• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Master List of all Destiny Patches & Updates

1auYOUP.jpg
h75srRG.jpg

-----

rAHdzFZ.png

845i6S9.png

(Read these if you have just reached level 20 or are frustrated with progression)
  • Part 1 (Progression at 20-25)
  • Part 2 (Xur's weekly visits, and getting to 26 and beyond; note, "What the Hell is Up with Engrams?" section doesn't apply since the engram patch)
  • Part 3 (27+, getting to 29 without RNG; note, goal 4.5 only applies when the Queen's Wrath missions are available)
  • Part 4a (Life at ~28)
  • Part 4b (Building with Exotics)

cVuWHXl.png

W9GhlFk.png

• Want help with raids? There's a specific thread for that here!
  • Want help with story missions and such? Check out this thread.

iaAEsMb.png

iruOlkP.png

kZnCCE8.png

(The Guardian Lords of GAF. Post your proof to be added!)
figadapaura
Namikaze1
todd360
Boguester
Steroyd
Ji66a-Man
GutZ31
LordofPwn
LiK
Stantron
iRAWRasaurus
areal
Mattiator
Lima
Owlowiscious
Johan Liebert
Lord of Castamere
Auto_aim1
Dave1988
Zakalwe
TearsOfBlood
TP-DK
Slamo
zewone
Dante316
Konosuke
GalacticToast
LollipoPReapeR
Computer Mk. II
Persona RS
rodiard
milkham
Duebrithil
EL CUCO
breakfuss
k1t4j
forrest
Sword Of Doom
Deku Tree
the_log_ride
Messiek
coy
sjay1994
raindoc
hydruxo
David___
NoThru22
xplicitone
Qwell
SlenderBeans
grimlock33
Abusive_Red
Captain Smirk
Karl2177
Silver.tongue
Korosenai
MrS
rarbusto
gutterboy44
mindlog
ReignofSparrows

-----

Watch your back, Guardian. No one else will.

noomi

Guardians!

The battle was grueling! It took many hours of perfection, coordination, frustration, and awesome team work. We did it boys, and it’s a great feeling to be able to say we conquered the most challenging encounter of destiny. Honestly, for me the most challenging fight in any game I have been a part of.

Shout out to all those that helped, we could NOT have done this without you!

- Noomi85
- Messiek
- Rubenov
- Captain_Smirk
- Nick_B
- Suggins
- Kaikken

Below are 3 videos from my PoV as sword carrier, you will see our strategy and execution get better with each video. Please note that I made some stupid mistakes, and you will definitely see them. My aim was for shit, I would get stuck, hesitate, run around like an idiot panicking…..but we got it done. Most of us were going on many hours of gameplay (8+, 10+ hours?) So please keep in mind we were very tired haha so be kind! :p

1st Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFw1H1ctcQ

2nd Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkGMVRa8r1w

3rd Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NautXfNusjA

Rhaegar

Let me be the first in the new OT to say that Xur really brought us the hook-up this week. I foresee a ton of HM CE clears with No Zland Beyond this week. Shard out those Ice Breakers, folks!

123rl

Anyone around on the Xbox One for a Weekly Strike or Nightfall? I haven't done the Weekly yet so I want to try the harder one

DJ88

Man I spent about 8 hours trying to down Crota all night yesterday, but finally succumbed to sleep. We got so close many times and reading about the new strategy for killing the ogres sounds like the missing piece we needed. I'd love to join a group right now with at least one person who's beaten it and has a solid strategy down to finally knock this out.

I'll be home at 3:30-4:00 EST.
Awww, pants. I don't get home until 6:45 PM EST.

I don't like the center strategy, to be honest. I think it makes the swordbearer to tough to kill and really makes the sword player an easy target for Thralls and Crota's laser beams.

patchday

I saved the vid. Will upload later today.

Well if you have time can you PM me the link to? I'm just afraid I might miss the post. You know what this is easy- I'll just remember to search for your posts to ensure I dont miss the link

E92 M3

That's what I thought yesterday lol this was my second night doing it for hours. Teams im with aren't bad I dunno things just aren't falling into place.

If you are on Xbox we can help.

--

For the new OT:

This gun is the shit

471.jpg

rNilla

I'd like to take a moment to recognize Hawkian. He's put forth an unmeasurable amount of good will towards this community. We're lucky to have him and I expect he'll still be around running his newbie raids, writing his guides and providing his passionate analysis. Thanks Hawk! I hope the community hasn't burned (or bummed) you out too much.

OT title should have been a tribute.

I'd like to take a moment to recognize Hawkian. He's put forth an unmeasurable amount of good will towards this community. We're lucky to have him and I expect he'll still be around running his newbie raids, writing his guides and providing his passionate analysis. Thanks Hawk! I hope the community hasn't burned (or bummed) you out too much.

That's a damned good idea. And the thing about Hawkian is he is a generally cool and great-natured person. I've always enjoyed his presence when playing. He's a pillar of this community, if I do say so myself.

Shito

It kind of is, in a way...
But yeah, I agree, Hawkian did an awesome job for this community here on GAF. I hope he will keep on posting, even if he slows down a bit / takes a back seat.

LiK

Hawkianmoon

I don't like the center strategy, to be honest. I think it makes the swordbearer to tough to kill and really makes the sword player an easy target for Thralls and Crota's laser beams.
I'll be on all night and I have three characters that need it, two that need the whole thing.

After running both, I must say I like middle best because than only one player is at risk (swordrunner). The others are safe to focus on other "jobs" away from boomer fire.

If you go for just 2 hacks after with each sword there's no need to be as agressive.

Jinjo

Well if you have time can you PM me the link to? I'm just afraid I might miss the post. You know what this is easy- I'll just remember to search for your posts to ensure I dont miss the link

Send me a PM so I don't forget.

I hope it's the full run. Was late pressing the share button.

Top Bottom