• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There was a brawl at Waimea bay this past Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ha.

2014-07-0718_14_24-wad1j7n.png

marrec

Banned
In this video, a bunch of people try to sucker punch other people for 20 seconds, then the cops pepper spray people.

For those of you who don't want to watch it/can't watch it.

This is why we can't have nice things. Probably fighting over the dumbest thing imaginable too

Depends if you consider the gentrification and the displacement of Hawaiians from their own island a dumb thing (that's pretty much what all fights in Hawaii revolve around).

Regardless of the reason, this fight in itself is so stupid. It's Hawaiians fighting main landers like always; this never resolves anything, doesn't change anything and unfortunately just makes the Hawaiians look bad. Well in this particular case both parties look like utter idiots.

There are much better avenues to air out grievances. Beating a bunch of "bros" on the beach really isn't going to accomplish anything. And honestly if it wasn't super obvious that this was Hawaii; if you told me this was a fight over the World Cup or Stanley Cup, I'd believe you.

Depends if you consider the gentrification and the displacement of Hawaiians from their own island a dumb thing (that's pretty much what all fights in Hawaii revolve around).

Regardless of the reason, this fight in itself is so stupid. It's Hawaiians fighting main landers like always; this never resolves anything, doesn't change anything and unfortunately just makes the Hawaiians look bad. Well in this particular case both parties look like utter idiots.

There are much better avenues to air out grievances. Beating a bunch of "bros" on the beach really isn't going to accomplish anything. And honestly if it wasn't super obvious that this was Hawaii; if you told me this was a fight over the World Cup or Stanley Cup, I'd believe you.

It looks local-on-local. Yeah there's a lot of old racial tensions on Hawaii, but not all fights revolve around that. Meth, for example, is also a major scourge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom