• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

duckroll

The original OT has grown too large, please continue discussion in this new one. The original thread can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350591

The original OP follows below.

MAIN_INFO.jpg

COVER_ART.jpg

SCREENS.jpg

BACK.jpg

PRESS.jpg

CHAR.jpg

Haeleos

I love this game so much. My game of the year so far, even though it came out last year. Can't wait to see what Project Dark looks like. I think I'll go play right now, actually...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow the new OP, or was the original one like that :lol

Canova

Banned
No! No! No! Why did you do this duckroll?

At least you can give us warning so we can pay tribute to the legendary, longest active thread

DemiMatt

JUST IN TIME! I just bought this game due to the Amazon lightning deal, gonna play tonight hopefully. Planning on rolling a Royalty or A Templar Knight. That is unless gaf convinces me otherwise.

Mindlog

DemiMatt said:
JUST IN TIME! I just bought this game due to the Amazon lightning deal, gonna play tonight hopefully. Planning on rolling a Royalty or A Templar Knight. That is unless gaf convinces me otherwise.

Amazon is the anti-christ to my productivity. I'm pretty sure I know who I'm rolling with to start.

DemiMatt said:

Nope, those are both great choices. Just make sure you spend your first few soul levels to increase magic and pick up the soul arrow. VERY useful in the early game.

Tucah

you speak so well
I plan on starting this again sometime today. I had bought it back in January or so, hated it, and never touched the game again. I need to give it another try.

DemiMatt

weekend_warrior said:
Nope, those are both great choices. Just make sure you spend your first few soul levels to increase magic and pick up the soul arrow. VERY useful in the early game.

Good to know thanks. I just chose them because I like using pole arms, and I forget why the Royal, but it sparked my interest.

Amazon is the anti-christ to my productivity. I'm pretty sure I know who I'm rolling with to start.

Seriously, all these games ive been wanting are now coming 20 bucks, so wo0o!

Firehead

The true Demon's Souls starts here.

Question - They're not planning on cutting the servers off any time soon, right? I've had this game quite a while now, and I've yet to try the real online aspect of the game.

Canova

Banned
Firehead said:
The true Demon's Souls starts here.

Question - They're not planning on cutting the servers off any time soon, right? I've had this game quite a while now, and I've yet to try the real online aspect of the game.

Eventhough, it's already a bit late, servers have slowed down. Newcomers are definitely missing out on the full Demon's Souls experience

Happy to see this amazing game became this popular. I need to start playing this again. I got a slim recently to replace my fat ps3 and haven't gotten around to making a new character. I only got up to 2-3 or so overall I never made it too far so I shouldn't be too worried. No idea what class I want to be though. As opposed to the knight which I first chose, I think I may want something that utilizes magic more.

Man, THIS GAME... it is GLORIOUS!!!! Real excited to hear it's getting a sequel of sorts. Also, on a related note, has TGS been effin golden this year or what.

oracrest

canova said:
No! No! No! Why did you do this duckroll?

At least you can give us warning so we can pay tribute to the legendary, longest active thread

Yeah, kind of sad to see the great monument fall....

Coldsnap

Im fascinated by this game.

Anyone have any tips for a beginning Temple Knight? I killed phalanx and working through 2-1 with a spear.

Coldsnap said:

Anyone have any tips for a beginning Temple Knight? I killed phalanx and working through 2-1 with a spear.

4-1. Crescent falchion behind the red eye katana wielder. Don't fight him, just roll past and mash X to pick-up the falchion.

Coldsnap

BaronLundi said:
4-1. Crescent falchion behind the red eye katana wielder. Don't fight him, just roll past and mash X to pick-up the falchion.

Cool, I will make a mad dash for it. Should I be putting my stuff into Faith so when I get blessed weapons? Is this the best build for Temple Knight?

oracrest

Coldsnap said:

I played through as either the Temple Knight, or Knight, I don't remember. Whichever one starts with the armor of the guy on the cover.

I played through using bow and arrow, long sword, and spear.

