• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Wolfenstein 2: Xbox One X's Biggest Leap Over PS4 Pro?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Great for 1X Owners.
The $100 price difference over the pro is definitely showing a more premium experience over the pro.

b0bbyJ03

Great for 1X Owners.
The $100 price difference over the pro is definitely showing a more premium experience over the pro.

That and the 1 year of advances. I’m not an X owner but I saw it at a friends. Graphics look great on a 4K TV. I was impressed

X with the ground and pound on Pro.

Ya know, the Pro might have worked out ok if they had adopted a few more features the way MSFT is handling the refreshed system (downsampling on every title, for instance) and if they had gone with 12 Gigs of ram, too.

LOUD915

We are getting to the point where I really can't notice much of a difference.

I'm perfectly happy with my 1080P Samsung Plasma.

Just get everything running at 60fps and I"m happy.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Impressive shown piece.
(I really don't like this game. Gameplay isn't very good. Which makes me sad because I loved the first one.)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

It's because you don't know any better.

If you had a 4K HDR display and got used to that, going back to your 1080p TV will make you want to vomit.

Mr Moose

A Bethesda game better on an Xbox machine? Shocking. (Obviously it should, but by that much? Yeahhh... No. Just like TEW2 @ 1260p on Pro).

4K games looks great on 4K screens (+HDR is sweet). XBOX is a great upgrade over One (S) if you have a 4K screen.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Gotta keep YouTube compression in mind.

Leviticus

Neo Member
I was actually watching this comparison video on my 4k TV and have to say that we are now entering the realms of diminishing returns when comparing 2052p to 1440p content. This becomes apparent as we now need to use a zoom to spot the differences. We would not need a zoom to tell 1080p from 720p.

While Wolfenstein on the X looks superior when zoomed in, the difference is not as dramatic as the narrator suggests. But I'm happy for all Xowners, anything below 1080p is just not acceptable anymore.

SenkiDala

Well, if that's considered to be a "big leap" then I'm perfectly fine with my PS4 Pro and won't ever need a XOX. I barely see the difference.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Gonna say it again, gotta keep YouTube compression in mind lol. It really makes a huge difference.

munroe

Those claiming little to no difference, how are you watching the videos? Because if you're only watching on a mobile device at max 1080p then yeah you will barely notice a difference

How much is MS paying DF for this barrage of XB1X content? very other day it seems they are posting something related. Seems fishy to me.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Double the IQ and double the performance sometimes even more isnt that big? Haha

You arent even trying to be objective here.

Performance was the same, and even sometimes more constant on Pro. Yes with a lower res (1440p), but still much higher then 1080p. Graphics difference at first place is not huge. We still have to zoom in to see some little differences. Some of you guy really think the Pro is Xbox On quality vs One X, because THAT'S huge.

Imo, they need to convince Xbox One players and not PS4 Pro player to buy an One X.

Space_nut

Significant improvements over pro :)

Xbox One X is a BEAST

DOUBLE the pixel res count!!
Matches closely to PC highest settings on a 1080ti!!
Better shading effects over pro

Wasn't this using fp16 ;)

How much is MS paying DF for this barrage of XB1X content? very other day it seems they are posting something related. Seems fishy to me.

Regardless of if they're being paid or not, it's a new console and console graphical comparisons and performance analysis are DF's breed and butter.

You expect them to not do the thing they're most known for?

I see that they are mercenaries. And they even stated Sony claimed pro to be a 4k machine when that was never the case. As stated at era there's a cap on pro at 1440P which is conveniently absent in the analysis.

How does there being a cap change anything? That's the highest it goes. You could say there's a 2160p cap on the X version.. makes no difference. They speak about the resolution in many varying circumstances. So yea.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I see that they are mercenaries. And they even stated Sony claimed pro to be a 4k machine when that was never the case. As stated at era there's a cap on pro at 1440P which is conveniently absent in the analysis.

What?? Df do mention that 1440p is the highest the pro goes.

Hell yeah. TRUE NEXTGEN started. Wow. Such a HUGE difference.

Xbox is essentially the dreamcast upgrade looks great now, but will pale once true next gen comes. That I can't wait for. Plus micosoft doesnt have exclusive shit unlike sega or sony. So nahhh I'm good for now. Surge protect me xbox

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Maybe it is just Youtube, but I am watching this in 4k mode on a 4k/HDR TV and I don't see a huge difference. The XB1X version does look a little nicer though.

valkyre

Are we at a point where we have to zoom in at 600% to notice the gulf between the 2 machines?

That is not to say that you cant tell the X is going to be sharper and cleaner than the Pro but those DF comparisons where they zoom in at a photo 600% to show a bottle saying "medicine" is something that I bet nobody will be able to read while playing the game.

Yes the game is better on X but that whole gulf thing sounds hyperbolic, unless people play on 60+ inch TVs standing 1 foot away.

Top Bottom