• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

Dremark

Banned
That's the first outright negative review I've come across for The Witness.

Super Bunnyhop's review was pretty negative too.

He didn't tear the game to pieces or say it was bad but he stated he didn't enjoy it and pretty much spent the entire review talking about what he felt were the game's short comings.

Fury451

Banned
Super Bunnyhop's review was pretty negative too.

He didn't tear the game to pieces or say it was bad but he stated he didn't enjoy it and pretty much spent the entire review talking about what he felt were the game's short comings.

I frankly appreciated both of those reviews, Bunnyhop's especially, because even though I generally enjoy the game, playing it without others isn't really all that fun IMO. The Witness using basically one template for all puzzles was kind of what disappointed me too, which both those reviews mentioned.

That's the first Witness review I can get behind. The Witness has felt like Portal without any of the narrative charm, and I'm surprised it's been received so well.

Dremark

Banned
I frankly appreciated both of those reviews, Bunnyhop's especially, because even though I generally enjoy the game, playing it without others isn't really all that fun IMO. The Witness using basically one template for all puzzles was kind of what disappointed me too, which both those reviews mentioned.

I appreciated his review. I don't always agree with the guy, and actually a lot of times with game and platform opinions I don't, but he's honest and articulates his points well.

I'm waiting for a physical release but I feel like I have a better idea of what I am getting into and won't be disappointed because I was expecting the game to be something it's not.

That being said, I still might not like it, but I still want to play it.

This week on Zero Punctuation:

Capcom Five

Edit: I'd like to know in which universe Yahtzee lives in where the GameCube has more powerful hardware than the OG Xbox. PS2? Fair enough. But Xbox? Not even close. Poor GameCube would probably die trying to run the Xbox version of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Where exactly did Yahtzee hear about the whole "Mega Man wasn't in Brawl to get back at Capcom!" thing? I mean MM IS in Smash 4 anyway, so...

Sesha

This week on Zero Punctuation:

Capcom Five

Oh, he hinted at this during last week's stream. Didn't expect it that fast, though.

Looking back, it's weird that the Capcom Five was thus named and didn't include REmake and RE 0, which remained exclusive to GC and later Wii until just recently. Yahtzee should have mentioned those two as well, since neither of the two HD remasters are available on Wii, and presumably won't be on NX either.

OmegaFax

There's way more to the Capcom thing than just the "Capcom Five" ... the video seems like a bit of an oversimplification to get his point across in a five minute video.

Capcom ported Resident Evil 2, 3, and Code Veronica over the GameCube. Capcom also co-developed Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Minish Cap.

Top Bottom