• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Vita screens

Spiegel

lYJHE.jpg

BH6s6.jpg

BXJxQ.jpg

vPQak.jpg

cDsnO.jpg

Low resolution and psp-quality models

More here

http://playfront.de/about/mortal-kombat-vita-screen/

Ragus

Banned
what the fuck? I was going to buy this game, but I'm not paying 40$ for something like this. new game modes are cool, but come on... seriously? I hope they will prepare a demo version.

jett

D-Member
good lawd that looks awful. even the HUD is sub-HD, not a single fuck was given. it appeared to look nice in motion, were they advertising this with PS360 footage? :p

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
If looks like if it weren't for no Unreal support on 3DS, the system could easily handle it. Hell, as Spiegel says, even PSP could.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
It will look fine on the actual device, at the right size, and in motion, screen shots like these never look pretty on conventional pc monitors enlarged.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If looks like if it weren't for no Unreal support on 3DS, the system could easily handle it. Hell, as Spiegel says, even PSP could.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition for 3DS has much better character models.

V_Ben

Banned
Well, it does run at 60fps on a handheld. So sacrifices had to be made. I'm sure it looks excellent in motion, and also when the images are the size of the Vita's screen.

Edit: At least the backgrounds are reasonably detailed. It looks like they just downgraded everything though...

tkscz

OP means 3DS and not vita, right?

tekken-3d-prime-edition-20110817064114870_640w.jpg

That's Tekken on the 3DS, it runs at 60 FPS even with the 3D on and looks better than this.

Though give Netherrelm some credit, first to use the UE3 engine on the PSV, and got it to run at 60 FPS. Probably would've been better to use a custom engine, or make my dreams come true and use sprites.

Agent X

what the fuck? I was going to buy this game, but I'm not paying 40$ for something like this. new game modes are cool, but come on... seriously? I hope they will prepare a demo version.

That's how I feel.

I was looking forward to the game, and the early impressions were positive, but the graphical downgrade in these screens is a kick in the teeth.

I'd love to have a playable demo. Perhaps fluid 60 fps animation could be the saving grace, because the modeling and textures on display here are surely disappointing.

Xater

tekken-3d-prime-edition-20110817064114870_640w.jpg

That's Tekken on the 3DS, it runs at 60 FPS even with the 3D on and looks better than this.

Though give Netherrelm some credit, first to use the UE3 engine on the PSV, and got it to run at 60 FPS. Probably would've been better to use a custom engine, or make my dreams come true and use sprites.

Yeah I would guess the real problem is the engine they use. It was probably not otherwise feasible to make UE3 run at 60fps on the Vita. Well if this is the result it's probably a port that was not needed.

V_Ben

Banned
Every image posted is 960x544 which is the exact same as the Vita's screen.

What? Vita's screen is eaxctly the same as the native resolution of the images.

Yes, but looking at the images on a monitor is very different to looking at them on a screen the size of the Vita's. Resolution does not equal screen size.

lol the vita screen is not that big.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, but looking at the images on a monitor is very different to looking at them on a screen the size of the Vita's. Resolution does not equal screen size.

There's nothing stopping anyone from viewing these shots on a Vita or similar sized screen. People trying to paint these screens as wrong/misleading don't know what they're talking about.

Every image posted is 960x544 which is the exact same as the Vita's screen.

What? Vita's screen is eaxctly the same as the native resolution of the images.

The screen isn't that large. If these images were converted to the actual size of the Vitas screen, they'd look a lot better.

MisterHero

Did they do more to the models than remove normal maps? o_O

That Reptile model looks like it could've been from MK4

The screen isn't that large. If these images were converted to the actual size of the Vitas screen, they'd look a lot better.

Like I said, nothing stopping anyone viewing these on a Vita or similar sized screen to emulate the effect. These screens have no inherent size since that assumes everyone is viewing them on the same device.

Top Bottom