• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skipped out on bar tab, am I in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkuMifune

Banned
I live in Taiwan and on Friday I went to a shitty Filipino bar run by the local mafia. I played some pool, danced with some hookers, got really drunk and then asked for my bill which was an astounding $6,000 NT (a little over $200 US). This was highly inflated, and they were obviously trying to rip off the drunk foreigner (my local friend drank more and his bill was 1/3 of that). Rather than pay, I snuck out the back and into a cab, laughing all the way home about it.

When I woke up the next day, it wasn't so funny. Especially because I was getting calls from a hooker who works in the bar whom I had foolishly given my # to. I spoke to her briefly and she told me her boss is really mad, but she thinks I should just take her clubbing on Friday instead of paying them back. But she might be lying, or setting a trap, or she may have even given them my #...can they do anything with that?

Now that I'm sitting here stoned I'm really paranoid that a couple of Asian thugs will show up looking to break my legs or something. Am I really in trouble or just stoned & paranoid? Should I go back to pay my tab or would that just be asking for more trouble?

daw840

Oh man, good fucking luck. If you lived in the US I would say don't worry about it......but I don't know about Taiwan....I would move immediately if I were you.

edit: Leave a note so someone can post an update after you get brutally murdered.

Core407

Banned
I skipped out on paying for a haircut once. That night, the hair dresser was starring at me through the window. :O

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
AkuMifune said:
I live in Taiwan and on Friday I went to a shitty Filipino bar run by the local mafia. I played some pool, danced with some hookers, got really drunk and then asked for my bill which was an astounding $6,000 NT (a little over $200 US). This was highly inflated, and they were obviously trying to rip off the drunk foreigner (my local friend drank more and his bill was 1/3 of that). Rather than pay, I snuck out the back and into a cab, laughing all the way home about it.

When I woke up the next day, it wasn't so funny. Especially because I was getting calls from a hooker who works in the bar whom I had foolishly given my # to. I spoke to her briefly and she told me her boss is really mad, but she thinks I should just take her clubbing on Friday instead of paying them back. But she might be lying, or setting a trap, or she may have even given them my #...can they do anything with that?

Now that I'm sitting here stoned I'm really paranoid that a couple of Asian thugs will show up looking to break my legs or something. Am I really in trouble or just stoned & paranoid? Should I go back to pay my tab or would that just be asking for more trouble?
:lol

Wow, that's pretty fucking dumb.

I'd pay the tab, and in the future pay as you go.

If you take the hooker 'clubbing' the club will probably be hitting your head.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Holy shit, man. Don't fuck with oragnised crime. Seriously - I speak from family experience.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well first of all, don't take her out clubbing on Friday. Lots of Johns get rolled here in the US when they go to places like Vegas. Hookers attract the tourists and then rob them in the hotel room while the guy is in the bathroom. She has even more of a reason to do that to you since you stole from her boss. Your best bet is to avoid contact with that establishment in any way. $200 isn't a huge amount of money, but people have been beat up over less...

JavaMava

Buy a knife. I don't even think going back and paying the $200 will be enough.

Also clubbing with the hooker, is a set up.

I'm also curious how you know its mafia owned. Some people exaggerate... Was it the hooker?

diunxx

well even if they break your legs you can still post on gaf so its not really that bad if you think about it.

AkuMifune

Banned
You guys are supposed to be making me feel better. Fuck.

But the hooker wasn't threatening me or anything, she didn't warn me or try to scare me, and if she didn't give them my cell they have no way to find me.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Align yourself with a rival faction. You might have to do a couple missions for them first before they accept you.

I live in the Philippines and let me tell you: Filipino Mafia doesn't fuck around. They'll do whatever it takes to track you down and fucking hurt you.

Or, if they put in perspective, they all probably just 'Well, damn' and continued massaging their hookers tits or something.

But grow a beard and change your number just in case.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
AkuMifune said:

But the hooker wasn't threatening me or anything, she didn't warn me or try to scare me, and if she didn't give them my cell they have no way to find me.

Yeah, I'm sure the fucking mafia prostitute was just calling to see how things were going.

daw840

AkuMifune said:

Oh good, it was a cell phone. No need to move. Just avoid all contact with anyone associated with that bar.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Toshiro-Mifune-Throne_l.jpg

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
AkuMifune said:

WAKE UP

But what if by not taking the hooker clubbing, you piss her off, and she gives them your number so they can find you in retribution for not taking her out?

What then?

Are you living in a movie? Do you have wacky martial arts skills? Is the pretty young hooker actually in love with you? -- and -- only your bare-knuckle negotiations can set right these small town thugs? That is probably 4 consecutive "no's" and you are about to become crippled.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Be smart, carry the $200 around with you just in case they show up to collect.

Be smarter, hide the $200 in your socks or something.

Be smartest, get the fuck out of dodge.

GhaleonEB

AkuMifune said:

ackbar

Core407 said:
Go back in, tell them you were shit faced and give them $50 ontop of the $200. Bring a gun with you.

This

And go clubbing with the hooker but do that after you pay the mafia, also don't sleep with the hooker. Just don't.

You're probably fine. If they're actually legit mafia, you'll be able to get your way out of it. If they're some small time punks who're putting on a show, you might have some trouble. If you're white, you can probably get out of this fairly easily.

dabig2

alistairw said:
Yeah, I'm sure the fucking mafia prostitute was just calling to see how things were going.

You never know, maybe she became wildly in love with him on first sight and is just looking for a date. She only has your best intentions in mind my friend...:lol

1)never go to that bar again
2)change your cell phone number
3)buy a machete

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
this....i dont know. start strapping some heat and get ready for some john woo shit to go down.

or just get the hell out of taiwan...who lives in taiwan? o yeah not you anymore!

daw840

dabig2 said:

You never know, maybe she became wildly in love with him on first sight and is just looking for a date. She only has your best intentions in mind my friend...:lol

1)never go to that bar again
2)change your cell phone number
3)buy a machete

Fuck THAT. Buy this:

450_mossberg500.jpg

Terrell

It's your own fault for going to a mafia-owned bar.
It's your own fault for being a douche and skipping on the tab, even if they were trying to jack you for cash (but like I said, your own fault for going to a mafia-owned bar).
It's your own fault for giving a prostitute who works for the mafia dudes you cheated your phone number.

3 strikes, man. Sorry, you're out. Hope you weren't expecting any sympathy for crossing the line between innocence and stupidity. And that you left a nice will for your family and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom