• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lost Planet 3 Screenshots

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's also a website update, but I can't read Japanese.

I think a few of these are old, but quite a few are new.

Website: http://www.capcom.co.jp/lostplanet/3/character.html

character_pic1_zoom.jpg

story_pic1_zoom.jpg

ss17_zoom.jpg

ss10_zoom.jpg

ss19_zoom.jpg

ss14_zoom.jpg

ss16_zoom.jpg

ss15_zoom.jpg

ss09_zoom.jpg

ss13_zoom.jpg

ss14_zoom.jpg

ss08_zoom.jpg

ss06_zoom.jpg

ss01_zoom.jpg

ss00_zoom.jpg

ss02_zoom.jpg

ur_pic1_zoom.jpg

index_pic_zoom.jpg

akrid_pic1_zoom.jpg

akrid_pic2_zoom.jpg

ur_pic_zoom.jpg

character_pic_zoom.jpg

glaurung

The more I scrolled down, the angrier I got.

Horrible character models, bad conveyance of emotion, poorly lit environments. I think this game will suck nard unless they introduce a mech building mechanic on the level with Armored Core.

Don't care what people say about Spark and their record (before they totally revamped their staff), I'm definitely interested in the way this is shaping up. Still need to see some gameplay though but it's got a good premise.

background42.jpg

kamspy

What do we know about Lost Planet 3?

Lost Planet 2 was a real single player mode away from being a gem. (well, pretending the online stuff all got sorted out. big pretend)

Basically, is it going to be co-op only again? Is there a PC version?

I love fighting big ass stuff, and that the's premise of this game, so I'm all over it if there's an SP mode and a PC port.

I saw a gem in Lost Planet 2. It was buried under unfixable MP issues on PC ( at least for as long as I cared to try) and single player being literally unplayable once you get to the objectives that have to be done at the same time. But damn there's a beast of a game in there. I'd pay a full $50 for a fixed LP2 with a real SP mode.

While I guess he's not a bald dude, but I'm still not too excited about playing another white dude. LP1 at least had Lee Byung-hun and honestly, it was cool. He was a different looking protag. It was something and it was just the continued what Onimusha had done. It was something that was cool to me, but I guess that was different Capcom.

Anyway, the screens aren't too bad and LP is'nt some cherished franchisee. I would like to see some gameplay though. Is it going to be a cover based shooter? I kind of hope not. LP1 still feels pretty unique in this shooter climate. Would like them to continue with that.

What do we know about Lost Planet 3?

Lost Planet 2 was a real single player mode away from being a gem. (well, pretending the online stuff all got sorted out. big pretend)

Basically, is it going to be co-op only again? Is there a PC version?

I love fighting big ass stuff, and that the's premise of this game, so I'm all over it if there's an SP mode and a PC port.

I saw a gem in Lost Planet 2. It was buried under unfixable MP issues on PC ( at least for as long as I cared to try) and single player being literally unplayable once you get to the objectives that have to be done at the same time. But damn there's a beast of a game in there. I'd pay a full $50 for a fixed LP2 with a real SP mode.
The story is going to be entirely singleplayer. It's also going to be open world. Outside you will have to deal with dynamic weather storms as well as massive akrid. When exploring inside caves and abandoned facilities it will feel a little more like Dead Space. The mech is the source of your on screen HUD, so the further away you get from it while exploring the less and less HUD you have.

Aside from that there is going to be a separate co-op mode and a 10 player competitive multiplayer.

Acrylic7

It just looks stupid.
They really should consider giving the main character a helmet. Not just because off the looks, but the freaking weather. No way he can just waltz outside and breath lung freezing air.
His face pisses me off. Don't know why.

branny

His face looks like all the ones I skip over when I randomize something in a character creator. He was Emperor Forehead in the CG trailer, but at least he looked way cuter than that.

red731

Ezio!

Looks nice, would freeze to death - why aren't his ears atleast bright orange so we know he has temperature like those creatures and means to survive in these conditions.

Zaptruder

Banned
Looks a good PS2 game. :\

YOU TROLL LIKE A PS2 GAME!

Seriously though, the quality doesn't look so far from Star Craft 2 in game cinematics. In fact, the whole game looks like it could have been heavily inspired by Starcraft art. You could almost make people believe that it was a SC FPS...

For a guy with so much hair, you think they could have done a better job on rendering the hair. It looks like it's made of plastic.

Top Bottom