• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox download (China account required)

daevv

****Dead****

The exploit is now Dead.

If you havent begun the download from the Chinese marketplace, you can no longer get the game for free.

If you got the download to start, got to 80 and it failed:

OR

Your still in the process of downloading the game and you havent got to 80% yet:

simply migrate your chinese account to your home country on Xbox.com. Re-download if you got to 80%, if at less than 80%, migrate while downloading. You can re-download from your download history in the account management section on your Xbox360 and you should be good to go.

You can migrate your account once every 3 months.

Make sure you migrate to your home country, cant say that enough. That way you will pass the IP check and can download past 80%.

That pretty much sums it all up, any other questions feel free to ask as a few people in here got it to work.

Searched but didn't find a thread.

Seems you can get the full version of Assassin's Creed 3 for free to Chinese Xbox accounts.
I first made a China based hotmail account, then a china based Xbox profile, and started the download from PC. When I logged into the account on my 360 it starts to download itself.

I used Google translate to help in the process.
It's almost 8gb total.
Game is in English.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/zh-CN/P...115-d802555308ae?DownloadType=Game&noSplash=1

Info to make getting the game easier:

This is what I did:

1. Make an @live.com account with the country set to China, also make sure you put an alternate email or phone number for the security code
2. Log in on the link in the OP and download AC3.
3. It asked me to make my Xbox Live account, and to confirm my address and security code (either it's texted or emailed, whatever you provided).
4. Put in Shanghai for City and 100600 for Zip Code and you should be good.
5. You can now download it.
6. Log on to your Xbox 360, sign in to the account created, open up the guide, go to download history, and download AC3.
7. When it's done downloading, you can go on your main account and play.

• Game is in English
  • They can't, and won't ban you for this
  • Anyone who's being asked to pay is either not signed in to the account, or didn't chose "China" when making it
  • Any account on the Xbox can play it
  • You get asked for Billing Info, but you can literally put anything in there (although use 01000 as zip code)
  • They can't, and won't ban you for this, I've got accounts in 6 different regions, all from stuff like this.

In regards to the failing, due to IP check - If you've already got it on your download history, has anyone tried doing a account migration?

https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Came up on a GameFAQs topic about it. Assassin's Creed 3 is linked to the profile, that's set. The profile is based in China, which obviously isn't USA/UK/wherever you are. If you do a migration to your home country, the IP check will pass.

My internet is horrendous (I download at 400 kb/s), so I won't be able to see if my download passes or not (currently at 35%), but this may be worth looking in to. If it is 'corrupting' at 80%, you MAY just need to download the remaining 20%, or possibly the whole thing.

I'll check this topic tomorrow morning when I wake up, to see if anyone's tried the migration!

Work PC blocks "gaming sites" and I'm afraid MS will catch on before I get home.

Why does China get it free anyway? A reward for all their great piracy?

Cbajd5

I did everything to get it, and I guess I did, but I have to update my 360 to start downloading it...

Anyways this is cool I guess?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Hmmmm might have to try this out. I never made a foreign profile before. Are there any sites that walk you through it?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I have to go to class, someone should be awesome and snag me one. :D

In return, I offer internet high fives.

Avallon

It something is too good to be true, it probably is. This is the kind of thing that Microsoft revokes and occasionally bans accounts for.

Can someone who has done it give us a step by step on how to make a Chinese account for both Yahoo and Live?

Or is it really not that difficult?

The End

It something is too good to be true, it probably is. This is the kind of thing that Microsoft revokes and occasionally bans accounts for.

Nah, there's plenty of us who got free copies of Fable 2 and $5 copies of SSX and Max Payne. They've already fixed the pricing, and who cares if they ban your dummy account.

Can someone who has done it give us a step by step on how to make a Chinese account for both Yahoo and Live?

Or is it really not that difficult?

Not really. You can use any E-Mail you choose as long as it isn't linked to a XBOX Account.

When you start the process for creating your Live account make sure to select China as your region.

From there enter the info they ask for and free stuff.

Not really. You can use any E-Mail you choose as long as it isn't linked to a XBOX Account.

When you start the process for creating your Live account make sure to select China as your region.

From there enter the info they ask for and free stuff.
Awesome, I'll give it a shot from my cell phone, thanks.

Certinty

No idea if this will work in the UK, but i'll give it a shot.

Really hope this isn't console bannable, but I don't see why it would be.

Ok, I made a hotmail account, with a zipcode from Shanghai and telephone number from China. However, when try to use that account to make a new Xbox account on Xbox Live, it says something among the lines of 'this service is not available in your region'. What am I doing wrong?

zewone

Ok, I made a hotmail account, with a zipcode from Shanghai and telephone number from China. However, when try to use that account to make a new Xbox account on Xbox Live, it says something among the lines of 'this service is not available in your region'. What am I doing wrong?

That just means they don't offer Xbox Live Gold in China, I believe. I had that happen too and I just ignored it.

Wouldn't this mean the game would be locked to that new account, and you couldn't run it from your own Xbox account even if its downloaded to the same console?

No idea if this will work in the UK, but i'll give it a shot.

Worldwide.

I thought GoD were country-locked for download?

That's why you pick China when creating a new account.

Wouldn't this mean the game would be locked to that new account, and you couldn't run it from your own Xbox account even if its downloaded to the same console?

Apparently not, from what I've heard. Can be played by with all accounts on the first Xbox you play it on.

Eh when I tried to download it, it asked for payer information. Address and phone number so I just gave up

Enter a fake address and phone number. Here's an address for you: "Ghyteghfghtr 16" and here's a phone number: "6786546556".

I made an account on xbox.com, and from there just searched for 'assassin's creed' and pressed a bunch of green buttons I hope mean 'buy', but now it wants a security code it has send to my imaginary Chinese phone number. Has anybody else run into this problem?

I made an account on xbox.com, and from there just searched for 'assassin's creed' and pressed a bunch of green buttons I hope mean 'buy', but now it wants a security code it has send to my imaginary Chinese phone number. Has anybody else run into this problem?

You pressed the wrong button. You can choose between having a security code sent to your secondary e-mail or your phone. Obviously you should pick e-mail because it's safer, faster and more convenient.

micster

Use an email address, the option under your phone number should be 'I dont have this anymore' where you can register an email address.

Cbajd5

Well it's downloading now and I imagine it'll take a while.

Also, the dashboard for the Chinese account is very plain. I like it.

You pressed the wrong button. You can choose between having a security code sent to your secondary e-mail or your phone. Obviously you should pick e-mail because it's safer, faster and more convenient.

Use an email address, the option under your phone number should be 'I dont have this anymore' where you can register an email address.

Oh, I see. I set up a security question instead of adding a secondary email adress.

Top Bottom