• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Skyward Sword Spoiler Thread: Retelling the Legend without the black bars

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Obviously, if you do not want to get heavily spoiled, than you should stay away from this thread.

So yes, I've finished Skyward Sword last night and I would like to discuss various things about the game without the bother of using and seeing black bars all over the place. Do you share the same sentiment? Then feel free to participate :)

Freely discuss everything about Skyward Sword here from the story, characters, gameplay mechanics, bosses, secrets, and such, no spoiler tags necessary!

Some space below to help those, who for some reason, may perhaps clicking this thread by accident.

For starters, how do you guys feel about the story/ending and how it correlates to other games in the series?

For refreshers:

APGhz.jpg

g66ZG.jpg

Qgy9a.jpg

j8nMF.jpg

ddwVf.jpg

Judging from the fact that a red loftwing becomes a symbol for the Royal Family of Hyrule, I guess it's safe to assume that Skyward Sword's Link and Zelda are the ones creating the Royal Family?

9zGkv.jpg

It may also correlates to how OoT's Zelda saying that the name Link is familiar to her.

Aeana

The only real comment I have is that fighting The Imprisoned so many times angered me greatly. Especially since it has such a boring design and the fight barely changed (oooh he can fly now, whatever).

Well that and I guess the ending didn't really do much for me. I assume that Demise's real form is supposed to be some sort of proto-Ganondorf or something since he looked kinda similar and what he said about how his blood will live forever or whatever gives the multiple reincarnations of Ganon/Ganondorf some sort of backing. But I've never really cared for any of the timeline stuff.

I haven't cared for the timeline stuff, but my biggest freak out moment was when Link got the Triforce of Wisdom on the back of his hand after Level 5 - Sandship.

Something I don't understand is that Link had to physically get the real Triforce after that. I thought the marks on the back of your hand meant that you actually had the Triforce.

I agree 100% with Aeana's post, actually.

Anth0ny

I would have shit bricks if it ended here:

APGhz.jpg

and picked up here:

Sleeping_Zelda.png

Seriously, that was all I could think about during that scene. Obviously, you're not even halfway through the game at that point and it's pretty clear that you would save Zelda by the end... but imagine if you didn't. God damn.

psy18

I thought when you get the triforce and wish for demise's demise, that means no more demise after that point.

SS's ending is the ending of the whole zelda universe.

The other series are just in between.

heh

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The only real comment I have is that fighting The Imprisoned so many times angered me greatly. Especially since it has such a boring design and the fight barely changed (oooh he can fly now, whatever).

Well that and I guess the ending didn't really do much for me. I assume that Demise's real form is supposed to be some sort of proto-Ganondorf or something since he looked kinda similar and what he said about how his blood will live forever or whatever gives the multiple reincarnations of Ganon/Ganondorf some sort of backing. But I've never really cared for any of the timeline stuff.

Yeah fighting the Imprisoned multiple times is quite annoying indeed, although for what it's worth the battle of his second form was very tense for me.

And I was rather disappointed with the whole Demise thing too. Incredibly corny name, and it's like... he was just... there.

Yeah fighting the Imprisoned multiple times is quite annoying indeed, although for what it's worth the battle of his second form was very tense for me.

And I was rather disappointed with the whole Demise thing too. Incredibly corny name, and it's like... he was just... there.

"Yeah, fight me whenever you want, if you choose to, okay?" Kinda irked me. lol. Didn't feel like a threat. Just a guy who was there.

He is also really easy to fight, after I got the hang of it. Can beat both forms of him in what I'm pretty sure is literally one minute. lol.

I think Iwata and co were cheating when they said Ganondorf wasn't in the game. That's like me saying Link's not in the game because I decided to name him Hurley.

Another part of the story that I found pretty cool was that Ghirahim became Demise's sword. At one point, I actually mistook him for a "dark Fi" based on the way he looked.
BEST ZELDA GAME EVER MADE!

Skyward Sword didn't leave me with enough tingly "WOW this is so awesome!" moments. It was disappointing to me in that regard, especially when concerning Demise.

Also, there's way too few bosses in the game, and too many bosses repeated. Sadly, the most awesome boss (Ancient Cistern's boss, the one with the weapons you pick up and use) wasn't repeated.

BTW where is the boss rush area? Can't find it.

Hero

Really liked the sequence with Zelda sealing herself in slumber. For a moment I thought that would be the last we see of Zelda for the whole game and it would be a vengeance quest from there on out.

