• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft game discount sales on 3ds eshop

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
fo3o2oM.jpg

From nintendo 3ds facebook page

Tucah

you speak so well
Ghost Recon is awesome, probably the only game on that list worth buying (Origins is good but easily the worst version).

RE_Player

For the love of God don't buy Rayman Origins on 3DS. Any other platform is great but the 3DS version looks horrible on that screen.

Llyranor

You should be able to find Ghost Recon for 10 bucks new, so that might still be cheaper than this sale. How much is it on eshop?

If anyone is looking for an overlooked quality title, get Ghost Recon Shadow wars. If you enjoyed X-com or Fire Emblem, Shadow Wars is right up your alley.

Anyone considering Shadow Wars should know that it's like $14 on Amazon right now and regularly gets as low as $10 at times.

This deal would still make the game more expensive than just getting a retail copy.

cacildo

yeah, this isnt such a great deal....

you can get much better deals at amazon.

i cant buy from amazon, but the fact you can get better deals from em makes me want to buy nothing at all

Shauni

Well, this sale brought my attention to that Ghost Recon game, which sounds interesting. Think I'll just pick it up on Amazon for $14 or less a little later, though.

cacildo

they need better sales.

if it was 50% off, maybe i would bite. But even 50% off aint that much of an incredible discount to those games

Also, funny how nobody even talks about the splinter cell one. Is it that bad?

Is Rayman Origins that bad on the 3DS? What's wrong with it?
edit: downloaded the demo. oh my god. wtf. the 3DS should be able to handle this. It's all blurry too. Especially Rayman's head icon on the upper lest side of the screen is blurry. Sticking to the PS3 version.

RM8

This is a Ghost Recon sale, not a Ubisoft sale.

Half the frame rate and super tiny low-res Rayman. Still, it plays the same, so if for some weird reason you don't own a PS3, 360, Wii, Vita or PC... it's still an okay platformer.

Heh, Rabbids 3D came free with my 3DS back at launch. It's pretty okay if you're looking for a really, really basic platformer. Some nice music, too! Still, you could probably get it for like $5 second hand these days.

Yep, it's awful on 3DS. Play it on any other system instead.

SeanNoonan

I know people might say I am "teh bias", but seriously, Ghost Recon was without a doubt the best launch title for the 3DS. Excellent game.

I remember having a pretty good time with the Rabbids platform game too, though to be honest, it's probably aimed at younger audiences.

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is an awesome turn based strategy game, similar to the tactical parts of X-Com (in fact it was made by Julian Gollop, the man behind the original X-Com.) I highly recommend it.

Oh god, Rayman 3D was so shit.
Rayman 3D's framerate is apparently a lot better since the mysterious update that fixed a lot of loadtimes and framerates for games earlier this year. The only game I have affected is Mercenaries 3D, and it loads much faster than it did and it doesn't dip as badly in highly populated areas.

Was there anything other than the framerate that kept Rayman 3D down?

Effect

Another vote for Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Very good tactical strategy game. If you enjoyed Fire Emblem at all you'll very likely enjoy this as well. I still play my copy from time to time as well. There is a surprising amount of content in the game.

qq more

Rayman 3D's framerate is apparently a lot better since the mysterious update that fixed a lot of loadtimes and framerates for games earlier this year. The only game I have affected is Mercenaries 3D, and it loads much faster than it did and it doesn't dip as badly in highly populated areas.

Was there anything other than the framerate that kept Rayman 3D down?

Audio was kind of glitchy too. There were some other things that bugged me but I forgot what else.

Top Bottom