• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) at E3 2012 confirmed

http://kotaku.com/5902458/nintendos-bringing-new-wii-u-pikmin-and-mario-to-e3

I contacted Nintendo for confirmation of Miyamoto's interview statements, and received the following response: "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Pikmin game will be shown at the E3 Expo in June. He believes that anyone who has played Pikmin games in the past will enjoy playing."

This. Is. It.

I was half expecting it, but of course the other half doubted it, but it seems that the wait will finally be over, for the game originally announced at E3 2008 via the roundtable (asked by a fellow GAFer even IIRC), four years since, the time has finally come.

GDGF

Soothsayer
YES!!!

So much Wii U news today.

Here's hoping they use the power of the machine to go crazy with a claymation artstyle.

TheNatural

My Member!
I've never played the second one of these, but the first one was a fun little game, and it's one of the few franchises that hasn't been beaten to death into the ground so it will be pretty fresh.

guek

Banned
OKQnY.gif

though this news should come as a surprise to no one

Sayah

They already said at past E3 that development shifted from Wii to Wii U. Is a reveal supposed to be a surprise for a game everyone knows is coming?

D_prOdigy

3 E3's so far iirc.

No?

It was confirmed to be in development at E3 2008, but Miyamoto said it was nowhere near ready to be shown.

Then it was confirmed to be moved to Wii U at E3 2011. They showed no Wii U games, you'll remember.

This notion that it's been forever promised to be shown and never actually shown is plain wrong.

Feep

Banned
I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't save this stuff for the conference itself. The impact is dramatically lessened if we know about it beforehand.

Top Bottom