I agree with the sentiments of the Imprisoned being a weak boss to fight three times. First was okay, second one understandable but the third I was just like come on. It's alright though because the Ghirahim were awesome boss battles to fight and as a villain overall he was just so fucking badass. Loved the final confrontation with him.

Overall I had a lot of fun with this game and there are a lot of times when I was literally saying wow out loud because of what was going on, usually the bosses but even the puzzles when I figured them out were rewarding. I think it can rival the highest highs of previous Zelda games but there were still some things I didn't like.

Biggest one was the swimming catching melody tadpoles. Worst point in the game for me. I think if there weren't as many or it were a bit more lenient with the timing between acquiring them it wouldn't have been as bad. I didn't even get the dousing for them until I was practically done, not sure if that's a glitch or everyone else had it happen like that too.

Overall I think I'd give it a 9.5 compared to something like Ocarina of Time where I consider that a 10 out of 10.

Testicle

Banned
Could someone tell me what happens when you talk to the Lanayru dragon in the present? I forgot to check after saving him in the past and I saved over my file with a Hero Mode save after beating the game.

Anth0ny

Could someone tell me what happens when you talk to the Lanayru dragon in the present? I forgot to check after saving him in the past and I saved over my file with a Hero Mode save after beating the game.

yeah what is up with this bullshit? Are you telling me there's no way to keep your file AND start a hero mode save without copying a save over? when the game said your file would get deleted I said fuck that. what is wrong with Nintendo? Didn't Wind Waker have the same problem? ugh.

So zelda's previous name is Hylia..that explains alot. Thats pretty cool.

Whats up with Demise's sword? Is it the dark master sword or something? They never elaborated on that...besides ghirahim being it.

Absol

He just disappears along with his bones. Although, I didn't check thoroughly so he could be chilling somewhere else.

Testicle

Banned
He just disappears along with his bones. Although, I didn't check thoroughly so he could be chilling somewhere else.

Ah, guess that makes sense. If my home turned from a lush, robot-filled wonderland to some barren desert shithole I'd hightail out of there too.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Judging from the fact that a red loftwing becomes a symbol for the Royal Family of Hyrule, I guess it's safe to assume that Skyward Sword's Link and Zelda are the ones creating the Royal Family?
Yep. It also explains why the "humans" in Hyrule are called Hylians (they're the descendants of Hylia).

Oh, and the Sealed Temple being the Temple of Time from OoT was blatantly obvious from the first time it was shown in a trailer.

About the Imprisoned, I took it as one single boss fight with multiple stages. I guess they could have condensed 2 and 3 together or, even better, offered more variety during encounter 3 (dunno, giving him four arms in the third encounter and having him sweep the floor as well as climbing?).

Wurst

What really confused me about the story is the many goddesses.

Zelda is the Goddess Hylia.
Which was sent by the Goddess
oh yeah, and the three Goddesses before her created the Triforce

What the fuck is going on with that?

Other then that I really enjoyed the story of the beginning. My mind was blown by the Red Bird Emblem earlier. Never thought of that, nice.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
What really confused me about the story is the many goddesses.

Zelda is the Goddess Hylia.
Which was sent by the Goddess
oh yeah, and the three Goddesses before her created the Triforce

What the fuck is going on with that?

Other then that I really enjoyed the story of the beginning. My mind was blown by the Red Bird Emblem earlier. Never thought of that, nice.
Hylia is the Goddess. It's just her and the three Goddesses.

Fun fact: I posted this on October 10th:

What if the fourth Goddess was the Skyloft one? Complete (and borderline insane) speculation, of course.

F6zWA.jpg

Going by the structure of the underworld, Skyloft seems to be the missing triangle in the middle of the Triforce. If we assume each of the three regions represents one piece of the triforce (and one color/goddess), is it too far-fetched to imagine Skyloft represents a fourth, missing piece with a fourth, yet unnamed goddess?
Except Lanayru having the color yellow (and the thunder element) for some reason, that's a pretty big I CALLED IT ;p

Wurst

Oh yes, thanks for clearing that up!
Would make sense that Hylia was forgotten over time as she was bound to a human body over the centuries.

I bet Lanayru got the yellow color because a blue column wouldn't stand out in the blue sky.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Oh yes, thanks for clearing that up!
Would make sense that Hylia was forgotten over time as she was bound to a human body over the centuries.

