• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE announces NEW ps3 STARTER PACK

Coming later this month, a new starter pack will be available in Europe

starterpackps3na2.jpg

PS3 + Heavenly sword + f1 + 2 sixaxis for (still) 599 e.

Mmmkay

F1... Getting on a bit now isn't it? I suppose they want to ride off the current season's British performance but eh it would help if the game knew who he was.

Uh wait hang on, they're giving you two controllers when neither game has a split screen option?

Amir0x

Banned
That's the starter pack, huh.

It comes with a deck of cards and a special limited edition holographic "Riiiidge Racer"/"$600" card mana pull +50

REV 09

i'm not familiar with the euro pricing...is there any value in the pack? or is it the same as buying all of that separately?

Kildace

Resistance + Heavenly Sword would have been much better. I also think that overall the first starter pack was more bang for your buck.

It's actually a pretty good value- the euro PS3 was 599 euro to start with, wasn't it? two games plus a controller for free isn't a bad deal.

That being said- DAMMITSONYBRINGTHEPRICEDOWNALREADY

Burai

shitonmychest57
Two games I don't want and the console isn't white.

I want to buy one of these this Christmas for LBP, yet they are going out of their way to put me off. This isn't how it's supposed to be.

LOcKY

looks like they are going for the PSP way of selling hardware.

im sure everyone remembers their packin game bundles.

how did that do for PSP?

I guess they need to get rid of those excess copies of F1 somehow but really Sony please stop raping us with this stupid overflated prices.

[Nintex]

REV 09 said:
i'm not familiar with the euro pricing...is there any value in the pack? or is it the same as buying all of that separately?
69(HS)+69(F1)+40(Sixaxis)+599(PS3)=778 this costs 599.

test_account

XP-39C²
I wonder if the current starter pack with Motor Storm and Resistance will still be avalible. Really cool box for the pack by the way :)

When I read Starter Pack, I thought it was going to be cheaper. Then again, I have to ask myself why. It's not like Sony has done anything right lately.

Visualante said:
Microsoft does it too. First party games are designed to shift the system at any cost.

Heavenly Sword isn't even out yet! Its debuting as a pack-in! No MS first-party title to my knowledge is like that.

At this rate i'll be looking at getting a ps3 with FFXIII and three controllers packed in if they want the console to stay at this price.

I was praying that Sony wouldn't be trying the PSP model of increasing the "value" of the SKUs. Please don't let this be their business model for much longer.

=(

RiskyChris said:
I was praying that Sony wouldn't be trying the PSP model of increasing the "value" of the SKUs.

So adding two games plus an extra controller for the same price isn't adding value to the package? I'm curious, what's your definition of value?

_leech_ said:
So adding two games plus an extra controller for the same price isn't adding value to the package? I'm curious, what's your definition of value?
the problem is the price isn't lower, and people value money more than anything else

RiskyChris said:
I was praying that Sony wouldn't be trying the PSP model of increasing the "value" of the SKUs. Please don't let this be their business model for much longer.

=(
Until MGS4 they will increase the perceived value of the system by bundling first party crap.
Before MGS4 I expect to see PS3 + MotorStorm, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and F1 for whatever this is going for.

Microsoft had some crazy bundles before the Elite. Crackdown, Gears, PGR3, Bomba Pinata, Live Arcade disc, extra controller all for just over the standalone asking price.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
This makes sense as they are value adding to the console. Not ideal, but it makes business sense.

Amir0x

Banned
_leech_ said:

No i think he was saying the problem isn't "value", it's that most people can't afford the $600 dollars for a videogame console even if they thought it WAS worth it. The problem is not "value", it's the sticker price... it has to go down to $399 or less and soon or Sony is officially out of the running for anything but distant third.

Ashhong

The Faceless Master said:
the problem is the price isn't lower, and people value money more than anything else

and people that value money wont like the money thats saved in buying this bundle?

Top Bottom