• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some Famitsu scans

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Chris Michael said:
WTF is Black Jack about? It looks sort of like a story-based Ouendan.

Its going to be one of those DS medical games. The anime is all about a doctor that takes on hard cases, and uses amazing techniques during surgery.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
trinest said:
He mixed up the scans...back jack is the last one.

Atlest I hope...:lol :lol

No, they are in the correct order. Black Jack is a popular anime and manga in Japan. I think it even has a new series out right now called Black Jack 21.

Black Jack is based on the Tezuka manga.

Imagine this, as a game.
Wikipedia knows everything. said:
Black Jack is a medical mercenary, selling his skills to the highest bidder. He is a shadowy figure, with a black cloak, eerie black-and-white hair, a scar across his face and partially black skin. Black Jack cures patients indiscriminately, from common folk to presidents and yakuza leaders. To his VIP patients, he charges absurd sums. All this has given him a reputation for callousness and greed which he gleefully cultivates. However, to the reader it is clear that Black Jack actually is a good man: he is anti-wealth and anti-prestige, and believes he is actually doing rich people a favor by removing their material wealth.
It sounds rather hoss, and Trauma Center was good enough that it could stand to have a few rip-offs.

edit: This will make the 4th surgery game on the DS. After Tendo Doktura 1 & 2, Trauma Center.

Kangu

Banned
davepoobond said:
i guess it'd only really matter if you read japanese

well you can make out a fair bit of detail in scans as opposed to cell phone pics. we could get a much better idea of the quality of the graphics if we had actual scans. just look at the quality of the scans posted in this thread.

Mojojo

According to french site gamekult, Black Jack Hi no tori hen is made by Sega and Genki, and is more like an interactive manga/adventure game... no idea what kind of interactivity it will have yet..
the game will have 30 chapters and is a tribute to Tezuka, with around 40 characters of his making an appareance : the phoenix (Hi no Tori), Astro Boy, Shakaru the 3 eyed child, and so on.. release date is 9th of november.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Kangu said:
well you can make out a fair bit of detail in scans as opposed to cell phone pics. we could get a much better idea of the quality of the graphics if we had actual scans. just look at the quality of the scans posted in this thread.

i personally just wait for direct feed before making decisions =p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kangu said:
those are cellphone pics. these are scans.

Yeah I hate how shitty digi/cell pics are now passed as "scans". wtf people go buy scanners you cheap bastards

Jonnyram

From the rumour section this week:

- Next week there will be announcements of new Sega game(s), a new Kojima title and the Wii Gundam game.
- Virtual Console games are supposedly increasing in number and Yuji Naka's new game is on the way too.
- A game that's been a massive hit on consoles and handhelds is getting an original entry on the PC, and being made by a Western dev.
- A racing game being released at the start of 2007 will have a sequel announced at a game show at the end of this month in Europe (Forza 3 at X06!?)
- Parappa the Rapper is coming out for PSP

Well, considering it's Parappa's 10th Anniversary on 6 Dec, I reckon the latter will be released around then.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:

- Next week there will be announcements of new Sega game(s), a new Kojima title and the Wii Gundam game.
- Virtual Console games are supposedly increasing in number and Yuji Naka's new game is on the way too.
- A game that's been a massive hit on consoles and handhelds is getting an original entry on the PC, and being made by a Western dev.
- A racing game being released at the start of 2007 will have a sequel announced at a game show at the end of this month in Europe (Forza 3 at X06!?)

Well, considering it's Parappa's 10th Anniversary on 6 Dec, I reckon the latter will be released around then.

-Ryu Ga Gotoku PS3? Wii Gundam game from E3? Boktai Wii?
-Yuji Naka is still making games? :(
-You sure they didn't confuse PC with X360 and were thinking of Golden Axe?
-GT:HD -> GT5?
-Ok.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:

Nice to see Fami hasn't forgotten about the NiGHTS Wii game they've been pimping for the longest time. They'd better not fail us. :)

Isn't next week Sega's conference? So it's not a surprise that a game, or games, would be announced then.

Bebpo

Banned
Uncle said:
Are there any game shows at the end of this month in Europe besides X06?

Oh. Missed the Europe thing. Just assumed TGS. Still more likely than Forza 3, but dunno what show they'd be talking about.

Uncle

Bebpo said:
Oh. Missed the Europe thing.

That seems to be quite common these days.

Bebpo said:
Still more likely than Forza 3, but dunno what show they'd be talking about.

Yeah, it would be really weird to announce Forza 3. When is the force feedback wheel launching? It's shipping with an ff enabled version of PGR 3, right? Maybe it will be PGR4.

Kroole

Jonnyram said:

Maybe ubisoft is getting another anime-license (like what they did with Naruto)?