I bet Lanayru got the yellow color because a blue column wouldn't stand out in the blue sky.
Maybe they came up with the desert area first, and thought the color blue wouldn't have made a lot of sense there. So they kind of mixed the usual water element with the Faron region and made Faron a water dragon (a bit weird as well).

Arc07

Instantly charging a Skyward Strike in Hero Mode once you obtain the True Master Sword is crazy. Too bad I hardly use it still.

I said in another thread I don't think Demise is meant to BE Ganondorf... I think he is the evil from which all other evil in the Zelda universe draws power. His hate is ever-living. Ganondorf was a thief. The Nightmare is ethereal. Majora is the physical manifestation of a curse. Vaati was a magician. None of these refer to any knowledge of Demise as Zelda does of Hylia in this game. So I don't think any of them are the same person... I do think that they manifest his hate, and perhaps they fall under his influence or draw on his power.

I got a kick out of having a story for Hylia, as it makes sense that there would then be regions named after her... that the land ruled by Zelda's descendents would become known as Hyrule and the people - as Hylians. It would be interesting to see a Zelda story that delves back even further and teach us more about Farore, Din and Nayru -- whether they were Gods that pre-dated Hylia or whether they were once of the same time - much like the old Gods of Olympus. Desire refers to Hylia's "previous form" as more glorious... imagine a world in which we could see the old Titans of Hyrule.

This game is FULL of intentional tributes, easter eggs, marks of tradition and coincidences. I'd like to see someone compile the full list because there are many...

• "It's a secret to everybody" from the original LoZ is said in the game

• Headmaster Gaepora = the name of the owl from Ocarina, he even says "Hoo hoo" at one point.

• The swirly sword beam has returned! The sword beam isn't in every game... it has been in various games -- sword shaped in LoZ, AoL, LA, the Oracle games, FSA, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. The Skyward Strike resembles the more crescent circular beams of Link to the Past and Majora's Mask.

• Beedle and Vine / Rope swinging return from Wind Waker. Your loftwing is crimson red like the King of Red Lions, it's just that the sky is your sea.

• The travelling Goron returns too, and he's a bit of a history researcher - as the character Shad was in Twilight Princess.

• Lanyru Desert features sea-faring, pirates and a pirate ship! Sound familiar?

• Fi beckons you from your room at night to the local landmark, as Zelda does telepathically in Link to the Past.

• You push a particular grave to find Kukiel, which evokes moments of grave pushing for gaining entry to new areas or items in the original LoZ, Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.

• There is a Tingle doll in Zelda's bedroom. You can see it by entering from the roof or by peeking through the wall in Karane's room. While you're in the vents of the roof, you can also perv on Headmaster Gaepora having a Bath... which reminded me of watching Meryl do sit ups in Metal Gear Solid actually, I was equally turned on!

• The Fortune Teller recalls the various Fortune Tellers who have appeared in Link to the Past, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess.

• Batreaux - the guy who wants your gratitude crystals is a sort of friendly monster. I don't think it's a coincidence that he resembles a bat or that his name is a play on the word -- there was a similar friendly monster who upgraded your magic meter in Link to the Past, who was of course - a bat.

• Links underwater spin attack is remeniscint of the abilities bestowed upon him by the Zora mask in Majora's Mask

• The stealth section at Eldin Volcano recalls the Gerudo and Forsaken Fortresses from Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker respectively.

• Obviously the tear hunts were present in Twilight Princess. As was the ability to move and transport things... in Twilight Princess you used Midna's teleporting ability, in Skyward Sword you use Scrapper.

• The Lumpy Pumpkin's music evokes shades of Lon Lon Ranch.

• Shaking things from trees, walls and chandeliers by running / rolling into them -- we've been doing it since the Book of Mudora baby!

• Link actually makes a wish to the Triforce, something he last did in LTTP I believe

• Impa was previously in Zelda games as an old woman (Zelda 1 and Zelda 2) and as a Shiekah (Ocarina of Time). This game manages to make her both! Clever!

• Zelda casts herself into a deep sleep in the past in order to help hold the seal on demise, and she rests in sleep for thousands of years - recalling her long slumber in the Adventure of Link.

I'd like to expand the list, because I know there are more.

I love the way the game alludes to changes in geography over generations. A great sea becoming Lanayru Desert. Robots becoming rubble. Dragons becoming bones. The final resting place of the Master Sword evokes the resting place of the sword in both Twilight Princess and Link to the Past... in fact if you see the line between those games as linear, you can see Skyward Sword's sealed grounds becoming a temple that crumbles away with time.

