• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Goldrusher

001_banner2hn49.jpg

“Things are just getting started.”

-- Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc.

000_line26lq4.jpg

000_line26lq4.jpg

001_newsqeof.png

official website | Yamauchi on Twitter

2010/11/23 ... Patch 1.01 (unlocks online racing)
2010/11/26 ... Patch 1.02 (mostly bug fixes)
2010/11/29 ... Get yourself a free ChromeLine Jaguar XJ13 - worth 20 million! - through this Facebook-game (EU store & PAL game only)
2010/12/07 ... Patch 1.03 (online mechanical damage)
2010/12/20 ... Patch 1.05 (online money & xp, more money offline, new events, HUD can be disabled, save file can be copied, etc)
2011/02/18 ... Patch 1.06 (tons of little fixes, Remote Races & GT Anywhere, PP points online, etc.)
2011/02/18 ... Patch 1.07 (friends leaderboards, cars worth 1 million ore more cannot be gifted anymore)
2011/03/10 ... Patch 1.08 (bug fixes)
2011/02/18 ... Patch 1.09 (bug fixes)
2011/06/08 ... Patch 1.10 (ton of improvements + new helmets & overalls)
2011/08/31 ... Patch 1.11 (bug fixes)
2011/10/11 ... Patch 2.xx

New cars & tracks in October 2011.

000_line26lq4.jpg

006_help4x3t.png

Trophies

Guides

New to Gran Turismo ?

If you're new to Gran Turismo, start by earning a License and do some Special Events. That way, you'll earn lots of money and even free cars to get you started in the actual race events.

Keep coming back to the Licenses and Special Events, as you'll unlock more.
And don't forget B-spec, where you can play team director.​

000_line26lq4.jpg

006_faqmbau.png

Why can't I find <insert car> in the Dealership ?
Check the official car list.
Only premium cars (P) can be bought new from the Dealership. Standard cars (S) can only be found at the Used Dealership. The selection of used cars changes every in-game day. Load up some events (includes license tests) to speed up the time.​

What cars can get a Race Mod ?
Check the official car list and look for "RM". Simply buy the non-RM model and have it modified at GT Auto.​

000_line26lq4.jpg

006_toswagc.png

Only discuss Gran Turismo 5. First and final warning.​

So this Gaf whoretruck I keep asking about; anyone know where it is? For the life of me I cannot seem to find a truck in the used car lot!
Pretty please can someone help?!

Xater

We are at OT2 already? Fuck....

evil_as_skeletor said:
So this Gaf whoretruck I keep asking about; anyone know where it is? For the life of me I cannot seem to find a truck in the used car lot!
Pretty please can someone help?!

Do the international A license, get a truck.

dwebo

I wonder if you can actually zoom out that far and take a similar picture to the OT banner.

lionelhutz said:
Is there a change log for the most recent GT5 patch?
Mechanical damage, possibly improved shadows - both online only

TTG

Hey guy! Are you looking to kill some Le Mans prototypes, but hate staring at that standard POS Toyota you won? Why don't you get yourself a Corvette, Z06 or the ZR1 will do. 95k for the car, 185(or so) for the race conversion and toss in another 30-50k for engine upgrades and a small chunk for soft racing tires. And here you thought the C6 was getting long in the tooth, you thought it was passed by the new wave of GTRs and Viper ACRs. You silly goose! The Vette is the real deal.

5240601165_e7c9df2c34_b.jpg

Now that's something a Zonda R doesn't want to see in the rear view mirror(huh hoh, it doesn't have one!)

Ploid 3.0

TTG said:
Hey guy! Are you looking to kill some Le Mans prototypes, but hate staring at that standard POS Toyota you won? Why don't you get yourself a Corvette, Z06 or the ZR1 will do. 95k for the car, 185(or so) for the race conversion and toss in another 30-50k for engine upgrades and a small chunk for soft racing tires. And here you thought the C6 was getting long in the tooth, you thought it was passed by the new wave of GTRs and Viper ACRs. You silly goose! The Vette is the real deal.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5089/5240601165_e7c9df2c34_b.jp

Now that's something a Zonda R doesn't want to see in the rear view mirror(huh hoh, it doesn't have one!)[/QUOTE]

Da troof :D

OT2 in 3 weeks not bad , got play some online tonight to try out the new patch .
Was grinding and getting cars not play online in a while.

