• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Miiverse screenshots allowed for Smash Bros. 3DS on regular 3DS, works on New 3DS

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but don't expect a wealth of player screenshots from in-game for Smash Bros.

image.jpg

"Miiverse cannot be run at the same time as this software."

EDIT: No Internet browser, either.

image.jpg

According to the Miiverse community description, you'll be able to use Miiverse while Smash Bros. is running on the New 3DS.

image.jpg

Miiverse said:
このソフトをプレイ中はMiiverseを起動できないため、画面写真をコミュニティに投稿できません。
※ Newニンテンドー3DS / Newニンテンドー3DS LL でこのソフトを使用される場合は、プレイ中でもMiiverseをご利用いただけます。

"Miiverse cannot be run while this software is being played, so posting screenshots to this community is not possible. When using this software with the New Nintendo 3DS or New Nintendo 3DS XL, Miiverse can be used while playing."

So basically, insufficient memory.

Workaround: save in-game screenshots to the SD card, and upload the old-fashioned way.

https://twitter.com/vook64/status/510454588764213248

Region-lock if old.

That is really weird considering how you can move the camera during a pause, which seems perfect for screenshots. Maybe it's a temporary thing to lessen the impact on their servers??

Jackano

They are self-admitting spoilers issues on Miiverse (I believe this is the main reason no?). It's a shame but I'm not surprised.

Is there a chance they'll be allowed once the release date actually hits? (Or has it been hit already in Japan? I don't know how timezones work)

I'm hoping it's a temporary thing and will be patched in later? I mean, damn, the camera feature in game should have been built for this sort of thing lol.

DaBoss

I bet it is because of those pervy people who like to take screenshots of upskirts.

Happened with Brawl and even caused an employee of NoA to post on GAF about it.

Edit: Oh, it can't run when SSB4 is running? I guess SSB4 really pushes the 3DS to its max.

Cbajd5

Wait, can you go on Miiverse at all? If not, then the game's probably using additional resources normally used to get on Miiverse while the game's running, like OoT3D did with wireless functions.

Tom_Cody

WTF? I was very much looking forward to seeing all of the fantastic screen-grabs.

Oh well, hopefully they will unlock it once the game has been out for a bit.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Time to protest on Miiverse, then. They tend to listen what's said there, sometimes. Civil protest, though: that's the way legitimate negative opinions can be listened.

Top Bottom