• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

jeremy1456

So I'm interested in seeing what the rarest game anyone owns is, and thought this could be a fun thread. It'll be more interesting with pics you take yourself of course, so here's my contribution:

2012-02-07_17-18-30_514.jpg

It's Jack Bros for the Virtual Boy. Recently picked it up for a pretty good price. I was mostly interested in this little title because, despite being a spin-off, it was the first game in the Shin Megami Tensei series to get localized here.

Let's see what you guys got.

Troll

Banned
I used to have Panzer Dragoon Saga, before it walked out of the house.

Currently the rarest game I have is either Banjo Nuts and Bolts or Kinect Sports

I own Snatcher and MUSHA. Also the unlicensed Wisdom Tree games for the Sega Genesis. And the classic edition of Pier Solar. Those are all fairly rare.

Requeim

In The Hunt - PS1 (PAL)

Still sealed as well. Didn't pay THAT much for it, since it's not exactly highly sought after compared to games like tombi/tomba or kula world.

tearsofash

I'm not exactly sure what one would qualify as rare these days. Most things can be pretty easy to find, but are expensive. If anything, I suppose my Casio Loopy and collection for it might be rare, or my Japanese Sega Pico collection.

willooi

I have a copy of Suikoden II on PS1 which is apparently worth a few bob. Great game, loved the music and the number of recruitable characters in that title.

Kuran

Banned
Hm. Vandal Hearts on Saturn?

I guess it's not really rare per-se.. but it's not something you come across often.

the chris

Not really rare, but I have a brand new copy of Silent Hill 1 that I bought brand new from a store for $5 a couple of weeks ago.

The rarest thing I own isn't even valuable, unfortunately (also, the game sucked, too, which doesn't help).

It's a copy of McFarlane's Evil Prophecy. It's got a typo on the back of the box and as such it was never released to the public. I only got it because at the time I was an editor at a major gaming mag. It's rare, but alas, no in very high demand. :\

I don't actually know what the rarest game (I own) is.
But I have:

Dragon Warrior IV for the NES complete in box
Chrono Trigger for the SNES complete in box
Secret of Mana complete in box
Shining Force III for the Saturn (but only the N.A. version)

Nothing too mindblowing.

Does Radiant Historia for the DS count? That seems to be super rare already.

Kobiekun

Rarest in terms of print run is probably my copy of Border Down LE for the Dreamcast. I believe that out of the 15,000 copies printed, only 5,000 are LEs.

BorderDownLE.jpg

Kuran

Banned
Rarest in terms of print run is probably my copy of Border Down LE for the Dreamcast. I believe that out of the 15,000 copies printed, only 5,000 are LEs.

BorderDownLE.jpg

Remember picking this up in Japan a long time ago, the day it came out. Such good music.

Sold it a few years afterwards for a nice profit. I can't collect any games anymore man.. I just get antsy and neurotic about potentially scratching, scuffing or damaging them. And I don't want to own a million plastic boxes to lug around with me everywhere I lay my hat.

I have a sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, that's been gaining in value pretty steadily. A lot of Gamecube games as well. Radiant Historia.

jbueno

Not particularly rare, but a sealed copy of Galactic Pinball for Virtual Boy I bought in 2005 in a mexican Sears.

cj_iwakura

My Tokimeki Memorial (Saturn) Limited Edition, apparently.

Personally, I think it's my Growlanser Generations Limited Edition.

(I'd have to dig out the former if someone wants a pic.)

Sqorgar

Banned
I have a bunch of games that nobody has ever heard of, but of the games actually in demand? Probably Radiant Silvergun, Rakugaki Showtime, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragon Force, Dracula X - probably a lot of other stuff too. Don't really follow prices once I own a copy.

Satchel

Banned
Hard to say, as I have a lot. At work at the moment so I don't have a pic. I'll list what I have that I believe is rare, and then someone more knowledgeable can tell me which is the rarest:

- Donkey Kong (Atari 2600)
- Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes (Gamecube)
- Shenmue (Dreamcast)
- Flashback (Jaguar)
- Dead Rising - non-classics cover (360)
- Samurai Showdown (3DO)
- Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PS2)
- Record of Lodoss War (Dreamcast)
- Final Fight (Mega CD)
- Panzer Dragoon II (Saturn)
- Dark Saviour (Saturn)

I'm sure there's other people might consider rare (MvC2 on DC for example) but I tried to base my list on whether this stuff is readily available on eBay for example. A lot of this stuff either isn't on eBay or really expensive when it is.

Hiltz

I suppose its probably just a copy of Ogre Battle 64. The box eventually got trashed but the manual is somewhere in my desk drawer. Unfortunately, the cartridge no longer works properly after I tried loading it up again a few years ago. Of course, Nintendo's made the game available on the virtual console now.

Friggz

I found panzer dragoon saga at a good will near my house for 20 bucks.

And few years ago, i went to a garage sale where a lady was selling her sons game collection while he was in college. I purchased every single metal gear game that were factory sealed and a copy of radiant silvergun for 50 bucks.

I didnt realize that MGS3 subsistence was worth so much.

Also picked up a sealed suikoden 2 in gamestop for 45$. walked in and it was just sitting on the shelf. Fastest ive ever grabbed a game.

jeremy1456

For the sake of having more pictures I'll offer up another rarity:

2012-02-07_17-38-55_254.jpg

This one usually goes for well over $100 on ebay (I think auctions around the time I bought it were going for about $150) but I happened to strike on a pretty good day and got it for like $50.

Too bad the game is pure rubbish.

I have the PAL version of Symphony Of The Night with soundtrack and artbook etc, I think that's meant to be fairly rare but I'm not certain how much.

Edit: And after a quick look on ebay my 2-disc version of the Metal Gear Solid 4 soundtrack seems like it's hard to come by too, if that counts.

I have a bunch of games that nobody has ever heard of, but of the games actually in demand? Probably Radiant Silvergun, Rakugaki Showtime, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragon Force, Dracula X - probably a lot of other stuff too. Don't really follow prices once I own a copy.

qFeHk.gif

Pupsicles

Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Radiant Historia
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
MVC 2 (ps2)
Lunar 2
SMT: Nocturne (director's cut)
Persona 3 (with bonus)
Star Ocean 1

Some of these aren't super rare but still mentionable :)

Top Bottom