Nice to see the mechanical damage finally make it's way in. I know many people were upset this didn't exist but that's one less thing they can hate on. Good on PD to keep supporting this game, as if there was any doubt considering the demos/prologue etc etc.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TTG said:

Now that's something a Zonda R doesn't want to see in the rear view mirror(huh hoh, it doesn't have one!)

doesn't work on the indy superspeedway in b-spec. Nothing can beat those fuckers.

TTG said:

[ig]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5089/5240601165_e7c9df2c34_b.jpg[/img]

I don't know about the Z06, but the ZR1 definitely isn't that cheap to race mod or buy. The car itself costs over 100k and the race mod will cost 385k. I recently had to buy it, and it definitely does what you say. Although the LMP cars are still a nightmare to hold off. The other cars on track, like the Ford GT, are easy to destroy in that championship though.

TTG

SolidSnakex said:
I don't know about the Z06, but the ZR1 definitely isn't that cheap to race mod or buy. The car itself costs over 100k and the race mod will cost 385k. I recently had to buy it, and it definitely does what you say. Although the LMP cars are still a nightmare to hold off. The other cars on track, like the Ford GT, are easy to destroy in that championship though.

Z06 is considerably cheaper, don't remember the exact price for the race conversion, but it certainly wasn't 385k. The thing about the all star race is there are no retries... which blows. One spin and you can kiss that leg of the race goodbye. It would be nice to see one of the AI cars take a spin, but that will never happen. On the plus side, the vette is incredibly easy to drive and if you DON'T spin, you will stay ahead of them. I won 3 out of 5 races, which was enough.

Metalmurphy said:
I'm raging over the the Eiger track in B-Spec. Why is my pilot so afraid to freaking overtake!

ARGHHHHHHH
My B-Spec driver won his first race on Eiger in a tuned Stingray and even then it was very close. Good luck.

TTG said:
Z06 is considerably cheaper, don't remember the exact price for the race conversion, but it certainly wasn't 385k. The thing about the all star race is there are no retries... which blows. One spin and you can kiss that leg of the race goodbye. It would be nice to see one of the AI cars take a spin, but that will never happen. On the plus side, the vette is incredibly easy to drive and if you DON'T spin, you will stay ahead of them. I won 3 out of 5 races, which was enough.

Yeah, there's definitely a big gap in price there. What's the end HP like for the Z06? The ZR1 that I have is nearing 900HP with all of its upgrades.

brotkasten said:
My B-Spec driver won his first race on Eiger in a tuned Stingray and even then it was very close. Good luck.

I gave him a Tuned Buick 62' Special with 800 BHP and he still can't win :lol

offshore said:
I'm raging over the fact the refurb PS3 Sony sent me keeps fucking freezing, so I can't play GT5 :|

Sorry to hear that man :/ You should back up ur HDD

Regarding new Twitter updates, it realy would be good to get some concrete info IF we are getting new events for GT Mode. Need to do something with those 300bhp cars!

KennyLinder said:
Regarding new Twitter updates, it realy would be good to get some concrete info IF we are getting new events for GT Mode. Need to do something with those 300bhp cars!

Kaz has confirmed that we will. That will also include new Special Events.

Kaz made a couple of new tweets, if I understood them correctly GT Anywhere will be available early next year, and using your created tracks online "Coming soon"

Elios83

So the mechanical damage is just for online and there is no sensitivity setting for cosmetical damage in offline mode? :/

TTG

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, there's definitely a big gap in price there. What's the end HP like for the Z06? The ZR1 that I have is nearing 900HP with all of its upgrades.

866hp(put a couple of hundred miles on it, oil change) 1090kg. Gonna convert my TVR next. I just wish I had some race to enter it in.

Double D

Had a dead PS3, so I bought a new slim and GT5 last night. Finally seeing what all the 'UI is garbage, driving is glorious' talk was all about. I don't necessarily hate the UI, but man they made some funky decisions here. Just simple things like, 'Hey, you want to race this event, but you aren't in an appropriate car." At that point just dump me into my garage, ffs. Or maybe just if I jam circle enough, just back out of the menu I'm in instead of moving my cursor to the 'back out' button. Anyways, I'm sure this has been done already, so I won't dwell.

The game itself is pretty much everything I expected. Silvering a few of the license tests, mostly getting bronze. Realizing I prefer playing with the d-pad instead of the stick. The challenge stuff is pretty neat. Zombie Jeff Gordon is as awesome as I had hoped. VW bus challenge can eat a pile of dicks.

One thing I have to say is, holy shit at the kart racing. I really enjoy what I've tried so far. Kind of seems like there isn't much to it, (no different karts; is there even a kart mode outside of special events?) but I like what they've thrown at me thus far.

Top Bottom