I liked how the game played with time generally too, and the fact that there existed Gates of Time and Time Crystals which were harvested. You could believe perhaps that somehow that mystical ore had something to do with why the Master Sword caused the time jumps in Ocarina of Time... the design of the Gates of Time reminded me a lot of the Mirror of Twilight. Again, the design similarities help draw you in to believing that these things exist within a consistent universe...

I'll try and share some more thoughts later. I can't wait to re-play the game and see what else I notice!

Yeah I was surprised Link finally got the whole Triforce for the first time since LttP. It also interested me, because while playing Skyward Sword, I wasn't thinking about the Triforce at all until the Courage showed up on he back of his hand after collecting Din's flame. So it was sort of a nice surprise to me.

Diagol

I was wondering when a thread like this was going to show up. :)

I went into this game knowing absolutely nothing beforehand. I really enjoyed my time playing the game overall, though a few things did irk me quite a bit:

- I HATED how Fi would always explain what to do and how to do it. It just seemed like there was a little too much hand-holding in this game for the puzzles (and she was pretty-much Captain Obvious for me the whole game).
- The text was so slow (even when holding A).
- I don't need to know what an object is after I've collected it quite a few times (see Red Rupee from a chest/rare treasure from a chest/anytime I load the game back up).
- The swordplay for me was a bit wonky at times, and I found myself fighting with the controls more than the actual enemies. A good example of this was the last fight with Demise. I wanted to raise my sword up, but it wouldn't actually happen in the game. I had to recalibrate it everytime I actually managed to raise my sword up, or else it wouldn't raise anymore (and I also hurt my arm a bit during the Ghirahim/Demise fights). Another example would be the 3 headed dragon enemies where you have to hit all 3 heads at once. I would swing from left to right when they are in a straight line, but sometimes my sword would swing bottom left to top right.
- Adding to the swordplay, there was about a 1 second delay for when I was trying to do a stabbing motion. This was annoying with that Scorpion boss when I wanted to stab the middle eye, only to have him hit me before my stab could register.
- Rolling/throwing a bomb was another issue for me. Sometimes I would want to throw a bomb, but it would end up rolling instead. Overall, the controls were the biggest issue for me (and it's a pretty major one in my eyes).
- Too many recurring bosses. Oh my god I HATED the Imprisoned fights. I could handle 1 of them, but the second and third time just aggravated me. I would have loved more variety with the bosses. This is particularly evident when you're doing the boss rush mode.
- Those damn enemies with the electrical weapons that would guard with them....argh!
- The sky itself felt....quite empty to me. Sure there were little islands here and there for opening treasure chests, but I guess I was just expecting there to be more to it. Not only that, but moving around in it is quite slow. I reached a point where I wished I could just drop through any part (red, yellow or green), and then pick and choose where I wanted to land between all 3 regions (instead of being forced to a specific section, depending on which one I went through).
- The game itself felt a little too linear. I like to explore a little more in my Zelda games.
- Why does Hero Mode have to overwrite my save? I'd like to create a new save in Hero Mode. :(

However, the game had some pretty awesome positives going for it:

- The music. All of it. Oh my God thank you SO MUCH for the orchestrated music!!! It's about damn time! And I'm happy they included the main theme in the credits. It made me all giddy inside! Though I'd like to see that song return in an actual overworld sometime. :)
- The story. I really, really enjoyed it and saw it as the beginning to everything. The fact that you actually collected the pieces of the Triforce was really cool.
- The dungeons. Wow. Some of them were just flat-out amazing and I had a blast going through them. The only dungeon I thought was a little boring was the first one (which I expected).
- The puzzles. They were really, really well done (it just sucks that Fi would have to explain almost all of them). My favorite parts had to do with the Timeshift Stones.
- The beetle. That gadget was really cool (especially when upgraded)!
- The fact that you can actually upgrade your equipment. That was a pretty cool surprise for me.
- I never ran out of room in my wallet for rupees because of how many times you can upgrade it!
- I liked the idea of the adventure pouches as well, and you had to pick and choose what types of stuff you wanted to bring.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Zelda II when Zelda was about to be put to sleep. ;)

As for the story - I really liked how we actually got to see some of Zelda's character in the beginning. It made me actually want to see what happened to her. It was also pretty cool how the credits showed her side of what happened to her after she fell. The Ghirahim thing being Demise's sword was pretty interesting and I wasn't expecting that at all.

