• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Nintendo announced the beginning of a brand new Pokémon generation: Generation VI. And with it, two new Pokémon games: Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Here is the logo.

iRFXebCgLmopd.png

The games were announced by Satoru Iwata via a special Pokémon themed Nintendo Direct. You can watch the complete event, about eleven minutes in length, including game details and footage on Youtube here. Includes a little retrospective on the series, too.

Not a whole lot is known about Pokémon X and Y, but here's what we've got:

• Three new starters: Fennekin (Fire), Froakie (Water), and Chespin (Grass).
  • Two new legendaries: Xerneas (ZURR-nee-us), the rainbow stag and Yveltal (ee-VELL-tal), the crimson eagle.
  • First Pokémon to be rendered mostly fully in polygonal 3D. This includes the player character and environments, explorable in 3D.
  • Battles are now in 3D, so no more sprites. 3D animations of course.
  • For the first time ever, Pokémon X and Y are scheduled for a global launch this October. At the very least including Japan, the US, the UK, and Australia.
  • New region suspected to be based on France. See below.

Iwata has also emphasised something about bonding, growing stronger, etc. So I dunno, expect online/StreetPass stuff I guess.

Here are the three new starters: Fennekin, Froakie, and Chespin.

fennekin.png
froakie.png
chespin.png

And here are the two legendaries:

yNXtX.jpg

Some of the evidence, from the trailer, suggesting the location for the two new games is based in France.

tumblr_mgfiv5IsW41r2w685o1_1280.png

I don’t know what’s crazier - The fact that Nintendo finally announced a different looking main Pokemon game or the fact that people actually still give a shit about Pokemon.

Aeana

I think it looks pretty nice, honestly.

I don’t know what’s crazier - The fact that Nintendo finally announced a different looking main Pokemon game or the fact that people actually still give a shit about Pokemon.
The crazy thing is that it's releasing simultaneously.

Super hype for a 3DS Pokemon, but the graphics/animation they showed off looked roooooough, the overworld stuff especially.

I'm a bit sad about the music because it clearly sounded like a Kageyama export, but this product makes everything worth it!

The Masuda bomb delivered!

Kokonoe

Banned
I laugh at all you who thought it would be sprites! Bwahahaha! I laugh so much I die! then revive! then die! then revive! Oh gosh, this materia won't stop reviving me! BWAHAHAHA.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can't fucking wait! The starters look meh, but that legendary (?) with antlers looked awesome. Full 3D is awesome, though I don't like the art style so much. I feel like it could have been translated into 3D better, but I'll wait and see.

Gonna buy a 3DS XL for this.

Edit : Oh god, those X/Y logos look terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom