the bottom/side of the unit to give room for a bigger screen. Make it detachable with an SD slot and it could be a zune mp3 player as well

Welcome to NeoGAF.

Thx. ;)

@topic: Are there any estimations how much Kinect 2.0, tablet controller with hd screen, Blu-ray drive and all the other tech which is rumored lately, would cost? I have a hard time believing this will be all be bundled in one package with decent power. :(

I would prefer if they made a powerful Xbox 720 and position the Xbox 360 as a casual entry-level console, maybe with a redesign. Sony did something similar with the PS2, although it was a little bit halfhearted.

guek

Banned
If the nextbox comes pre-packaged with a mandatory kinect 2.0...a lot of gaffers are going to be pretty pissed. The rage will be palpable.

Phawx

This is a bunch of speculation on my part, but I've noticed a few people on Twitter with experimental HMD displays and didn't really think too much into it until I saw this Engadget post:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/19/microsoft-application-head-mounted-display/

From there, I pieced together what information I could from twitter and such to build a timeline and a theory. (I checked over the ToS again and didn't see any mention of posting links to personal blogs, so full disclosure the following link goes to my blog.)

http://www.brainlazy.com/article/video-games/calling-it-xbox-augmented-reality-hmds/

Either way, some food for thought. I fully anticipate a controller still being used with all these fancy new things, if they are to become a reality.

not sure where to post this.. but im smh if true

Rumour: Microsoft to unveil Xbox Lite for late 2013 at E3

Posted: http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=467496

and then there's this:
I do not work for Microsoft, any of it partners or contractors. Its not really a leak. 75% of this stuff is known for the most part if you follow Microsoft carefully.

Now, I simply keep my eyes open for any little bit of information that seems possibly relevant. I have humungous mental maps of how stuff that I've gathered over time might fit future roadmaps.

I said before that this is also a social experiment. It has been very illuminating to observe how a story spreads among the media & how substandard the process of verifying information is. Most of all, I have been amazed by how easily the media & the enthusiast public ignore any attempt at ascertaining the authenticity of sources.

Sintoid

LuchaShaq

Banned
Microsofts controller+online system are the two biggest reasons I played the vast majority of games on the 360 this generation and had planned on only grabbing their console next generation. If they fuck either up I'm out.

First controller dies from rage quit.
Then Rage again because controller died.

That money sink. No thanks.
unless controller is cheaper then 30 euro.

Microsofts controller+online system are the two biggest reasons I played the vast majority of games on the 360 this generation and had planned on only grabbing their console next generation. If they fuck either up I'm out.

If you don't want motion controls or alternative input methods included in your next console, you should go PC exclusive, because all three platform makers will go for motion/touc/crazy ass shit this time, which is going to be really awesome.

Top Bottom