Speaking of Demise - he's totally the beginning of Ganon, and this is pretty much explained in the ending dialogue with him. Not to mention I heard Ganon's theme right before fighting him.

The old woman being Impa was a bit of a shock for me too (I was expecting her to be a descendant or something) But after thinking about it some more, the hair on the old woman and Impa makes sense now for me.

Anyway, I enjoyed the game overall. I had fun and that's what matters to me! But do I think the game is and deserves 10/10? Nope. Although it was a really fun game to play, there were some pretty serious issues in my opinion that made me a bit frustrated with it at times (see above). They should ask in the beginning of the next game if you're a veteran Zelda player or something (so to not give all the hints away and not explain the same thing over and over again for collectables).

Oh, and the Water Dragon is a huge bi*ch. That was my thought from the first till the last time I had anything to do with her.

Hero

Also for everyone who wants to play Hero mode but not save over their first file just choose the option to not save, go back to the main menu and copy your save file into a different slot and then just go back and beat Demise. Now you have Hero mode file and your first save file copied separately.

It's definitely not the most ideal solution but at least Demise isn't too long of a boss fight.

Diagol

Also for everyone who wants to play Hero mode but not save over their first file just choose the option to not save, go back to the main menu and copy your save file into a different slot and then just go back and beat Demise. Now you have Hero mode file and your first save file copied separately.

It's definitely not the most ideal solution but at least Demise isn't too long of a boss fight.

DAMNIT!! I wish I thought of this sooner!

Anth0ny

Yup, that's what I had to do.

I'll never forget the day I fucking erased my Wind Waker file accidentally... just so I could play in pajamas. Never again.

Hero

Yup, that's what I had to do.

I'll never forget the day I fucking erased my Wind Waker file accidentally... just so I could play in pajamas. Never again.

Haha yeah I remember the pajama thing, holy shit. I would've been pissed.

So anyone else chuckle at Ghirahim's ritual near the end which seemed to be more like him having some kind of victory dance?

Link's swimming spin attack if anything remind me more of Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy as opposed to Zora Link, due to the loss of air when spinning and the small speed increase. Wasn't a fan of the swimming controls at all but the flooded forest section was better than expected and far more controllable since it wasn't really tight confines like the first path to Fetchquest Faron.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Damn, radiohead, I was about to come in here and post that. :p
But, WHAT, there's a Tingle cameo?!

But yeah, I love how subtle this game is as an origin story and 25th Celebration...they didn't pull a MGS4 and try to connect everything, but instead left a lot up to the player's imagination and speculation. And rather than filling the game with obvious references and shouts outs, such as simply orchestrating various classic songs, the nods to other games are done mostly through game-play and situations that evoke classic moments.

- Gratitude Crystals, the result of doing side-quests for people, are similar to Kin Stones in The Minish Cap as well as the Force Gems in Spirit Tracks.
- The Beacons you place on your map, useful especially when navigating the Lanayru Desert quicksand, are similar to the marking feature in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.
- The Bug Catching returns from Link to the Past and Twilight Princess, even using the "bug caught!" sound effect from TP.
- Treasure Collecting returns from Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks.
- The Minish Cap's Mole Mitts and Gust Jar "return" as the Mogma Mitts and Gust Bellows.
- The Bomb Basketball Hoops in the Lanayru area are like the ones leading up to the Fire Dungeon in Wind Waker.
- Levias strongly resembles the Wind Fish, and like the Wind Fish is being tormented by a demon.
- The Silent Realm stealth section, with the guards who chase you, is also inspired by the Ocean King Temple in Phantom Hourglass.

Lanyru Desert features sea-faring, pirates and a pirate ship! Sound familiar?
I thought of the Piratians from the Oracle games, myself.

Fi beckons you from your room at night to the local landmark, as Zelda does telepathically in Link to the Past.
And the segment in Twilight Princess where you follow the Zora Queen's ghost.

Some of these probably weren't intentional, but they brought about nostalgia regardless.

Kai

I thought the game was amazing and a well made origin story of the Master Sword and the gathering of the Triforce to make a "wish" was incredible.

However if I was working on the story - this is what I thought would have made a better connection to the other games and would have loved to see the story play out....

