• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

Viewt

Just an FYI, they also had one of these Nintendo Worlds in 2006. Also, around the same time, they'll be at CES here in the States. So I imagine both shows will probably have similar stuff on hand.

So, I guess this is when the 3DS news floodgates will finally open? For real this time? They kinda have to, with the JP launch approaching. I really thought there would be much more in the way of announcements, previews, etc. after September 29th than there have been, but I suppose that might just be a consequence of the launch being delayed into next year.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I fully expect the floodgates to open after this, it's after the holiday season of course.

I wish I could go. Anyone want to go for me :p (Serious)

Netto-kun

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I want to see:

-OOT remake
u21rP.jpg
Hpf36.jpg

ZBqDd.jpg
GzHbo.jpg

Unless you meant new info. ?_?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I want to see:

-NEW! Mario 3DS
-NEW! Zelda 3DS
-OOT remake
-MM remake

With all due respect, they're going to show the launch lineup. It includes one of those four games. They're not going to be showing 2012 releases. That's not the point of this event.

swerve

Viewt said:
Just an FYI, they also had one of these Nintendo Worlds in 2006. Also, around the same time, they'll be at CES here in the States. So I imagine both shows will probably have similar stuff on hand.

Isn't their CES presence just for meetings and such? No US 3DS hands-on event yet.

Stumpokapow said:
With all due respect, they're going to show the launch lineup. It includes one of those four games. They're not going to be showing 2012 releases. That's not the point of this event.

I know. Just wishful thinking. :(

But seriously, I'm still imagining what some of the other areas in OOT remake will look like. Jabu-Jabu remade should be awesome. :O

gerg

swerve said:
Isn't their CES presence just for meetings and such? No US 3DS hands-on event yet.

Indeed. Their presence at CES was misreported.

Anyway, I'll definitely try and make this event. It should be good.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just saw it on adriansang.
We already knew about next month's Nintendo World 2011 event, where 3DS will make its worldwide public playable debut. Today, Nintendo finalized details on the event, sharing a list of playable titles and a stage program, and also detailed additional demo opportunities for the system.

As previously detailed, Nintendo World will be held from 1/8 to 1/10 at the Makuhari Messe convention center just outside of Tokyo. It will mark the first time the 3DS has gone playable for the general public.

Playable titles include:

* Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D The Naked Sample (auto demo)
* Winning Eleven 3D Soccer
* Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
* Resident Evil Revelations
* Samurai Warriors Chronicle
* Dead or Alive Dimensions
* Ridge Racer 3D
* Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
* Nintendogs + Cats
* Kid Icarus
* Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
* Steel Diver
* Pilot Wings Resort
* AR Games
* Nintendo 3DS Camera

Titles to be shown in video form include:

* Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D The Naked Sample (auto demo)
* Winning Eleven 3D Soccer
* Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
* Resident Evil Revelations
* Samurai Warriors Chronicle
* Dead or Alive Dimensions
* Ridge Racer 3D
* Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
* Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
* Super Monkey Ball 3D
* Kingdom Hearts 3D
* Gundam The 3D Battle
* Tales of the Abyss
* One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP
* Cubic Ninja
* Tobidasu Puzzle Bobble 3D
* Pro Baseball Famisuta 2011
* Animal Resort
* Xevious
* 3D Beauty Cock
* Nintendogs + Cats
* Kid Icarus
* Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
* Steel Diver
* Pilot Wings Resort
* Star Fox 64 3D
* Paper Mario
* Animal Crossing
* Mario Kart
* AR Games
* Mii Plaza

Nintendo will also host stage programs at the event. These will be broadcast live at the Nintendo home page. For a schedule, see this page.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/28/3ds_demo_events_detailed/

So which lucky Gaffers will attend ?

farnham

Banned
damn ill be at korea at that exact time

oh well i have the gsl 2011 to visit
cw_sasuke said:
Just saw it on adriansang.

So which lucky Gaffers will attend ?
if shit gets real in sk i will cancel my flight and go to this

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
cvxfreak said:
*raises hand*
Nice, cant wait for your impressions. This will be your first time with the 3ds right ?

Gunloc said:
No playable Paper Mario demo? ;_;

I hope that doesn't mean that it's still a ways off.
Its just too awesome to be played and it would take away the attention from smaller games like zelda or resident evil.

Vook is going. I would go too but it's not worth racking up the debt when the system itself will cost a pretty penny.

Also...3D Beauty Cock? Japan is weird...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
^ My brother and I are going, yup.

Very excited. (First time in Japan too).

Developers going to be there too, interesting.

edit: No Starfox playable :(

Wait, Starfox 64 isn't playable but Kid Icarus and OoT are? That's weird!

Starfox was playable at E3, while OoT and Kid Icarus were video only. Now they've swapped around!

I wonder if SF64 is having development troubles...

Jackano

Nuclear Muffin said:
Wait, Starfox 64 isn't playable but Kid Icarus and OoT are? That's weird!

Starfox was playable at E3, while OoT and Kid Icarus were video only. Now they've swapped around!

I wonder if SF64 is having development troubles...

It isn't likely having development problems. For me, this means OoT 3D and Kid Icarus (and all other playable games, and the whole point of the event in fact) are really going to be launch titles or launch window titles.

Father_Brain said:
Why is Revelations playable but not Mercenaries, considering that the latter is closer to completion?

That's a good point, maybe they thought that RE Revelations was a stronger showpiece for the system?

If that's the case, then maybe Starfox 64 is closer to completion than the other games after all!

Edit: There's some new info on parental controls too!

The event page says that children under six will not be allowed to demo the games at the event in 3D due to the possibility of long term adverse affects on vision development. Nintendo notes that this is a concern not for the 3DS alone, but for 3D visuals in general. The parental controls on the 3DS hardware allow parents to restrict 3D output.

Interesting that you can actually restrict the use of 3D as well. I wonder if these health fears will influence games that are aimed at a younger audience?

Top Bottom