My tips would be: Whenever truly stuck, try switching to two handed weapon style, rather than sword/shield, and see what that does for you. Master the dodge! If you time it right, you are totally invulnerable to most attacks when dodge jumping. It is also a move that is available to you very soon after attacking. Many times, with my playthrough, it was a choice between dodging correctly, and getting hit. There was no time to recover and block with shield. This helped a lot with enemies with long reaching melee attacks, like Tower Knight. Get real familiar with enemy attacks timing. Falling back, but dropping your shield will recharge your stamina much faster, and allow you to block more readily. It has saved my ass tons of times. Often, an enemy will totally dominate you unless you know the secret tricks to getting your stamina back up ASAP!

Zzoram

Kuran said:
So after March 2011 you can no longer play DS online?

That is rather lame..

Hopefully Project Dark will come soon after that, and pick up the whole Demon's Souls community and then some.

bunbun777

dreamer3kx said:
Anybody have any recommendations on which worlds to go through in order?

1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, 3-3, 5-2, 5-3, 1-3, 1-4.

This works if you want to suicide and do black/white tendencies in one run. Also you can get the bow and kill the red dragon early, also get the blessed mace +1 in 5-1 before entering 4-1.

I only have about 6 more weapons to improve to get my plat, once you get over the first new game+, it gets easier imo.

bunbun777 said:
1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, 3-3, 5-2, 5-3, 1-3, 1-4.

This works if you want to suicide and do black/white tendencies in one run. Also you can kill the red dragon early and get the bow, also get the blessed mace +1 in 5-1 before entering 4-1.

I only have about 6 more weapons to improve to get my plat, once you get over the first new game+, it gets easier imo.

Ah, thanks man, will try this order.

Facism

bah ducksu, in the previous thread i had asked if anyone knew of a guide i could use to get through the game with no hassles.

Anyone? :p There are 2 guides on gamefaqs but one is a pvp guide and the other one is a bit dodgy :eek:

Broseybrose

Coldsnap said:
Cool, I will make a mad dash for it. Should I be putting my stuff into Faith so when I get blessed weapons? Is this the best build for Temple Knight?
YES.

FAI, END, and VIT are crucial for Temple Knight (my fav class). END and VIT more so in the beginning.

STR and DEX should only go as high as you need to equip the weapons/shields you want to use. Dont forget about the two-hand STR bonus when leveling STR.

Dont touch MAG or LUC.

Id say use a dragon weapon or that crescent falchion for the first half of the game or so, until you can build some really sweet blessed weapons.

Get the Second Chance miracle as quickly as possible. (requires a demon's soul - forget which)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Finally going to be picking up this game soon. Are there any noob guides out there?

Coldsnap

Broseybrose said:
YES.

FAI, END, and VIT are crucial for Temple Knight (my fav class). END and VIT more so in the beginning.

STR and DEX should only go as high as you need to equip the weapons/shields you want to use. Dont forget about the two-hand STR bonus when leveling STR.

Dont touch MAG or LUC.

Id say use a dragon weapon or that crescent falchion for the first half of the game or so, until you can build some really sweet blessed weapons.

Get the Second Chance miracle as quickly as possible. (requires a demon's soul - forget which)

Awesome thanks so much. One question, what does END play into for the Temple Knight?

methane47

I was half way through world 5 when my PS3 decided to not read blurays anymore..

I put 50+ hours into that game..

and Save file is System locked..

I have not played the game since....

that happened in February

ksamedi

Bought a copy a week ago and still haven't opened it. I'm expecting an involving non casual game experience so I'm waiting for some free time before I start with this one. I can't wait though.

Broseybrose

Coldsnap said:
Awesome thanks so much. One question, what does END play into for the Temple Knight?
END - 40 is max stamina. You can swing X amount of times at an opponent before stopping to let your stamina regen. Higher stamina = more swings.

END does many other important things like archnemesis mentioned. Most important stat for a melee character, i believe.

Top Bottom