5 Major things I guess:

Sealing the Imprisoned could have been sealing it in the Twilight Realm - instead of just some hole in the ground. Mechanics would have worked the same - however would have made the connection to the twilight realm and the dark interlopers.

Zelda should have remained asleep after - creating the "Legend" of Zelda talked about in Zelda 2 - maybe even making her have a "brother" in Skyloft whom after the Triforce was discovered was also curious about it by the end or desired it - this would set up Zelda 2 even more.

Restoring "Time" or the water back to the southern region of Lanayru desert - this would have made the connection of how Lake Hylia was created - and tied directly to OOT.

Groose - I think that Groose could have been handled so differently. In the beginning he was a bully and if you noticed when he breathed heavily he snorted like a pig. I would have loved if he ended up getting "corrupted" somehow when dealing with the Imprisoned a little bit and ended up settling in the Guerdo desert as the founder of the Guerdo tribe (leading to the eventuality of Gannondorf due to his corruption).

Also - the whole 3 dragons thing could have been tied into three mythical creatures that were the light spirits from Twilight Princess instead - showing continuity there....

Just a few thoughts of how I would have tied somethings together...

ASIS

When all is said and done, I honestly think this game delivered a very unique experience. It wasn't trying to be "epic", it was just substantial.

But anyway, let's talk about Fi. Did your opinion of her change after the ending? I don't know, for me I think I like her even more than Midna TBH. Her farewell was very, very well done.

Madao

Groose - I think that Groose could have been handled so differently. In the beginning he was a bully and if you noticed when he breathed heavily he snorted like a pig. I would have loved if he ended up getting "corrupted" somehow when dealing with the Imprisoned a little bit and ended up settling in the Guerdo desert as the founder of the Guerdo tribe (leading to the eventuality of Gannondorf due to his corruption).

naw mang. Groose is too cool to be a bad guy. he could have his own LEGEND OF GROOSE and defeat all the bad guys with the GROOSENATOR.

also, i'm in the boat of people that thought about Zelda 2 when she was put to sleep for a long time.
i like how Demise's last words would set up the following games making the evil presence there seem as a manifestation of his curse on Link and Zelda and giving an explanation why they end up fighting similar guys all the time (ir very different ones that still happen to cause them problem)

Madao

When all is said and done, I honestly think this game delivered a very unique experience. It wasn't trying to be "epic", it was just substantial.

But anyway, let's talk about Fi. Did your opinion of her change after the ending? I don't know, for me I think I like her even more than Midna TBH. Her farewell was very, very well done.

with the possibility of her returning (she's asleep in the Master Sword after all) i'd like to see her return in some form in the future. best sidekick in a while (only Tatl is better imo)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sealing the Imprisoned could have been sealing it in the Twilight Realm - instead of just some hole in the ground. Mechanics would have worked the same - however would have made the connection to the twilight realm and the dark interlopers.
The dark interlopers were part of the Hyrulean civil war, set to happen hundreds of years after the events of this game. It would have made no sense here.

Zelda should have remained asleep after - creating the "Legend" of Zelda talked about in Zelda 2 - maybe even making her have a "brother" in Skyloft whom after the Triforce was discovered was also curious about it by the end or desired it - this would set up Zelda 2 even more.
The Hylians descending from Zelda/Hylia is a better choice and makes more sense imho.

Restoring "Time" or the water back to the southern region of Lanayru desert - this would have made the connection of how Lake Hylia was created - and tied directly to OOT.
It's supposed to be a sea, not a lake.

Leave Groose alone! He's one of the best characters in the game imho, and I'm glad they didn't tie him into the Gerudo, or even Ganondorf himself.

Also - the whole 3 dragons thing could have been tied into three mythical creatures that were the light spirits from Twilight Princess instead - showing continuity there....
I think this was implied, even though they look completely different as light spirits.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So everyone pretty much agree that Skyward Sword's Link and Zelda is the progenitor of Hyrule's Royal Family and also quite possibly all the Hylians, yes?

ASIS

So everyone pretty much agree that Skyward Sword's Link and Zelda is the progenitor of Hyrule's Royal Family and also quite possibly all the Hylians, yes?

That's what I believe, all the skyloft people stayed in skyloft, they didn't leave.

Zelda and Link are the only people who stayed on the surface.

Anth0ny

Never cared for her at any point during the game. Didn't help that she was far and away the most annoying sidekick character in Zelda history =/

Top Bottom