• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut is coming next week [Up: Out now, my sweet]

We are pleased to announce that the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC will be launch on June 26.

The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC is a downloadable content pack that will expand upon the events at the end of Mass Effect 3. Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Extended Cut will include deeper insight to Commander Shepard's journey based on player choices during the war against the Reapers.

The Extended Cut will be available to download at no additional charge for Mass Effect 3 game owners starting on June 26 for PC and Xbox 360 customers worldwide. Playstation 3 customers in North America will be able to download the Extended Cut DLC on June 26. We do not have a date for Playstation 3 customers in Europe, Asia, or Australia yet and will update when we have a confirmed date.

Casey Hudson, Mac Walters and Jessica Merizan sat down and recorded a new podcast where they discuss what you can expect in the Extended Cut and address many of your questions and concerns. Please check out the new Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut podcast hereand read the Extended Cut FAQ here.

We look forward to bringing you the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut starting June 26.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/12690832

You can find the FAQ here:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/extended_cut/

DLC requires 1.9GB, costs nothing.

Edit.:
DLC is out now for the Xbox 360. Coming this afternoon for PS3 and this noon for PC.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cool. My backlog will be clean by then too, giving me time to play through the entire game all over again.

I know this isn't going to fix anything, but I'm interested to see if a second round of disappointment is enough to truly push me over the edge.

ShaneB

Good to hear. I was just wondering yesterday about when this would be released. Please make things better... please, I want to love Mass Effect 3 again.

witness

Ok cool, I can start playing ME3 again. I didn't want to have that bad taste in my mouth from the ending that everyone else did.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is probably worth noting.

How large is the Extended Cut?
The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Has it become confirmed yet if you can 'activate' this if you have a completed save file or if you have to 'beat' the game agian? Not even sure where my last save file is, but not really looking forward to that Earth end-game gauntlet again.... I'm pretty rusty.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Mass Effect 3 was a horrible disappointment even before the ending. Still, I'll definitely Youtube this.

volturnus

Banned
I can't believe I'll have to load a save
right before the Cerberus Base
and play through the worst part all over again.
I guess I'll just watch everything online, then.

Hixx

Stopped playing about 80% of the way through when this got announced. Was petrified I was going to hate the ending as most of the internet did so I've hedged my bets.

Will finally finish it next week, then!

Mindlog

This better be packed with the multiplayer DLC as well. I don't want multiplayer DLC delayed for some silly single player content.

Magnus

I haven't even played the games, nevermind the offending third entry and its conclusion, but I can't imagine anything here will sit right with the fanbase. It's trying to pose as a genuine series of consequences to player choices throughout the game(s) but only exists because of fan outcry. It's going to reek of fanservice at best with tons of reaching to directly connect whatever content is in the DLC to player choices, so that they can point and say "see? Your choice made this happen!", even if 'this' is garbage.

Right? Happy to be corrected, again, since I haven't played the games. Just trying to piece together what's happening based on players outraged that a promise of meaningful choices ended with a variable lightshow.

Insanity Run here I come!

I haven't even played the games, nevermind the offending third entry and its conclusion

That is pretty amazing... someone who hasn't even played the game finds the ending more offensive than myself, who has put over 100 hours into this franchise...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I was expecting end of summer to be honest, so im surprised.

I hope it's going to deliver and that my past decisions will actually make a difference somehow. I'm still expecting
Starchild and 3 choices to deal with the Reapers, i just hope there is ACTUALLY a difference showed, other than a color.

Trey

I needed a reason to get the other achievements I've missed, anyways.

I can't wait until I replay the entire series a while from now. It'll be nice to come back to this series after not playing it for so long. The cohesion these games share, while falling hilariously short of what was promised and my expectations, is still a fresh mechanic that I'm sure my nostalgia will accept as better than it actually is.

Derrick01

Banned
I will probably youtube it. I don't think it's worth replaying that entire ending sequence again or even worse, replaying the whole game again just to see something that will likely still suck. I have 0 faith in Bioware's writing capabilities.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Lothars

I still don't have an issue with the ending as it was and the reaction to it was extremely overblown but I hope this just explains what happened to the world and characters after.

I look forward to replaying the game to see the extended ending.

Question... are there any "preferred" story paths that you can take without carrying anything over from the previous games? Because I'm pretty sure I don't have them any more and wouldn't want to play through the whole trilogy yet again. But I know some of the default choices suck.

Struct09

So are all the changes from the Citadel beam onwards? Or is there stuff added to the rest of the game.

There were so many problems with ME3 besides the ending I'm not sure I can even be bothered to put the disc in again.

From the FAQ:

What save game should I load to play the Extended Cut?

[SPOILERS] To experience the Extended Cut, load a save game from before the attack on the Cerberus Base and play through to the end of the game. The Extended Cut endings will differ depending on choices made throughout the Mass Effect series, so multiple playthroughs with a variety of different decisions will be required to experience the variety of possibilities offered by the new content.

big_z

You better not have to get your galaxy readiness rating up again. I'm sure everyone's is back down to 50% again.

So can I just load up a save starting at the citadel and play on to see the new content or do I have to replace the whole game?

Top Bottom