• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're somehow able to visit ONE JRPG town for a week. Which would you choose & why?

I think towns are as crucial to RPGs as the story and combat system. If we can get pretty silly for a little bit and and imagine you can vacation in a particular town from any JRPG, which one would you choose and why?

I'd have to go with Midgar. It's by far not the prettiest of destinations and it's full of shady areas, but I would take in as much of it as I can given the sentimental value I'd get out of visiting it.

edgefusion

The ones in Final Fantasy XIII. Oh wait!

But seriously though Lindblum from Final Fantasy IX looks ace. It'd be swell to fly around the city in one of those airships. The verticality of the whole place looks like it'd be pretty awe-inspiring to be seen from below too.

lindblum.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Academia 4XX
This is an EXCELLENT answer!

I'd probably go to that town, or Deling City in FFVIII.

Deling Station
WTKAm.jpg

Galbadia Hotel
jhYTU.jpg

Caraway's Mansion
m357f.jpg

Gateway
T8HOV.jpg

vid

Clock Town. Who needs a week? I just need THREE MORE DAYS.

If Majora's Mask doesn't qualify, I'd like to go with Pirate Island from Skies of Arcadia.

Oh fuck don't even do this to me man, I have a hard enough deciding where I'd like to go from FFIX alone, and then Xillia hit last year with a bunch of amazing looking towns as well.

I think at the end of the day I'd have to go with IX's Lindblum. The design is way too good and it just seems like such a fun place to wander about in, and I bet there's a bunch of great places to get drunk and have a laugh at as well.

(Yes I just spent about 8 minutes debating this all in my head.)

Balamb Garden seems nuts. Would love to see technology like that, also dinosaurs, and lots more. Oh and if that awesome music is playing over the PA speakers then it would make the trip worthwhile.

Not sure if this counts though.

Parnasse.jpg

Probably this place from Baten Kaitos. But I am sure I would end up like the poor guy on the bottom right of the pic if I stayed there too long. As the entire town is made of candy, cake, cookies, and god knows what other sweets.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ah, sorry, edited to add the name of the game. It´s from Baten Kaitos.
Haha yeah I noticed that it was Baten Kaitos when I saw GrumpyAliens post :3 (could judge from the models).

edgefusion

Oh fuck don't even do this to me man, I have a hard enough deciding where I'd like to go from FFIX alone, and then Xillia hit last year with a bunch of amazing looking towns as well.

I think at the end of the day I'd have to go with IX's Lindblum. The design is way too good and it just seems like such a fun place to wander about in, and I bet there's a bunch of great places to get drunk and have a laugh at as well.

(Yes I just spent about 8 minutes debating this all in my head.)

Yeah I picked Lindblum too but you're right that FFIX is full of places that look tremendous. Cleyra is another awesome place just because of how unusual it is, sat atop a giant tree surrounded by a permanent sandstorm. The views would be insane! Shame it's full of ugly rat-people. [/racism]

Cleyra_Observation.JPG

Yoshichan

Oh my God, I would do anything to live in Luca (FFX)...

umzLP.png

cTIQV.jpg

Yoshichan

Rabanastre? I'd do errands all day and get rich :3
As long as it doesn't involve having to kill evil tomatoes!

How do the sweets stay fresh and not get stale?

Seeing how much other magical shit is in this game's world, I don't think preserving sweets would be too hard for the people to be able to do. Either that or they are constantly baking and replacing parts as they go bad.

Yeah I picked Lindblum too but you're right that FFIX is full of places that look tremendous. Cleyra is another awesome place just because of how unusual it is, sat atop a giant tree surrounded by a permanent sandstorm. The views would be insane! Shame it's full of ugly rat-people. [/racism]

Cleyra_Observation.JPG

Yessss, fell in love with Cleyra the first time I went there, the atmosphere was really great as well.
Was devastated when Brahne nuked it :(

Top Bottom