Mojojo said:
According to french site gamekult, Black Jack Hi no tori hen is made by Sega and Genki, and is more like an interactive manga/adventure game... no idea what kind of interactivity it will have yet..
the game will have 30 chapters and is a tribute to Tezuka, with around 40 characters of his making an appareance : the phoenix (Hi no Tori), Astro Boy, Shakaru the 3 eyed child, and so on.. release date is 9th of november.

This sounds like a spiritual sequel to Omega Factor, in that it combined all sorts of Tezuka universes. I hope more characters are important or have plots than in Omega Factor, and that there's an Omega Factor-like system.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Chris Michael said:
WTF is Black Jack about? It looks sort of like a story-based Ouendan.

It`s based on the Osamu tezuka manga of the same name. Black Jack is a world famous surgeon that fights the evil medical bureacrats and saves lives at the same time.

Black jack owns.

neo2046

I can scan DMC4 if I buy Famitsu tomorrow and no one scans the pages yet

Jonnyram said:

slightly different from I read yesterday
I have read new Sega game, new info about new Kojima titles, and gundam wii
Sega game - no idea
new info about new Kojima titles - not MGS4 and MGS: OP?
gundam wii - maybe SD gundam G breaker, it has not announced in Japan yet
and it is rumored it is a launch title

Night 2 for Wii ? :D

slightly different from I read yesterday
I have read a company from the west side (in Japan)
some people say capcom and Monster Hunter

PGR4?

neo2046 said:
new info about new Kojima titles - not MGS4 and MGS: OP?

Going by a post in the DMC thread its suppose to be a completely new game by him. So it wouldn't be about MPO or MGS4. I'm guessing the announcement of that Wii title he's talked about wanting to make.

Kroole

SolidSnakex said:
Going by a post in the DMC thread its suppose to be a completely new game by him. So it wouldn't be about MPO or MGS4. I'm guessing the announcement of that Wii title he's talked about wanting to make.

Don't know about that that. Kojima seems to be all talk no action when it comes to certain Nintendo systems.

Kroole said:
Don't know about that that. Kojima seems to be all talk no action when it comes to certain Nintendo systems.

I don't recall him ever really being that excited about the GC for example. If you read anything when he's discussing the Wii its pretty much all positive (except for him not being a fan of it not being that powerful). Other than that he's been all praises for it.

Ceb

****ing finally.

I still think it's gonna be the Kojima/Suda 51 game. But for what console? X360? :D

Kroole

SolidSnakex said:
I don't recall him ever really being that excited about the GC for example. If you read anything when he's discussing the Wii its pretty much all positive (except for him not being a fan of it not being that powerful). Other than that he's been all praises for it.

He was quite positive about the DS too ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ceb said:
I still think it's gonna be the Kojima/Suda 51 game. But for what console? X360? :D

Why would two japanese devs (one that`s only popular in Japan) collaborate on a project for a console that isn`t selling in Japan?

Kroole said:

Thus Lunar Knights.

Ceb said:
I still think it's gonna be the Kojima/Suda 51 game.

Uggh stop with the Suda stuff man. :(

Kroole said:

You got Lunar Knights don't ya? That looks great. But seriously look at his comments on the Wii, he does seem really into it.

Ceb

TheTrin said:
Why would two japanese devs (one that`s only popular in Japan) collaborate on a project for a console that isn`t selling in Japan?

I dunno, just a crazy idea. :lol They're both into western pop culture, so maybe they'd want to make something with western markets in mind? I doubt it though, just wanted to throw something out. :D

Ceb said:
I dunno, just a crazy idea. :lol They're both into western pop culture, so maybe they'd want to make something with western markets in mind? I doubt it though, just wanted to throw something out. :D

Suda doesn't make games with any market in mind. That's why none of them sell worth a damn. ;)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
ethelred said:
Nice to see Fami hasn't forgotten about the NiGHTS Wii game they've been pimping for the longest time. They'd better not fail us. :)

Didn't this turn out to be about Mario Galaxy?

Mama Smurf said:
Didn't this turn out to be about Mario Galaxy?

I doubt it as it doesn't match original rumor very much

Jonnyram said:
It says:

最近独立したクリエーターが開発を手がけた
Game creator who recently went solo is developing this

ピエロに似た魔神が空を飛ぶアクションゲームのアレが
"that" action game featuring an evil-spirit that looks like a pierrot flying through the air

レボで出る
Coming out for Revolution

All that points to Naka and NiGHTS.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
NiGHTS 2 :(

I DONT WANNA CLOSE MY AHHHHHHHESSS I DONT WANNA FAWWW ASLEEEEP CAUSE I MISS YOU BABE

AND I DONT WANNA MISS A THAYANGGG

Top Bottom