• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wiimote box?

OniShiro

Banned
I found this image, could it be the wiimote box? it's quite weird, because it's an open box, I have no clue what it could be, but it's interesting, I like the steel color.

247251946_80b2970467.jpg

suaveric

I read an article a while back talking about how companies were going away from the all-plastic bubble boxes that thing like controllers come in. So this could be legit. They were supposed to be more of a mix of cardboard that the old plastic.

vasuba

Banned
thats possible. I know the european event gave away dummy controllers in boxes that looked exactly like that to the media.

guise

I guess its going to be similar to the new nano packaging.

1.0.jpg

Cardboard box with a clear plastic front

temjin

Banned
If that is legit... Then it's pretty damned sexy.

I wish the Wii had a better packaged design. It's awful and tacky looking.

SuperPac

Looks like the thing Nintendo was giving away to press at the JPN Wii press conf. Non-functioning Wii controller replica/mock-up. Just the plastic, no tech. That'd be neat if it's the final packaging though -- nice and compact.

spengo

SuperPac said:
Looks like the thing Nintendo was giving away to press at the JPN Wii press conf. Non-functioning Wii controller replica/mock-up. Just the plastic, no tech. That'd be neat if it's the final packaging though -- nice and compact.

Yep, it looks exactly like that.

115821803100.jpg

I doubt the controller is going to come in a cardboard box like this. To easy to just open up and steal. Unless they keep them behind the counter/glass like systems and games.

OniShiro

Banned
I just hope they don't put it on blisters like MS is doing, those things suck to open, and also are ugly like hell.

SuperPac

OniShiro said:
I just hope they don't put it on blisters like MS is doing, those things suck to open, and also are ugly like hell.

Unfortunately blister packs are decent theft deterrents since you can't open them too discretely. It's the shoplifters who have ruined it for all of us. Hard-to-open packaging is here to stay. :\

Zeed

Banned
SuperPac said:
Unfortunately blister packs are decent theft deterrents since you can't open them too discretely. It's the shoplifters who have ruined it for all of us. Hard-to-open packaging is here to stay. :\
Is that why they made that annoying shit?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Zyid said:
Is that why they made that annoying shit?
Yep. And thanks to thieves, I have the pleasure of risking slicing my hand open everytime I buy a new accessory.

adg1034

Link said:
Yep. And thanks to thieves, I have the pleasure of risking slicing my hand open everytime I buy a new accessory.
I assume you're talking about the razor-sharp plastic they now use in these things. Such fun.

adg1034 said:
I assume you're talking about the razor-sharp plastic they now use in these things. Such fun.
Ugh i hate that shit....can they really not think of anything better?

as for the original topic at hand...definitly looks nice but doubt its final.

Pimpbaa

Link said:

A lawsuit is going to happen sooner or later because of that shit. Some kid trying to open the pack and slicing across his wrist or something.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I actually did slice my palm pretty nicely on an N64 controller package when they first switched over to it. Thankfully, palms don't scar.

vasuba

Banned
had a few stories try to give me a hard time over how the package was opened on a few things like that. its not like these things open super easy and with no damage to the package.

im gonna open it in a way that means i dont shred my hands on plastic so its not gonna be pretty for the plastic

mollipen

Rody said:
The new Nano doesn't include a CD anymore?

Wow, I never even thought about that. I wonder what you're supposed to do if you have no copy of iTunes and no internet connection.

aoi tsuki

shidoshi said:
Wow, I never even thought about that. I wonder what you're supposed to do if you have no copy of iTunes and no internet connection.
If you have no internet connection, you don't exist to Apple, at least in regards to iTunes.

KINGMOKU

I wonder who the first person will be that buys the thing as a T.V. remote and cant figure out to get it to work.

You know theres going to be at least one.

Pimpbaa

MegaTen said:

You laugh now, but when poor little billy is lying there dead in a pool of his own blood after trying to get his pokemans out of the package you won't be laughing.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
aoi tsuki said:
If you have no internet connection, you don't exist to Apple, at least in regards to iTunes.
While 95% of people buying an iPod probably DO have an internet connection, and might've even been using iTunes already, it's still a bit ridiculous for them to not throw in an installation disc. Not only for the handful of people without a net connection, but for the computer illiterate people as well. They just want a disc they can put in their computer; they don't want to have to go online and download the software.

I've really got nothing against Apple, but sometimes they put form WAY over function - especially in this case, where they didn't want a big ol' CD to ruin their cute little packaging.

Top Bottom