• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't know guys. I might be able to live with No Shells if it means lack of Blue Shell.

edit: Wow, Mushrooms in first place and outspeeding the Blue Shell because of the dive bomb? Better balance then. Of course Mushrooms in 1st place have been misreported in previous titles, so I'll withhold my excitement.

I don't know guys. I might be able to live with No Shells if it means lack of Blue Shell.

edit: Wow, Mushrooms in first place and outspeeding the Blue Shell because of the dive bomb? Better balance then. Of course Mushrooms in 1st place have been misreported in previous titles, so I'll withhold my excitement.

There is no "no shells" option. Again, these are the options: All, Shells, Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-ombs, None.

The Blue Shell is not as bad as in MKWii, though I had no problem with the item there...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There is no "no shells" option. Again, these are the options: All, Shells, Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-ombs, None.

The Blue Shell is not as bad as in MKWii, though I had no problem with the item there...

What's what I originally meant; I could live without having any shells, to do away with the Blue Shell.

Yes, oh god yes! you can avoid blue shells with that.
Exactly what I had hoped to hear! When I heard that you can get mushrooms in 1st I knew that would help make the Blue Shell less lame since you could probably get some distance before you end up getting hit.

---

Are Mii stats affected by what they look like?

After reading that Iwata Asks about how difficult it was to program the gliders without the characters' heads popping through, I'm thinking no Waluigi beacuse he's too tall or something.

WHAT IS THEIR EXCUSE FOR BIRDO'S ABSENCE THO.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The reason Waluigi is out is because studies showed he scared children. He was replaced by Rosalina and a bee because girls can better identify to these characters.

You know it's true.

Now can we move on and change the thread title?

After reading that Iwata Asks about how difficult it was to program the gliders without the characters' heads popping through, I'm thinking no Waluigi beacuse he's too tall or something.

WHAT IS THEIR EXCUSE FOR BIRDO'S ABSENCE THO.

I don't think tallness is a factor here when Wiggler is in the game.
As for Birdo, well Birdo's noises are similar to Shyguy, so much so that only one could make the cut lest we all get confused. Fortunately for everyone the correct option was chosen.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Looks like no Mario Kart for me after all. Damn! Maybe tomorrow.

gillty

Banned
Planning my purchase of a 3DS for MK7 on Boxing Day. Not in high school like I was during MKDS, so no epic local play :(... Y'all better still be playing come January!

dock

My favourite way to play multiplayer games is in teams of two. Is there an option for that when you host games? I'd like to see some paired up games in the NeoGaf community races, and I think it would help balance the game.

Mario Kart timeline thread?

The timeline splits at Double Dash due to the two character system...somehow.

I've got to say the Ice track feels really bland for something in the special cup, then again with a name simply called
"Rosalina's Ice World"
I guess I should've expected as much.

The new tracks are definitely on a good level of quality, claims about the best track lineup in the series may indeed be case, I certainly feel that the retro selection is very good (shell cup aside)

dwu8991

Banned
My favourite way to play multiplayer games is in teams of two. Is there an option for that when you host games? I'd like to see some paired up games in the NeoGaf community races, and I think it would help balance the game.

A TEAM Pairs game would be awesome!

Wizpig

How do you like the new mini-boost mechanic?
If i got it right it's similar to Sega All-Stars Racing, it's all automatic and you don't need to press left/right (or snake)... but it asks the player for more skill, because you can't just keep pressed in the opposite direction.
(It's easier if you just try it, i'm terrible at explaining it)

What i hope the most for this game is characters and kart balance.
I don't want a Yoshi+Egg like Mario Kart DS.

How do you like the new mini-boost mechanic?
If i got it right it's similar to Sega All-Stars Racing, it's all automatic and you don't need to press left/right (or snake)... but it asks the player for more skill, because you can't just keep pressed in the opposite direction.
(It's easier if you just try it, i'm terrible at explaining it)

What i hope the most for this game is characters and kart balance.
I don't want a Yoshi+Egg like Mario Kart DS.

Hackers will ruin Mario Kart's online soon enough, just like they did on the DS and Wii.

JimboJones

Hackers will ruin Mario Kart's online soon enough, just like they did on the DS and Wii.

The public worldwide option probably but wouldn't the community feature help with that some what, i mean the code can be kept private for a neogaf group and the fear of being called out if your seen cheating?

Why are we still waiting for a Mario Kart game with Kamek as a racer? He was originally going to be in MK64, but was dropped for Wario. Rather than Metal Mario, or a damn bee, how about putting in a character who was in line years ago?

The timeline splits at Double Dash due to the two character system...somehow.

We can assume that Koopa Trooper fell into a lava pit and returned for Mario Kart DS, recovering from his fatal burns becoming Dry Bones. The same goes for Bowser because Mario kicked him into Grumble Volcano in Super Mario Galaxy 1.

Waluigi got fatally attacked and had to wear a mask to hide his grievous injuries, becoming Shy Guy. Rosalina ate Diddy Kong.

We can assume that Koopa Trooper fell into a lava pit and returned for Mario Kart DS, recovering from his fatal burns becoming Dry Bones. The same goes for Bowser because Mario kicked him into Grumble Volcano in Super Mario Galaxy 1.

Waluigi got fatally attacked and had to wear a mask to hide his grievous injuries, becoming Shy Guy. Rosalina ate Diddy Kong.

the current Mario, Luigi, Daisy and Peach are the baby versions from MK wii grown up, Funky Kong lost his funk and hasn't recovered. King Boo has vanished in search of his old DD partner Petey Piranha.

And i've only just noticed that the fake item isn't in this game, gone are the days of dropping it into an actual item patch and chortling at the victim, it was a Toad's Turnpike staple that one.

I don't know but I just was thinking that since it's that anniversary of Zelda, Wind Waker Link could be a special character and instead of saying anything when he hits jumps, the sound could play when you solve a puzzle.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Aside from communities, the fact that the 3DS has not been hacked into oblivion
RIP Homebrew and region-free
probably means online hacking in random matches will be toned down.

methodman

Banned
Shouldn't we hide the Mario kart GAF community codes in email code so only GAF members could use it?

I forgot how it works though, lol. It's when you hit quote on someone's post and it shows an email or password that is hidden to any non GAF member

Top Bottom