• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 4 'In The Middle' of Development

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2014-04-3017_49_42-marbq5z.png

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/30/mass-effect-4-in-the-middle-of-development

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In his other tweets, he is quite coy about an E3 announcement.

He said last year he expected it to be ready for reveal in 2014, but didn't want to guarantee it.

I think this year for certain. E3 though? Hmm...

Fedele

This Eurogamer article from today also summarizes pretty well what is known so far, including a few rumours I wasn't aware of.

Also according to it, BioWare's focus for this E3 will be Dragon Age (which makes sense), so maybe just a few hints around Mass Effect from some producers at the event, but no footage or a lot of info about it.

This year's N7 Day will be interesting, me thinks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This Eurogamer article from today also summarizes pretty well what is known so far, including a few rumours I wasn't aware of.

Also according to it, BioWare's focus for this E3 will be Dragon Age (which makes sense), so maybe just a few hints around Mass Effect from some producers at the event, but no footage or a lot of info about it.

This year's N7 Day will be interesting, me thinks.

Perfect opportunity to plug my own vague, wishy washy info leak: http://www.rocketchainsaw.com.au/exclusive-possible-information-mass-effect-40991/ :p

Yeah, Fall 2015 sounds very realistic, but I would like to hear something on it at this years E3, even if it's a very minor tease. I mean, if the PS4/XBO trilogy release is for real, I could easily see EA announce the trilogy at their E3 conference along with a release date (November 7, 2014) and then give a little treat of a teaser trailer afterward for Mass Effect 4.

Damian.

Banned
Already in the middle? Does the middle constitute before or after you waste precious fucking man hours stripping out controller support in the PC port of the console versions, Bioware?

Dany

Banned
No, Q4 2015 delayed into Q1 2016.

It's Mass Effect tradition.

noo :/ We havn't had a ME game in the fall since the first. MY entire christmas break was playing that in the bitter cold.

Also, he says new mass effect. Not ME4...which means no shepard. Which most of us have assumed already.

EatChildren

Also, he says new mass effect. Not ME4...which means no shepard. Which most of us have assumed already.

I don't think you even need to assume. Fairly certain numerous leads at BioWare/Montreal have said very, very clearly that all things Shepard trilogy have come to their complete conclusion and their game, wherever in the timeline it is set, will not be associated with Shepard Trilogy in any direct/remote way.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Perfect opportunity to plug my own vague, wishy washy info leak: http://www.rocketchainsaw.com.au/exclusive-possible-information-mass-effect-40991/ :p

I like these rumors, especially the exploration part(steal my ideas BioWare, they're yours), but I don't like the hesitation on its position in the timeline though. This shit needs to followup ME3 full stop. You can't end a series with such a huge event like that and then go on and make a "In the meantime" game. We don't need a game to dwell on the ME3 events, but we do deserve to see how the Galaxy made out afterwards, even if it's a hundred years later, though I think 30-50 is the sweet spot, close for most to recall but not totally fresh in the minds.

jschreier

Mass Effect 4 'In The Middle' Of Development
Mass Effect 4 Will Require 'Television'
Mass Effect 4 May Use 'Controllers,' Sources Say

Top Bottom