• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ancient Aliens] Nvidia 364.47 driver issues

Tecnniqe

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/49cq5m/nvidia_driver_available/
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/49cy4i/new_36447_driver_released_with_vulkan_support_in/

"Windows 10 here, black screens everywhere. I don't recommend installing, this is the very first time I experienced an issue with a NVIDIA driver, guess I'm part of the club now.."

"Can no longer boot, TDR failure every time"

Driver cause issues and BSOD upon rebooting for a lot of people.
BE CAREFUL!

Possible solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/49cq5m/nvidia_driver_available/d0qqw6r
Safe mode allows you to remove the drivers but upon reboot it would go wrong if i tried to reinstall the drivers. If you can get in safe mode, DDU is able to scrub the drivers. It'll do its thing and reboot for you, then just reinstall the latest drivers.
Don't forget to set your "Output dynamic range" back to full!

People are reporting it's a multi-monitor issue.

"i can verify as the above stated its a multiple display setup problem i tried and got same results.

disconnect a monitor
install
reconnect "

Try that if you are having issues.

Arkeband

Banned
The last few drivers have caused flickering when viewing HTML5 video on dual screen setups when the window isn't active. It's very weird.

I'll avoid this build, thanks.

Human_me

I had to go into safe mode twice to fix my computer.

I recommend people stay on driver version 362.00 (1st March) for the time being, I imagine Nvidia are running around like crazy trying to fix this currently.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Thanks for the heads up. I currently have driver version 362.00 installed so I won't be changing anything for now since I've had zero issues since receiving my GTX 970 on Saturday.

Smash88

Banned
While it may not help, but to give others insight, I have not had issues on Windows 10 GTX 980Ti. I'll keep an eye out for any issues.

CeePhour

Banned
Caused a BSOD boot loop for me.

In safe mode used DDU to remove, rebooted, reinstalled, here I am and this is the first thread I see. Great way to start my morning.

edit (details): Win 10 Pro x64, GTX980, 2 monitors (HDMI/DVI), could NOT run normal uninstaller in Safe Mode "not a valid Win32 application".

Tecnniqe

Banned
While it may not help, but to give others insight, I have not had issues on Windows 10 GTX 980Ti. I'll keep an eye out for any issues.

Reports are everything from last gen-this gen on Win7-8.1 and Win10.

Massive dice roll by the looks, some have issues even getting the drivers off.

Smash88

Banned
Reports are everything from last gen-this gen on Win7-8.1 and Win10.

Massive dice roll by the looks, some have issues even getting the drivers off.

Yeah now I'm worried, but it seems if you don't have the issue you just don't have it period.

Here's hoping for a quick hotfix.

For what it's worth I did a clean uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode. Not sure if that had any bearing, but probably worth noting.

Rellik

hmmm is this beta? I thought the latest was 362.

2016-03-0716_32_25-nv7wofm.png

I did click the check box for beta's though.

Ieu

I've had the black screen issue before and it's not necessarily a problem with Nvidia's drivers - more a conflict between Intel and Nvidia's GPUs. Damn it was annoying though!

Smash88

Banned
People are reporting it's a multi-monitor issue.

"i can verify as the above stated its a multiple display setup problem i tried and got same results.

disconnect a monitor
install
reconnect "

Try that if you are having issues.

low-G

Well at least it's fixable with safe mode and driver cleaning tools, but holy shit how are these bugs getting through QA?

Smash88

Banned
Since my post was deleted, installed driver with 780 Ti / Win 10 and seems to be working fine.

Yeah it's seemingly random.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ay-driver-feedback-thread-released-3-7-16-/2/

I'm going off by this thread where multiple people are reporting to do the same thing if you have a multi-monitor setup:

"I had the same issues as some other people on this thread. (BSOD and recovering needed)
but i fixed it for my computer by:
1) Disconnecting second display
2) Install driver
3) Connect second display again

4) It works now ! (at least for me)"

Here is another one:

"I tried the workaround of performing the install while only 1 monitor connected. (normally have 2)
I performed an advanced, clean install.
During the driver installation section, the screen went black, then into powersave, then stayed this way for about 4 minutes, until the Windows 10 OS detected that the driver had failed and performed an automatic video driver recovery operation. At this point, the installation continued successfully.
I elected to reboot, which worked, OK, and the drivers appears installed OK afterwards.
Also no problem re-enabling the second screen as well."

Until a hotfix is up, I guess the safe bet is use at your own discretion and, if you do try it, get ready to have DDU installed and ready and that you can boot to Safe Mode.

Kawngi

Using multiple monitors, just updated and restarted my PC without any problems so far. Hopefully it stays like that!

Strider311

I can confirm: The latest drivers gave me BSOD. Laboriously had to reinstall the previous drivers. Will wait for a fix.

Genio88

I'm on 362 and no problem with GTX 980, i guess i'll stick with it, thanks for the warning, though it's weird that they just released a new driver after less than a week from the previous one

Didnt the previous driver have Hitman support?

I saw it mention support for the Beta, not sure if it applies to retail version too

Maybe it did, I don't update my drivers terribly often, but I checked that reddit thread and went through to the news post and it said it was game ready drivers for The Division, NFS, Hitman, and Ashes of the Singularity. I'll check the 3/1 drivers for my update, then, and I'll keep on top of this situation, hopefully nVidia is scrambling.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
I unfortunately installed through GeForce Experience about an hour before this thread popped up and had a lot of pain but solved by booting into safe mode, running Device Driver Uninstaller, booting back into normal mode, downloading the drivers through the Nvidia site as opposed to GeForce Experience, and performing a clean install with those. Hope that helps someone.

I have multiple monitors and couldn't get anything to work until I unplugged one.. couldn't even get into safe mode. The problems occurred during the initial install of the drivers (red, grey screens, flickering on and off) and after reboot (loop)

I'm going to risk installing these (though I'll unplug all my other monitors). These finally let you use DSR + GSync + SLI. I've been waiting for this to work for over a year. I'd given up hope that it'd ever get fixed (annoyingly, previously, if you have SLI and a Gsync monitor even connected, you couldn't use DSR even if you disabled Gsync in graphics settings).

There's a lot of older games where I could stand to use DSR and SLI and Gsync to really make them sing.

wishdom

Are you running multiple monitors? Try unplugging and using single monitor and see if it works.

Yep that seems to be the main issue, I run dual-monitors and I had the black screen problem.
So I just rolled-back the driver in safe-mode and I'll be waiting for a new driver fix.

Smash88

Banned
Some people are speculating that it could be relatable to GFE as well. So if you don't need GFE, don't install it.

Majukun

just finished installing them and i found this thread...for now everything seems to work fine..what are the conditions for the bad stuff to happen?or it is just as the driver is installed?

suikodan

I've updated yesterday to 362 (I guess). I just upgraded from Win8 to Win10 and Fallout 4 was crashing via Gamestream like crazy where it didn't do it ever before.

I'll check again tonight to verify but thanks for the PSA.

Did you do a clean install OP?

Might hold off till all is clear. Been having bad luck with updates this week. There was a windows 10 update that causes a bug with XB1 controllers on PC.

Top Bottom