• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Fugu

I'm still learning. :(
Everyone is. Couple of tips:

- Use more moves in drive. Not sure how to describe this. Your pressure is easy to block because you're dependant on a single overhead and no lows. You need to learn how to use the pseudo-command grab because it lets you beat players who block standing. You also need to incorporate the low-hitting drive move (I don't know Noel's inputs well).
- Stop wasting your meter. You're using her super a lot of times that you shouldn't. It is basically only useful at the end of a combo or in the air.
- Don't end combos midscreen with Type 3 unless it's going to kill them. It puts them way in the air, which isn't favorable for you.
- Learn how to hitconfirm something in the corner; Noel's damage happens in the corner.
- Stop mashing shit neutral. Mostly 2C and optic barrel but also 6D. It doesn't do you any favors and is just going to get you counterhit.
- You need to learn a way to approach other than triangle jumping.

Volcynika

Everyone is. Couple of tips:

- Use more moves in drive. Not sure how to describe this. Your pressure is easy to block because you're dependant on a single overhead and no lows. You need to learn how to use the pseudo-command grab because it lets you beat players who block standing. You also need to incorporate the low-hitting drive move (I don't know Noel's inputs well).
- Stop wasting your meter. You're using her super a lot of times that you shouldn't. It is basically only useful at the end of a combo or in the air.
- Don't end combos midscreen with Type 3 unless it's going to kill them. It puts them way in the air, which isn't favorable for you.
- Learn how to hitconfirm something in the corner; Noel's damage happens in the corner.
- Stop mashing shit neutral. Mostly 2C and optic barrel but also 6D. It doesn't do you any favors and is just going to get you counterhit.
- You need to learn a way to approach other than triangle jumping.

Hrm. I'll keep this in mind.

Fugu

Okay, when I said use the pseudo-command grab, I meant in pressure. If your opponent isn't in blockstun, it's basically worthless.

Volcynika

I'm a bit tired and still need to finish something up, so next match will be my last one for tonight. Good games though.

How was the lag for you two? I had no issues.

1/28~ against Fugu . . .

So yea, be back sometime next week after I've had time to practice some. >_>

Hope I didn't bore you too bad, Fugu. xD

How was the lag for you two? I had no issues.

There was a moment in our first fight, but nothing major, and nothing after that.

Volcynika

Honestly, even though people like Fugu and Q beat me pretty bad, I'm not sure why they keep playing me when a victory is guaranteed. :p As long as it's fun!

Fugu

So yea, be back sometime next week after I've had time to practice some. >_>
Stop pressing so many buttons. Learn what a DP does and how it works. Stop running away all the time. Stop spamming your cat hammer the second you get it. Congratulations, you are now the greatest Platinum.

Volcynika

Stop pressing so many buttons. Learn what a DP does and how it works. Stop running away all the time. Stop spamming your cat hammer the second you get it. Congratulations, you are now the greatest Platinum.

THE POWER OF KITTIES WILL ALWAYS BE VICTORIOUS.

Fugu

Does Platinum even have any good reversals.
Why do I always like characters that have terrible wake up options.
The bat is one of the best reversals in the game. Other than that, no, but characters with bad reversals/no reversals outnumber those with good reversals in BB.

Esura

Banned
Oh god, dash cancels. This automatically excludes me from doing anything over 2k damage with Haz, FML

I've actually gotten better at dash cancels with Noel, to the point where its muscle memory. I spent like three days repeating the same 10 BnBs over and over and over for each side so my thumbs will get used to it while listening to some Origa and Celldweller. Most of them are between 2500 and 3500, and could boost a few of them to 4700 if I do her Fenrir super at the end.

So just keep at it! I'm still free though but at least I wont be able to blame my execution anymore now. Now I need to practice my okizeme games then I think I'll be ready to challenge you guys again.

I always wanted to ask this, but is there any noticeable differences between the 360 and PS3 versions graphically?

Does the PS3 version have smoother and crisper sprites or are they the same?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, found Unlimited Nu's new distortion. Getting in there.

In other news, the Lambda/Unlimited Hazama matchup is so fucking unfair. :(

Volcynika

I've actually gotten better at dash cancels with Noel, to the point where its muscle memory. I spent like three days repeating the same 10 BnBs over and over and over for each side so my thumbs will get used to it while listening to some Origa and Celldweller. Most of them are between 2500 and 3500, and could boost a few of them to 4700 if I do her Fenrir super at the end.

So just keep at it! I'm still free though but at least I wont be able to blame my execution anymore now. Now I need to practice my okizeme games then I think I'll be ready to challenge you guys again.

Give me Noel tips. plz! :p

Volcynika

But I suck. T_T

I don't mind helping anyone if I can though. What you need tips for?

Any combos or BnBs I should probably learn, maybe a playstyle I should focus on specifically for how she is, etc. Anything I should keep in mind generally. (I know it's a lot :p)

Volcynika

Sorry for the double post BUT the Jubei plushies are on Aksys' store

http://www.aksysgames.com/store/#merch

dxjl8.jpg

Price: $19.99

The world’s strongest living organism is now available in convenient plush form! At approximiately 5" tall (not including tails), he’d ready to take on a Black Beast of equivalent size, or just sit around and looking super adorable. He doesn’t have any swords, but he makes up for that in snuggles.

That price includes shipping, as I'm pretty sure that's how they price their merch unless otherwise indicated. Also, these are pretty limited.

Esura

Banned
Any combos or BnBs I should probably learn, maybe a playstyle I should focus on specifically for how she is, etc. Anything I should keep in mind generally. (I know it's a lot :p)

As far as BnBs I think are useful, you could try...

6B > 6C > 2C > 3C > 22C~66 > 6C > 236A > 6C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > Bloom Trigger (this is my main BnB, does solid damage)

Or if you want to start off with something simpler....

2D > 6A > 5B > 5C > 6C > Bloom Trigger / Assault Through
6A > 6C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > Bloom Trigger

Noel's 5A is a good poke and it hits crouching opponents as well. As for anti airs, 6A is solid. 5B and 2B will be your basic spacing tools and 6B is Noel's overhead. Pretty slow though so be careful. Overall, her normals are pretty meh compared to other characters and somewhat high risk because she doesn't have any simple hit confirms like other characters.

Mind you, I have no clue what better players have to say on the matter. This something I've just picked up after spending a ridiculous long time in training and challenge mode.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Still waiting for my copy.

Amazon sent me an email saying that my copy should arrive Feb 29th.

Then they sent me another email telling me to order BBCSX Limited Edition.

*shakes fist*

If I wanted to block I'd be playing Street Fighter.
You gotta block in BB, too. :p Sometimes being patient and just blocking is much safer than trying to mash out because some characters are at their best when fishing for counterhits.

Esura

Banned
Am I the only one who finds Platinum like super duper adorable and funny as well as fun to play as? She is almost making me want to leave Noel. :(

Am I the only one who finds Platinum like super duper adorable and funny as well as fun to play as? She is almost making me want to leave Noel. :(

This is not a serious question. I refuse to believe it could be.

Noel is trash! Become one with the Trinity.

Her playstyle is fine but man, is she annoying. It's like "cute cute cute, look at me beat you with cutesy stuff" AUGGHHHHHHHHH

charlie_brown_augh.jpg

Esura

Banned
Is there any chance of this comming to US vita version?

And is there seperate DLC for each announcer? or is it all packed together?

I have absolutely no clue, but I saw it randomly on youtube and want it so bad.

I don't even care for the Japanese voices too much but thats just too cute. So cute that it hurts. T_T

Top Bottom