• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Concept Art Analysis - IGN [360/PS3/"Future Gen", No Port Whining]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki

New news - new thread...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9917841/destiny_concept_art_analysis/

and in case it goes down (Thanks kami_sama):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9mwahvarj6d0mc/[From www.metacafe.com] 9917841.25920461.4.mp4

Some info extracted from the video:

- PS3 / 360 / "Future generation Technology"
- FPS
- Always connected "mmoish" - no subscription fee
- At least 3 classes: Hunter (Sniper), Warlock (Magic - maybe pets as well), Titan (looks like an assault class)
- City on Earth as a social hub
- Mars and Earth Moon as visitable Locations
- "Space Zombies"

hyTyQpf.png

Higher res:
112824.jpg

112822.jpg

112820.jpg

112815.jpg

112814.jpg

112813.jpg

112810.jpg

112809.jpg

112808.jpg

112807.jpg

112806.jpg

Album:

Elixist

so ps3 for sure huh, interesting, thought it might be time xclusive or somethin. probably will look best on 360 tho, but im not payin for live, maybe its on pc would like to get it on that.

Coolwhip

Banned
Really curious how this turns out. Halo was a decent series, but in terms of story, characters, level design and so on it didn't do anything impressive. Is the reveal today?

I hope this isn't the entire reveal, I want to see some actual gameplay footage. Concept art is nice, but it's about time they lifted the curtain and allowed us a look at what they've been working on these last few years.

IHaveIce

Banned
I hope this isn't the entire reveal, I want to see some actual gameplay footage. Concept art is nice, but it's about time they lifted the curtain and allowed us a look at what they've been working on these last few years.

You can expect something bigger from Bungie than concept art I believe.

PaulloDEC

Really loving the look of this, it's putting me in mind of the original Star Wars trilogy a bit. Lots of great looking locales (I'm a huge sucker for pretty vistas like the one with the citadel there) and the kinda mage + cowboy + future soldier look is really doing it for me.

Bittercup

Really curious how this turns out. Halo was a decent series, but in terms of story, characters, level design and so on it didn't do anything impressive. Is the reveal today?
Yes today in less than 6 hours.

I'm really curious. Never bothered with the game before but the concept art indeed looks interesting :)

Cartman86

Banned
Looks like we're not going to see shit from the event the press went to this last week. They probably saw gameplay, but Bungie isn't going to unveil footage yet. Maybe on their own website?

GavinGT

Banned
The embargo ends in just under six hours. It's presented in a "ViDoc" format, so expect a 5-8 minute video containing in-engine footage and Bungie people talking into a camera.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks like we're not going to see shit from the event the press went to this last week. They probably saw gameplay, but Bungie isn't going to unveil footage yet. Maybe on their own website?

Well theres always the chance gameplay footage shows up on the 20th :p

But yeah bummer if there isnt any showing up today.

I am mildly excited for this.

Won

Art looks good enough. Now to turn that into a decent looking "mmoish" game on current gen consoles....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom